Fanfic - Max/Liz
"A Present Unseen"
Part 31
by Meagzie
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am nothing but a lowly servant of my computer and endless hours of fanfic. (Ok, maybe not.) Ooo, but I do own Adam. Mine. Mine mine mine.
Summary: It's about two years after A Past Forgotten. Graduation is just around the corner, but so is trouble.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Ok, I know I say this a lot and I talk too much as it is, but FEEDBACK. I need it... it keeps my blood pumping and my fingers typing. Please? Love you guys!
“Wow,” Liz breathed as she swung back forth on the swing. Adam stood behind her, giving her pushes to give her greater height. She felt like she was five again, so carefree. Not a doubt in the world or for the world.

“Yeah, so that’s my story,” replied Adam. The park was silent and the moon was gradually descending on them. The sun was bidding its farewell, and with it was colouring the sky. The park, with its large, overbearing “Sunny Oaks Park” sign, wasn’t much of a park. One wooden picnic table lay in the middle of an open field, with a set of swings hanging deafly next to it.

“How’d you know it was on fire? Your house, I mean,” Liz asked. She stopped the swing and twisted it so she was looking at him. Adam brushed a tired hand through his hair and went to sit down on the picnic table.

“I wasn’t even home at the time, I came back when the house was almost, completely burnt down. I don’t know how, but I just knew it was Khivar. The whole week prior I kept getting these feelings like I was being followed, threatened. So I fled. I wasn’t sure if I’d be next, but I couldn’t take that chance. I already knew that you were out there somewhere, and risking my life was a complete no. So like I said, I left and found you guys.” Liz nodded solemnly. She stood up, walking towards and wrapped her arms around Adam. He basked in the sudden warmth, unsure whether he should let go or hang on forever.

Liz leaned in and whispered into his ear, “Thank you, Adam. For saving my life and giving away your own.” Adam smiled up at her.

“I wouldn’t have it any other way. I’m in-” Adam bit his lip, hard. Too close, too much to lose.

“You’re what?” Liz asked, confused as to why he was desperately chewing his lip.

“I’m, uh… insisting- YEAH! I’m insisting we go back to the motel. I’m a bit chilly and it’s going to get really dark soon.” Adam gave her a quick grin and hopped of the table, walking away. Liz stood still for a moment, shocked by his abrupt movements. She turned and ran after him.

“Adam,” she called. “Adam, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to bring up all that stuff on you. I just wanted to let you know I’m grateful for everything you’ve done for me.” She grabbed his arm and made him turn to her. “I’m sorry.” Adam looked at her puzzled for a moment, as to why she would be sorry. But he realized his abrupt reaction to her must have confused her. It wasn’t like he could finish what he was going to say.

“Oh, Liz, I didn’t mean it that way. I’m glad I let it out, and thank you for listening to me. You have nothing to be sorry for.” He smiled and hugged her. “C’mon, I really am cold, lets go back.” Liz just nodded and walked beside him.

Liz looked up at Adam and bit her lip, unsure if she should ask the question that was brewing in her mind. Their whole situation would start to make a little more sense if he answered how she thought he would. But would he?

“Adam?” Liz uttered. She glanced nervously up at him and then looked back down at her seemingly methodically moving feet. “Where was home for you, anyways?” Adam looked at her, suddenly uncomfortable. Bingo.

“Sunny Oaks.”

Part 30 | Index | Part 32
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.