Fanfic - Max/Liz
"A Present Unseen"
Part 71
by Meagzie
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am nothing but a lowly servant of my computer and endless hours of fanfic. (Ok, maybe not.) Ooo, but I do own Adam. Mine. Mine mine mine.
Summary: It's about two years after A Past Forgotten. Graduation is just around the corner, but so is trouble.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Ok, I know I say this a lot and I talk too much as it is, but FEEDBACK. I need it... it keeps my blood pumping and my fingers typing. Please? Love you guys!
“That was almost too easy,” Khivar said with glee. “But I’ll take what I get.” The pile of bodies that lay amongst Khivar’s feet made him want to chuckle at their feeble situation.

A unanimous groan was shared among the scattered group, with the surprise of the attack still overpowering them. Each was trying to moderate the strain in their bodies that was causing them all great stress. A wave of panic swept through the group at their newest state and circumstances.

“Liz?” a moaning Max called out, yet received no answer. All he wanted was to make sure she was all right. He reached out to her, not even sure as to where she was. But he needed her, he needed to touch her just so he could know she was all right, that Khivar, that bastard, hadn’t hurt his beauty.

“Aw, isn’t that cute? The little prince calling out for his princess.” Khivar smirked as he sent out another blast of power towards the ground, shaking up the group again.

“You see, Princie, why you ever thought you could protect Leandra was beyond me. Even on Antar, you were so weak. You let her die right in front of you. Do you remember it? Because I do. Every. Single. Detail.”

“If you think you’ll win, you’ve got another thing coming, you stupid space beast!” Maria screamed at him, clutching a grunting Alex close to her. Khivar narrowed his eyes at her, dreadfully silent.

“I wouldn’t say anything you’re going to regret later, sweetheart,” Khivar hissed.

“Trust me, I haven’t said anything I’ll regret. Nothing I could ever say to the likes of you will be regretted.” Khivar seethed at her words and immediately lifted his hand to direct a bolting strike at Maria. Before anyone else could think twice, Liz had her shield raised in front of Maria and Alex, though wincing at the expense of using her still weak energy.

Khivar laughed at her attempt to defend them, and blasted energy right through the shield, causing Liz to fall to her knees with not a hint of a shield left.

“Fools. All of you.” Khivar extended his hand, and by the simple will of his powers, Liz’s body was dragged forcefully towards his. Max moved to stop him, but two guards were already threatening him not to move again.

“If you can’t accept that this is your destiny, not some second chance to run Antar, my planet, then I will just have to show you.” Khivar placed a hand on Liz’s head and she screamed in pain at the instant touch, but before anything else could process, a blinding light emitted from her forehead, and the room swirled insanely. Bright colours erupted and pictures began to pour out in the minds of Liz’s fellow Royal Court members and their protectors, connections being forced through Liz’s mind by Khivar.

Part 70 | Index | Part 72
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.