Fanfic - Max/Liz
"A Present Unseen"
Part 9
by Meagzie
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am nothing but a lowly servant of my computer and endless hours of fanfic. (Ok, maybe not.) Ooo, but I do own Adam. Mine. Mine mine mine.
Summary: It's about two years after A Past Forgotten. Graduation is just around the corner, but so is trouble.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Ok, I know I say this a lot and I talk too much as it is, but FEEDBACK. I need it... it keeps my blood pumping and my fingers typing. Please? Love you guys!
“Everyone all right?” Max asked the group as they all arrived at their predetermined spot. A unanimous nod was found around the group.

“This is really happening, isn’t it?” Maria’s shaky voice asked out. No one dared to answer her. No one wanted to acknowledge the answer in fear it, too, would become all too real.

“It’ll be all right,” Michael’s soothing voice whispered in Maria’s ear as her wrapped a comforting arm around her shoulder. Maria laid her head on his shoulder for suddenly it felt too heavy. Everything felt too heavy.

“We knew this was going to happen,” Liz replied boldly. She stood up from her previous crouched position on a nearby boulder. Max went to wrap his arms around her reassuringly, but she just shrugged them off. “No, like I said, we all knew this was going to happen so we’re not going to run scared now. Khivar can kiss my ass for all I care. He’s not going to get what he wants.” Everyone looked at her wide-eyed, somewhat surprised by her confidence. They almost believed her. Almost.

“Liz, you don’t have to do this,” Max said softly. He attempted to take her hand, but again she refused.

“No!” Liz screamed. “I’m not going to be scared. I am NOT scared. I am not going to let him rip my life from me. I’m not…” Her words trailed off as she felt her barrier breaking. Violent tears flowed down her face, despite her constant fight not to let them leak. She turned away from the group and began to run. In no direction in particular, just ran.

“Liz, no!” Max cried out. He began to run after her, when he felt an arm pull him back. He turned to see Adam’s face, and couldn’t resist the want to punch him.

“Let go of me,” Max growled. He jerked his arm away from Adam’s grip, but Adam refused to let him go.

“She obviously doesn’t want anyone right now.” Adam had a point, but Max chose to ignore it, instead letting bottled up rage take over.

“You’re just going to let her run off into the desert with no protection? When people have been following us, following her? People would like to capture her and do hell knows what to her?” Max pulled his arm away again, this time succeeding. He narrowed his eyes, and menacingly retorted, “Some protector you are.” Adam froze at Max’s comment and stared off into the distance.

“Max,” Maria livid voice growled. “I know you’re upset, but don’t say things you’re going to regret.” She put her hands on her hips, about ready to do Max some bodily harm.

“Deluca, calm down,” Alex said to Maria. He put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. “Everybody, calm down. Liz will be fine. If you boys weren’t so caught up in your bickering, then you would have noticed our very capable Michael Guerin is with Liz right now. So everybody lets just relax. Think this all out.” Audible sighs were heard out into the dark desert. What once was a beautiful, promising world just turned dark and deadly.

Part 8 | Index | Part 10
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.