FanFic - Max/Liz
"Abduction, Guilt, and Forgiveness"
Part 6
by Kelly
Disclaimer: I've read a bunch of disclaimers, so whatever they say is good enough for me... Basically I don't own them. Boo Hoo Hoo!!!
Summary: Around a month after Balance, Max and Liz get back together. However like the in the history of their relationship though, someone or something interferes. To make it worse, something happens to a majority of the gang. From then on, even though they don't think it can get worse, it does.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Authors Note: I know nobody wants to take the time to write feedback, but if you write something and no one responds, its really discouraging. Please tell me how it is, cause I want to make this story really long, but if no one tells you how it is (I want the truth) then its really easy to just give up, so please tell me what you think.
“Hank.” Michael said with a tone of hatred. He grasped Maria’s hand even tighter. God he never realized how much he needed her.

“Yes, so we meet again Michael. Unfortunately I’m short on time so we’ll have get into personal conversations later, but right now I want you to tell me what you know about Max Evans, and where he is.”

Isabel looked at everyone. Hank must have been so drunk in the past that he had forgotten that she was Max’s sister. She wondered how he ever could have gotten into the government. “Well he’s a really responsible teenager who likes everything perfect.” She said.

“Yeah he like Basketball and-” But Alex was cut off by Hank’s yell.

“You think I don’t know that already? Tell me what I want to know! Where is he from?”

“Well from Earth like all of us, where else?”

“Don’t pull that crap with me Mickey-Boy. You were his best friend, he would have told you!”

“Told me what?”

“I’ll make a deal with you. You have 1 hour to decide whether or not to work with me. Here’s a hint, you might want to pick the easy way, cause not telling is going to be painful” With that he left the room. Leaving the Michael twice as scared as before.

Max sped up as he approached the old factory. It was dark and very deserted looking. He couldn’t imagine how anyone could be in there. His heart beat faster. He was so unprepared, so nervous, so scared. He had no idea how long he could keep himself semi-invisible, and if it would be long enough to find the others. As the building came closer, Max decided to park the Jeep a little ways off so that no one could see it. After he got out he began walking towards the factory, stumbling over stones and sticks. He squinted and suddenly everything lit up. He had forgotten that it was easier for him to see in the dark than during the day if he tried. Max examined the building, it had motion sensors that most likely activated lights, and extremely tall windows on every side.

Focusing on his molecules, Max spread himself apart and began to walk towards a window. He successfully walked across the old parking lot and reached the wall of the building without activating any alarms. However, when he reformed a hand and opened the window, bells began to go off and he heard running from inside. Dissolving his hand once more, he climbed in, closed the window, and followed a man running down the hall. Being so close to the man, he was able to hear the orders he received. “Sedate the prisoners and bring them to the loading dock. We need to move them so nothing happens to them.”

For the first time in a while, something went right, this man was going to lead him straight to Liz and the others. “Figures” Max thought, as his happy news turned sour when he was forced to turn a corner because someone else was walking towards them and he didn’t want to take the risk of being seen. When he finally passed, Max ran back to the other hallway to find that the guard he had been following was no longer there. Max when to the next branch off. No guard. However, at the very end of the last hallway he saw a man unlocking a door. That must be them! Walking quietly he reached the door which had re-locked behind the man. Sliding his hand over the lock he unlatched the door and slowly opened it.

He looked inside. The man was injecting Alex with his needle, everyone else was unconscious on the floor. Max considered his options, either leave them here and run, or use his powers in a way he vowed never to. Max knew he couldn’t abandon them, so wincing slightly he grabbed the man’s neck, connected, and squeezed an artery until he passed out. Max ran and picked up Isabel and Alex. As quickly as he could, with the help of his powers, he pulled them to the closest window, climbed out, and put them down a hundred feet from the building. By the time he got back to the room, he had used 6 minutes. He picked the guard’s radio up and reported, “There was a complication with the prisoners, but it’s under control now. I’ll have them in the loading dock in twenty minutes.” He didn’t know how far the loading dock was, and he hoped that 20 minutes wasn’t long for them.

“Ok, but make it fast or we’ll send someone to help you. We would right now, but we’re using everyone else to search for the intruder. There hasn’t been any other sign of him, but we will find him,” Max breathed in a sigh of relief. He had some more time now. He ran over to Michael and Maria and used his powers to lift them up, carry them to the window, and place them next to the others. Then he ran back for Liz. He hesitated before picking her up into his arms. What would she say if she woke up? Knowing it was more important to get her out of there, Max picked her up and began to make his way for the window. When he reached it, he heard footsteps coming down the opposite hallway. Knowing he probably wouldn’t have time to get out the window without being seen, Max kissed Liz, and released her, and then made himself invisible and moved her out of the window away from the building at the same time with his powers. Sure enough a man walked around the corner, saw him, yelled something to a guard behind him, and stuck a needle with sedative into a scared, reformed Max who crumpled to the ground.

Part 5 | Index | Part 7
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.