FanFic - Max/Liz
"Anachronism"
Part 7
by Kes
Disclaimer: I do not own, no lawsuits please.
Summary: (Tess Free Zone) Genndy has a secret bigger than the secret that Max, Isabel and Michael keep.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Authors Note: We are not asked to be brought into this world. Those of us born with the weight of the world on our backs often never belong to anything or feel at home any where; like living anachronisms, but in our own time. According to Cambridge Dictionaries Online, the definition for anachronism is "a person, thing or idea which exists out of its time in history, especially one which happened or existed later than the period being shown, discussed, etc." With living anachronisms like myself in mind, I wrote this story while thinking of the song, "This Must be the Place (Naive Melody)" by the Talking Heads. Lyrics to "This Must be the Place (Naive Melody)" are at the end of Anachronism.
"Ah...So it's you. Trixie showed me her powers. I figured out that either you or your wife had them too," Steve teased.

"Enough. Please stop (Claudine looked at Steve and then turned to her father). I'm sorry dad, but I love him so much, you know like you love mom. I promise I'll stop skipping classes, and finish high school. Steve has sworn to take good care of me and the baby. So you don't have to worry about the future."

Max's hands glowed brighter. "I'm not a violent man, but for you, Steve, I'll make an exception."

"Daddy, please don't!" Claudine raised her voice.

Max ceased at Claudine's behest, ran over and hugged his daughter, "I love you, sweetie. I'm so sorry that thing ever touched you. You deserve so much better than that."

"His name is Steve, daddy," Claudine insisted.

Max turned to leave and outstretched his right hand , "Let's go home, Claudine." She reached out and took her father's hand.

"If you walk out that door, I won't love you any more. Who else will love you, especially now that you're preggers?" Steve taunted.

"Leave my daughter alone, you scum ball! Don't listen to him Claudine, let's go home."

Claudine froze and let go of her father's hand.

"I don't doubt that you love him as much as I love your mother, but trust me...You are mistaking glitter for gold. In short, you are coming home with me, Claudine. There is no other option." Max affirmed.

"Get over here, Trixie. Now!" Steve growled. She obediently left her father and ran to Steve's side. You're too late, Max. Get out of my house!" Steve grabbed Claudine's butt and started to lick her neck and face.

"Please leave, dad. I'll be okay. He really does love me." She looked very ashamed.

"I have no shame, Max. I can do it in front of you, no problem." Steve started to take Claudine's clothes off.

Max cried and cursed at Steve. "Claudine...lets go home. Your mom loves you, I love you; we can get you through this. You don't need...Steve (flatly said)."

Almost naked, Claudine blushed while Steve continued to seduce her. "I'm sorry, dad. I really am. He's not always like this. You just made him mad. He is much nicer when he is not mad."

"Oh, are you still here," Steve glared at Max.

Max tackled Steve off his daughter and hammered into Steve's face and body with his fists. "Put your clothes on, and wait for me out in the Jeep, Claudine!" Max grunted through blows to Steve. "I'm not going to kill him."

"No! And you better stop hurting him...or else," Claudine defiantly dared with hesitation in her voice.

"Or else?" Max questioned looking winded by his daughters words.

"Yeah, or else I'll have her kill you," Steve challenged. Max punched the smug look off Steve's face.

"CLAUDINE, GET DRESSED AND WAIT FOR ME IN THE JEEP!!!" Max's voice stormed.

Claudine fumbled putting her clothes on and started to run to Steve's still open front door. When she almost reached the doorway, she heard Steve screaming for her to help him.

"I should kill you for what you've done to my daughter, but instead I'll let justice deal with you." Max got off of Steve and rubbed his knuckles.

"Justice?" Steve scoffed. Man, are you dense. I don't know where you're from, but you certainly have not learned anything since you've been here. Welcome to Earth, Max. There is no such thing as 'justice.' Good riddens, Max."

Max's eyes widened in disbelief and confusion. He stood up and headed for the door while Steve screamed and hollered for mercy. Max was not even near Steve.

"His hands are glowing, Trixie! How can I defend myself against power?! Help! Please help me, my love! Your father is killing me!" Steve yelled.

Claudine turned around from the exit, and ran towards her boyfriend's aid, "Stop it, dad! Stop it! You said you would not kill him!"

"He's killing me, Trixie! Kill him first! Hurry, my love! Save me! Kiss our baby for me, my love! You're going to be too late! Then Steve screamed loudly while still untouched.

Steve's final scream carved emotion into Claudine's face, tears blurred her vision. Unclearly, Claudine saw Max running towards her and without assessing the real truth of the situation, blasted him with power comparable to a nuclear bomb.

Watching mortified in the 'past,' everyone except Genndy ascended onto Max. They clutched onto him while absolutely hysterical with tears. Speechless and scared, Max trembled. Liz, Isabel, Michael, Maria and Alex decided they would never let Max go and vowed that he would never die even when he was over and beyond the call of elderly, feeble and ready to.

Part 6 | Index | Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.