FanFic - Max/Liz
"Anachronism"
Part 9
by Kes
Disclaimer: I do not own, no lawsuits please.
Summary: (Tess Free Zone) Genndy has a secret bigger than the secret that Max, Isabel and Michael keep.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Authors Note: We are not asked to be brought into this world. Those of us born with the weight of the world on our backs often never belong to anything or feel at home any where; like living anachronisms, but in our own time. According to Cambridge Dictionaries Online, the definition for anachronism is "a person, thing or idea which exists out of its time in history, especially one which happened or existed later than the period being shown, discussed, etc." With living anachronisms like myself in mind, I wrote this story while thinking of the song, "This Must be the Place (Naive Melody)" by the Talking Heads. Lyrics to "This Must be the Place (Naive Melody)" are at the end of Anachronism.
"Isabel's powers healed her when she was comatose." Genndy continued. "Isabel repaired Michael's remaining injuries and evened up Maria's horrible $5 hair cut. Then, Isabel and Michael tried to correct time. Months of attempts passed, and one day per Liz's idea, Isabel and Michael attempted to correct time while connected with Genndy and the twins. They unsuccessfully altered their current time, but were successful in opening a window to the distant past. Desperate to escape the rotting present, everyone packed what little they had and prepared to move to the distant past. Isabel turned their last bag of charcoal into diamonds, and Liz, Genndy, Maria, Michael, Mark, Mason, Isabel, Alex, Liz's parents (The Parkers), Maria's mom (Ms. DeLuca), Isabel's parents (The Evans), and Alex's parents (The Whitmans) escaped the present."

The next scene showed a town with cowboys (tall hats and spurs worn) and covered horse pulled wagons.

The following scene was of a lavish estate with a farm, horse ranch, fruit trees, a well, courtyards, gardens and crops. Inside the lavish house, Liz played Hide and Go Seek with Genndy, Mason and Mark. (They were not babies any more.) Maria and Michael watched from a nearby hallway with their hands clasped together.

In the courtyard, Isabel and Alex sat on a bench and watched in awe as Isabel's round, protruding stomach moved.

Alex's parents hummed the Grateful Dead's 'Casey Jones' song while they gardened.

Isabel's parents read in the immense library of the lavish house.

Maria's mom organized hundreds and hundreds of pictures of the occupants of the DeLuca, Evans, Guerin, Parker, Whitman Estate.

Later that evening, in the kitchen of the lavish home, the twins (who looked about 10 years of age) argued.

"I did the dishes last night!" Mason yelled.

"Liar, liar, pants on fire!" Mark yelled louder. "I did the dishes last night!"

"Did not!" Mason stomped his foot.

"Did to!" Mark stomped his foot.

"Did not!" Mason jumped.

"Did to!" Mark jumped.

"Mom!" Mason and Mark screamed in stereo.

"Why is it that everyone's turn in doing dishes goes smoothly except when it comes time for Mark and Mason to do the dishes?" Maria whispered to Michael as they hid in the linen closet from their sons.

"Mom!" Mason and Mark screamed in stereo again. They ran around the house, "Mom!"

"You know, they're going to find us," Michael took Maria's hand. "They always find us. Thanks to Liz, they're masters at Hide and Go Seek."

"Shhhh. They're coming this way." Maria patched her hand over Michael's mouth.

"Mom!" The twins blasted again. Then they opened the linen closet and discovered their parents. "Mom...and dad!"

Michael and Maria looked like deer in truck headlights.

"Oh, Mark...Mason. Were you looking for me?" Maria played innocent. Michael accidentally chuckled and Maria elbowed him in the stomach.

Mark and Mason looked at each other with a curious expression, blinked twice at the same time and returned their attention to their parents.

"Mason is trying to get out of washing dishes...again!" Mark complained.

"No, Mark is trying to get out of washing dishes...again!" Mason complained.

"It's times like now that I really miss Excedrin," Maria mumbled to Michael and rubbed her forehead with her knuckles.

"Don't worry, I'll handle this." Michael seemed confident and smiled. "I don't remember who washed dishes last night. Do you, Maria?"

"No." She answered.

"Okay, to keep the peace, Maria will wash the dishes. Case closed, end of discussion." Michael crossed his arms.

"Thanks, dad!" The twins said together, then scurried off.

"What just happened?" Maria questioned.

"You restored balance and peace." Michael kissed her on the lips. "Don't worry, I'll wash dishes."

In the next scene, Michael waved his hands over a mountain of dirty dishes and they were all cleaned. Alex's parents walked in the kitchen just after Michael finished.

"Ah, Mark-and-Mason dish night again, huh?" Mrs. Whitman remarked.

With a half smile on his face, Michael, replied, "Yep."

"Have they ever washed dishes?" Mr. Whitman asked.

"Hmmm. Good question." Michael answered. "Mark! Mason!"

"Maria's mom, Isabel's parents, Liz's parents, and Alex's parents were really cool about being the last to find out about the 'secret'." Genndy commented in the 'past.' "Although, I could tell that Isabel's parents sometimes beat themselves up about all the times they gave Max a hard time. Every once in a while, the family would chat about Max. It was great healing therapy. I could almost see the cartoon light bulb come on over the heads of Mr. and Mrs. Evans. They never had a hint or a clue about their beloved adopted son and daughter's 'secret.'"

In the next scene, Isabel radiated with motherhood, in what looked like a living room, but it was as big as a Wal-Mart. She sat on a huge sofa with Alex.

"You're staring again, Alex." Isabel groaned.

"I'm sorry. You're just so beautiful, Isabel. I mean, you are beautiful anyway, but pregnant you...excel beautiful." Alex's eyes brushed proudly over his wedding band, Isabel's matching wedding band, and her belly. "My wife is carrying our baby."

"Save it!" Isabel seemed irritated.

"I love you, too." Alex grinned at Isabel. "Would you like me to rub your feet?"

"That would be wonderful," Isabel consented. She smiled as Alex gently rubbed her swollen bare feet. "I apologize for being so cranky. I love you very much, Alex."

Alex looked like the happiest man alive as he rubbed Isabel's ugly (always) and swollen feet.

Part 8 | Index | Part 10
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.