Fanfic - Max/Liz
"Another Life"
PrologueAnnabel
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story; they are the property of Melinda Metz and Jason Katims. I am just glad that I can borrow them for a while.
Summary: What if Liz never got shot? Would Liz and Max ever meet? Would Max ever express his feelings? If he did, would they have the same strong connection? This story is about of this. Except Liz is not called "Liz", she is actually called by her full name (Elizabeth) and sometimes by the nickname Eliza. I don't mean to confuse anyone, but I just wanted to change her name because this story is so different from the actual Roswell.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: This story takes place during Elizabeth's senior year of high school. Also, this is my first fanfic. I have wanted to submit something for the longest time, I just never had the nerve. Oh, and feedback is not necessary but nice.
"What would you like to order today?" Elizabeth Parker politely asked the young couple holding hands and staring deeply into each other's eyes. The guy was dark and muscular, while the girl was fair and petite; Elizabeth thought she recognized the guy from her AP Physics class and the girl from Trigonometry. "Ahm?" Elizabeth questioned, clearing her throat. "Ordering?" she continued, but the couple sat still, completely unaware that she was talking to them. "Or not… Forget it, I'll come back later." Elizabeth finished, whisking her tray and notepad off of the table and barreling into the backroom.

"Elizabeth, I thought I told you to handle table five," her dad said sternly when she entered the kitchen.

"I did."

"Then why do they not have drinks?"

"They seemed a little preoccupied, " Elizabeth laughed, pointing to the couple.

Her father smiled in return. "It's hard to believe that after all these years the Crashdown is still the place where young people congregate the most."

"Probably because it is the only place to hangout since the movie theater is closed for renovations," she teased.

"Ha, ha. Tease all you want, but I am serious. Business has been pretty good lately," her father chuckled.

"Yea, yea. All hail the best restaurant owner in Roswell, New Mexico. Quit bragging! Plus, it makes me feel old that I know exactly what you're talking about. All of my memories, both good and bad, are stowed away in this restaurant. My entire life basically." Elizabeth stated seriously.

"Yea, you're old," her dad joked.

"Dad!"

Suddenly her dad became serious. "You will be starting your senior year soon, Elizabeth."

"I know," she whispered softly.

"After high school you'll go off to some Ivy League College, Harvard or Yale probably, and you'll make your mark in the world as a renowned molecular biologist. And, in the meantime, your mother and I will be here, dutifully running the Crashdown, praying for your safety, and eagerly waiting for your next visit." he said solemnly, his eyes misting around the edges.

"That is not for an eternity," Elizabeth assured him, tears clogging in her throat.

"It's closer than you think."

Feeling too far away from her father, Elizabeth covered the distance between them and wrapped her small, thin arms around his waist in a gigantic hug; it was only then that her tears finally welled and overflowed, instantly soaking his shirtfront.

"Even when I do go away and leave you and Mom, I will never forget you. I will always be in your heart just as you and Mom will always be in mine," she stated reassuringly, "plus, I am going to write everyday, I promise. I love you, Dad."

"Oh, you will never know how much I love you, Eliza. And although I love the idea of hearing from you everyday, I can't ask that of you. One of these days, you will have someone else in your life that will love you as much as I do and who will be worthy of your love in return. And, I don't want you to waste all of your time writing to me," her father replied lovingly.

"Writing to you and Mom would never be considered a waste of time. It would probably be the best way to spend my time," Elizabeth insisted.

"You may say that now, but…" he began

"No, I will always feel that way. My family is the most important thing in the world to me," Elizabeth interrupted.

"That may be so. I am just saying that your happiness means the world to me, and I don't want to get in the way of someone who will make you happier than I can."

"I don't have anyone who loves me like that except you and Mom," Elizabeth stated quietly.

"You may not have anyone right at this moment, but someday you will. Someday some great guy with notice that you are a precious gem and will fall madly in love with you. All in good time," her father answered, hugging her tightly against him.

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.