FanFic - Max/Liz
"Becoming Undestined "
Part 1
by Kori
Disclaimer: They arent mine
Summary: Distribution: I don't care where you put it, just tell me the addy so I can find it!!!! Challenge issued by Kara dusty_444@yahoo.com) -M/L - Pg 13 - they start not together - Kyle and Liz bond over pain from Tess and Max - Kyle and Liz get back together - Maria, Alex, and Isabel throw a huge rave that everyone goes to - Tess gets beer poured on her head, and her curls go schitzo - Max wins Liz back without Kyle turning out to be a jerk or a wimp about it
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
It's August 17th and I'm Liz parker. You know it's like that saying," If you love something let it free, if it doesn't come back, it was never meant to be." I mean I had to let him go. I really had no choice. I love him, and since I love him I couldn't keep him away from something that was destined for him. It took all I had to walk away from Max Evans that day. Now 3 months later, I'm starting to feel better bout my decision even if I don't like it.

~~~2 weeks later~~~

As I walked down the halls of West Roswell High, the same halls I've walked every school year for the last two years, I feel saddened. I usually have Max next to me, holding my hand or his arm wrapped around my waist. I quickly push all thoughts of Max and where his hands are aside and hurried to my locker. I was astonished when I found Kyle leaning against it. "Kyle! Hey!" "Hey Liz," he said with a big smile plastered on his face," How are you? I haven't seen you since the other night at the Crashdown." Liz smiled as she remembered how Kyle had stopped by the Crashdown shortly before closing. After she announced closing time and locked the door, she was surprised to see Kyle still sitting there. *** "Kyle. What are you still doing here?" "I thought I'd help you close if that's all right with you." "Sure. You can start by stocking and filling up the salt and pepper shakers," Liz said laughing. They spent until midnight cleaning and talking bout the Czechs and how things used to be so simple. Liz could honestly feel sorry for Kyle. She hadn't realized how much Kyle had actually liked Tess.*** "Ya, we haven't had we. We'll have to do it again some time." Before he could answer, they were interrupted by a high squeally voice. "Oh Max, you're so funny, Tess said as her and Max approached his locker. "Oh hi Liz, Kyle." She tightened her grip on Max's arm as she saw Liz and Max look at each other. "Hey Tess... Max," Liz said trying to keep her eyes away from Max's. * OH great. All the lockers in this school, and his had to be next to mine.* "Liz, Kyle," Max said with a nod. "You ready Liz, we have to get planning about when we should have our next rendezvous," Kyle said jokingly. He hadn't seen the way Max's jaw hardened or the quick flash of pain that flashed through his eyes, but Liz had. *Oh well Max. You are with who you are supposed to be with. And it's not me.* "Alrighty. Bye Tess. Bye Max." "Bye hun,"Tess said with too much of a sugary voice. * Oh lordy, Liz thought, This is gonna be a long year.*

Part 2 Rinnnggg!!! Liz was jarred awake by the phone after falling asleep studying. "Hello." "Hey Liz, it's Kyle. Ummm. I was wondering if you'd like to go catch a bite to eat and maybe a movie?" "LIke a date?" "Um, ya like a date." "Sure Kyle. Let's see. what time is it?" "5:30." "OK, I'll be ready by 6." "See ya then."

1 1/2 hours later at the restaurant "I'm having a good time Kyle." "Me too Liz. So you bout ready to see a movie?" "Sure! What did you have in mind?" "How about Fianl Destination, Here On Earth, or Whatever It Takes." "Ummm. I really would like to see Here On Earth, but I'm not making you sit through a "chick flick"." "That's alright, I don't mind. Anything for you." Liz smiled," OK let's go."

Halfway through the movie

Kyle has his arm around Liz. "Liz." "Huh?" "Can I kiss you?" Liz was a little taken by his question but the more she thoguht about it the more she found herself not minding. "Sure." Kyle smiled and leaned forward. The kiss started off slow and tender and turned into a heated passionate one. "Oh my gosh," Liz said when the kiss was over," Where did that come from?" "I dunno, but I want some more. Let's go!" Liz laughed and they ran out of the theatre laughing at the people hushing them. ONce in Kyle's car they started making out heavidly! "Um Liz." *kiss* "Ya." *kiss* "Do you like me?" *kiss* *kiss* " Ugh huh!" *kiss* "Will you go back out with me?" *kiss* "Date wise or steady?" *kiss* "Steady." He pulled away." I really missed you and I like you a lot. Actually I think I'm in love with you. And I really want to be with you, if you'd like to." "Kyle. I like you, too. And I missed you! But I'm not gonna lie to you and say I love you. BUt yes. I do wanna be with you." Kyle smiled and kissed her. Liz laughed," OK Romeo! Time to take me home. It's almost 9 and i haven't even finished studying for my test yet." "Oh come on. Do you have to go yet? I want you to stay here so I can makeup for lost time!" "Ha ha. Funny!" "I'm serious!" "Well you have 5 minutes."

10 minutes later they pulled up at the Crashdown. "Bye Kyle. Thanks for the great night." "Bye Liz. You're definitely welcome." Liz laughed and kissed him one more time ," See ya tomorrow." "You betcha." Liz smiled and hurried inside. She sighed. * This is the first time I've been happy since I walked away from Max* liz thougth happily.

Part 3 Liz smiled as she walked down the hall of her school, her arm linked with Kyle's. They had only been together for 3 weeks, but they were a big couple already at Roswell. Well, again. Maria smiled as she watched her best friend walk down the hallway with Kyle. She was glad Liz was happy again, but she knew Liz missed Max. She could see it in Liz's eyes whenever they talked bout the alien trio or Maria and Michael. She felt bad for her friend. Liz wasn't the same without Max, but she was better now that she had Kyle. Maria's smile widened as Isabel and Alex walked up to them holding hands. She was defiantly happy for those two. She laughed at loud as she realized she hadn't seen Alex quit smiling since him and Isabel decided to be together. "What's so funny Deluca?" "Nothing Alex. Just thinking to myself. And watching Liz and Kyle. How's Max Isabel?" " Well with lil prissy bitch... but I think she's starting to get on his nerves. He doesn't return her calls any more. And all he does is saulk. You know. It is his fault. But I have a plan. But it's going to hurt Kyle, but I think he'll understand." "Well, well, well, let's here." " OK. Alex and I started talking and we came up with this." "Continue." " K. How about we have this big rave out in the desert. And invite everyone. And somehow we have to get Liz and Max alone together. I know once they are alone together they will deny everything else and listen to their hearts. Cuz personally Kyle and Liz make me sick when they are together and I'm tired of seeing my brother salk. Well, all that and if Tess comes over one more time, I'm gonna hurt her. Or if saulk have to hear that squeally voice again. I'm gonna make sure she has no more sugar to put in it. "Isabel, hi. Alex, Maria." " Speaking of the devil," Alex said under his breath, "Hi Tess, Max." " Hey guys. What you talking bout." "Nothing much Max. How would you like to go to a rave this Friday night in the desert." " And who's putting this thing on?" " Yours truly, Iz, and Maria." " And who's all going to be there?," Max said secretly hoping Liz would be. " Everybody," Maria said a little to giddy. Boy, way to go Maria. He's sure to know something's going on. "Sure we'll be there, wont we Maxie-poo?" " Ya. What time?" "9-ish." "Alrighty. Talk to you guys later. Come on Tess."

"Maxie-poo? I don't want to know. OK. Back to plans," Maria said putting on her incharge voice. We've got to spread the word, make flyers, and come up with a plan for Max and Liz. Who's doing what?" " I'll make the plan. Alex you can do the flyers. And Maria you spread the word." "Alrighty. Operation get Max and Liz together is officially starting."

~~~ Next part.... The Rave...~~~

Part 4 "Hey Liz, Did you hear about the rave Maria, Isabel and Alex are throwing in the desert?" "Ya, are we going?" " If you want." "Ya I want to go." "OK. Then I'll pick you up at quarter til 9 then," Kyle said as he kissed her quickly. " OK. Bye Kyle," Liz said and went into the Crashdown to work. At 8, she closed up and went upstairs to shower and change. Liz glanced in the mirror one more time when she heard Kyle honk and ran down the stairs. " Hey, you look nice Liz." "Thanx Kyle. So do you." " You ready?" " Sure, Let's go," Liz smiled and jumped in his car.

1 hour later " So Isabel what's the plan?," Maria said anxiously. " You'll see. I don't want any one spoiling it." " Are you saying I can't keep a secret?" " That's not what I was saying. I just don't want anyone to over hear me." " No that's not why. You don't think I can keep a secret do you Isabel." " Calm down Maria. Sniff some cedar oil. Yes, I believe you can keep a secret. Hell you are part of the plan." " I am. I'm sorry Iz. I'm just really antsy. Michael told me he had to talk to me today and I don't know if it's good or not." Isabel smiled. She knew it was good. Michael had talked to her about what it was. " OK here's the plan," Isabel said and leaned over and whispered into Maria's ear.

Part 5

" This is what you are going to do. You are going to find Liz and tell her I have something really important to tell her and to meant me outside behind all the cars. While she's doing that, Alex, you are going to find Max and tell him I have something really important to tell him and to meant me behind the cars as well." " And you really think they'll fall for this?" "Ya Alex I do. Well, I know at least Max will go if he can get away from ' I'm stuck up and my voice is really annoying ' Tess. I'm pretty sure Liz will go. She'll probably think something's wrong with Max and inwardly freak!!!" " Ya knowing Liz." " So that's what we are doing. Wait about 30 minutes each of you. OK." "OK," Maria whispered. She seen Michael coming her way and bout lost her voice. Boy does he look good, she thought. " Hey Iz, Alex. Maria, can we talk?" " Um, sure." " Remember 30 minutes Maria," Maria heard Isabel's voice as her and Michael walked away from the crowd of people talking, dancing, and drinking.

" OK Michael. Go ahead and break up with me, just make it quick ok?" " Break up with you? I didn't want to talk to you so I could break up with you. Quite the opposite actually." " You mean it? You're not breaking up with me?" " No. I brought you over here to tell you that I know you keep doubting and waiting for me to break up with you. But I'm not going to. Maria. I... I.... Iloveyou." " You what?" Maria said with tears running down her face. Michael wiped her tears away and grabbed her face," Maria, I love you. Nothing could ever change that. Not Nasedo, not my sister, no one." Then he kissed her. Maria gasped as his lips hit hers. She pulled away and smiled. " Oh shit," she suddenly said, " I have to find Liz." " Don't panick. She's right there." Maria turned around and saw her best friend walking with Kyle," I'll be right back." " Hey Liz. I have to talk to real quick. First off.. Michael just told me he loved me." "AHHH," both of the girls squealed together. " OK. I'm fine now. Second off. Iz wanted me to tell you that, hold on got to remember. Oh yeah. She told me to tell you that she needs to talk to you bout something important behind the cars. I tried to get her to tell me what but she wouldn't." " OK. Well, I'll go see what she wants. Kyle. I'll be back in a little OK?" " Sure. Just don't take to long. I don't want to have to miss you to much," Kyle said with a giant smile. " I wont. Be back in a little," Liz said and ran off to meet ' Isabel'.

Part 6 At the same time Maria was talking to Liz, Alex was talking to Max. Well, was trying to. He was busy trying to keep a drunken Tess off of him. Finally Max just pushed her onto the desert floor. " Sorry Alex. What was it you were going to say?" " Isabel told me to tell you that she had something really important to tell you. And to meet her out behind the cars." " That's it. She didn't give you a reason?" " Nope. That's all she said. and I didn' t ask." " OK, I'll go see what she wants. She didn't seem upset or anything?" " No, she seemed fine, she just said she needed to tell you something and if I saw you to tell you to meet her by the cars." " All right then. I'll go see what she wants. Will you make sure that Tess here, stays put?" " Ya, sure. Just go see what Iz wants k?" " Alrighty. I'm going. Tess stay here with Alex. I'll be right back. I have to go see my sister real quick." " But Maxie- waxie. I want to go with you. Pretty pretty please." " Tess! I'll be right back. Just stay here with Alex," Max said and walked off to see what ' Isabel' wanted. " Boy Iz wasn't joking when she said Max was getting tired of you, was she." " Max isn't getting tired of me. Max loves me. Soo hmmm." " Ya, whatever. Keep lying to yourself," Alex said and walked off. " Hmm, you'll see. I know Max loves me," Tess said and walked off to find Max. Tess walked through a bunch of drunken guys dancing a drinking. " Hey baby, want to dance." " Ya, come here hunny, dance with me." " Get a life moron." " Don't worry, cute one, we have one," one guy said and spilled beer all over her head. " Ahhh! My hair!" Everyone started laughing and pointing at Tess' hair. Her curls and went schitzo. They stood up pointing in every direction possible. " Leave me alone," Tess yelled and ran off.

Liz waiting for ' Isabel ' behind the jeep. She straightened up when she heard footsteps. She gasped when she saw Max come behind the jeep. " So I guess we were set up huh?," Max asked.

~~~~~~ Next part!!! The M/L reunion!~~~~~~

Part 7 " So I guess we were set up huh?" Max asked. " Ya, I guess soo." " Liz listen. I miss you. I really miss you. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry I didn't go after you. I'm so sorry I didn't stop you. I'm so sorry I listened to my mother. I had to find out though. That and I figured it was best for you if you just went." " How is leaving you the best thing for me? Huh Max? When I'm not with you, I hurt so bad, that I'd rather die. Cause it would hurt a lot less." " Liz. Don't talk like that. Please." " Max. No. I want you to hear what it's like for me. To see you and want to run up to you and kiss you or just hug you, and think, geee I can't do that. Max Evans doesn't love me any more. He has to follow his destiny. You know at first, I was mad I let you go, but now I'm glad. Cause I have a guy who cares for me now. You know Kyle treats me with lots of respect and he loves me and doesn't hide it." " I guess I deserved that," Max said as a tear slipped down his face. " Max!!! I miss you so much. It hurts to breath, it hurts to eat, it hurts to sleep," Liz said sobbing and dropped to the floor of the desert. " Come here," Max said and sat down and picked her into his lap," You're right you know. You deserve Kyle. He treats you right. And he may love you. But there's no way he could ever love you as much as I love you." " Do you really love me Max?" " With all my heart, body, and soul." Liz starts crying harder " Did I say something wrong?" Max asked confused. " No," Liz said after she stopped bawling a little bit," You just said something I've been wanting to hear for over 2 months. That's all. I didn't mean what I said earlier you know bout Kyle." Max smiled and kissed the top of her head. " What am I going to do bout Kyle though? I don't want to hurt him. He doesn't deserve me though. He deserves so much better." " It's all right Liz," Kyle said surprising the two. He had went looking for Liz and had came up upon the two and listened to them exchange words. " Kyle! How long you been there?" " Long enough." " Kyle, listen. I.." Kyle cut her off before she could finish. " No Liz. You listen to me OK. I want you to go to Max. You guys belong together. He makes you happy. He makes you happier then I could ever make you. And don't deny it. I've seen you two together." " But Kyle. What about you?" " Liz. You know that saying you were telling me. Something like If you love it, let it go, if he comes back it was meant to be." " You mean if you love it set it free, if it doesn't come back, it never was meant to be?" " Ya that one. Well, I let you go once. And you may have came back, but really only in body. Cause your soul and heart belongs to Max. Anyone can see that. That's why I can let you go. I love you enough to let you go." " Thanx Kyle. I'll never ever forget you. And I do love you. It's just not the same way I love Max," Liz said as she hugged Kyle. " Goodbye Liz." " Bye Kyle." " Max. Just one thing. You hurt her again, I'm gonna hurt you, hear me?" " You don't have to worry bout it Kyle. I don't plan on ever hurting this girl again." Liz just smiled. " All right. I mean what I said. Bye Liz. Bye Max." " Bye." " Max. I love you so much." " Shhh, baby, I love you too. Don't worry I'm not leaving." " Ya it's a good thing too, cuz you'd have 4 teens on your ass, cuz if I have to see you mope one more time, but then again, I'd mope if I had to put up with Tess too, but any wayz, if i have to see you mope one more time I'm gonna hurt you," Max laughed as he heard his sister behind him. " So is it the 6 of us again?" Maria asked? " Always and forever," They all said at one time. Almost like signing a pact. Cuz they knew it would always be the 6 of them. The End

HEHE! One of my fave fics is in the last line. Just thought I'd say that!!!!! Thanx everyone for reading my fic!!!!

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.