FanFic - Max/Liz
"Best and Worst"
Part 1
by ShellSue
Disclaimer: I don't own any of it.
Summary: Future Fic. Liz left Roswell & Max 12 years ago...
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is my first fanfic and I am thinking of seeking therapy for my growing Roswell obsession. I can't get enough!I've read all of the fanfic & I especially love the stories by: Ash, Lynda, Mslayer, Emma Whitfield and Linda. Thanks for the inspiration! Feed back is much appreciated.
I thought I saw him again today, it's getting ridiculous. Getting, who am I kidding, it's been completely absurd for years. I left Roswell 12 years ago without so much as a glance back, yet every where I've been and every where I go, I see him. Not only do I see him, I feel him. I can't explain it really, but it's unmistakably him. It's a presence, a peace, then fear, and then it's gone. That's when I see him, his reflection in the window of the building on 10th street today, the man with the leather jacket in Times Square last year. The list is endless and it spans 12 years. It was different today though. The fear didn't come. I'm not sure what it means. Maybe it means he is finally safe, maybe it means I've finally gone completely insane.

It's my 30th birthday, and for the first time in 5 years I cried.I didn't think I was capable anymore, but they came as if someone broke a dam, rivers and rivers and rivers until I thought I would drown in my own tears. Then they stopped as abruptly as they came. I didn't think it was possible, but I feel even more empty than ever. I think briefly of the day I became this shell of the person that I use to be. I still look like me, I still sound like me, but I left my soul in Roswell New Mexico that day, and where it is now, I'll never know. I wonder if it is my birthday that brought this on, or the fact that today is the day, 12 years ago, that I left.

You probably want to know what happened right? With me, with everyone. You want to know and I want to forget. Oh don't worry I'll never forget. Believe me I've tried.

12 years ago we graduated from High Scholl, all eight of us. Yes, Michael managed to graduate too. Actually I'm surprised any of us did, with every thing that happened those last two years, but I'll get into that later.

Alex went to M.I.T after graduation, where else? He's some hotshot computer genius now making oodles of money. He got married a few years ago, her name is Monica and wouldn't you know, she looks a lot like Isabel. They just had a little boy, Alex Jr. I don't talk to him much anymore, he calls every now and then to say he misses me and loves me. It's sweet really; I think I may be really happy for him.

Kyle is still in Roswell;He took over as Sheriff a couple of years ago when his Dad died. None of us would have made it to today if not for Kyle and Sheriff Valenti. I miss them both. I hear from him every now and again as well. He's married too. Vanessa, they have two little girls.

I guess that leaves Maria. Maria went to Hollywood shortly after I left. She was mad at me for a while, for leaving without saying goodbye, but she eventually let it go. She could never stay mad at me. She is a singer now in the midst of recording her 8th CD. She is quite famous and still my best friend. We don't see each other often enough, according to her, but we still talk at least once a week. She is on her 3rd husband, I think this one's name is John. It won't last. We don't ever talk about it, but I know it is because she compares everyone to Michael. She has a house everywhere, or so it seems, so I stay with her a lot when I travel. I am doing Molecular Biology Research for Companies and Universities all over the country. I travel so much I don't really have a place I call home.

I know, I know, you want to know what happened to the other half of our group. I wish I could tell you. Except for my hallucinations of Max, I haven't seen or heard from any of them since the day I left.

Have you ever had your best and worst day all in the same day? I have. 12 years ago today.

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.