FanFic - Max/Liz
"By Your Side"
Part 10
by RoswellBeliever
Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing having to do with anything Roswell or the WB. I wish I owned Jason Behr though...that would be nice... :oP Also, I did not write, nor do I own the song "By Your Side" by Sade. I'm just borrowing it! :o)
Summary: This is a story for anyone who is a true Roswell believer and die hard supporter of Max and Liz!!! I don't want to give anything away so that's all I'm going to say!!! However, my story takes place after the episode "Max in the City".
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Authors Note: If anyone has any comments about this story, PLEASE E-MAIL ME!!! Even if you hate my story and just want to tell me everything that is wrong with it, please do so! I would love to hear any feedback at all!!! I need to know if this story totally sux or if it is good!!! Thanks so much guys!!!
Saturday night Liz barely slept. Despite the fatigue she felt after working double shifts at the Crashdown, her brain was wide awake. Not only were the events that would occur tomorrow worrying Liz, but the emotions that she had felt for Max just hours earlier were pounding so violently in her heart that Liz could hardly think of anything else. Holding him in her arms tonight had been pure bliss. It had been a release for Liz. Just to feel him again. Liz honestly didn't know how much longer she could keep this secret from Max. Even if they couldn't be together, he had to know. He had to know that Liz would never in a thousand years even consider betraying him; that he was the only person Liz would ever love.

Liz hadn't even slept a full five hours when her alarm clock buzzed loudly beside her at ten o'clock. Liz showered and dressed almost in a complete daze. When she walked into the Crashdown a few minutes before eleven, Liz was surprised to see Max and her Father talking and smiling. She approached them slowly and they both turned to look at her.

Just looking at Max reminded Liz of their hug last night. It had only been a hug, but in a very small way, it had almost felt like redemption for Liz.

"Hi," Liz greeted them, a small smile creeping onto her lips. Max grinned at her in his shy way and her Father smiled brightly and said good morning.

"Um, Dad, we're going-" Liz began, but her Father interupted.

"Max told me where you're going, sweetie," her Father said, still grinning from ear to ear.

"Oh...." Liz mumbled, wanting to leave the diner right then.

"Well, I better let you guys go! You kids have fun!" with that Mr. Parker waved goodbye and Max and Liz began walking to the doors. Liz was still blushing from her Father saying "you kids". He said it like they were going on their first date. But Liz knew that as soon as they were out the door that Max would turn serious. And he did.

Neither one of them spoke for several minutes as Max made his way out of Roswell. He kept his eyes striaght ahead on the road and his hands tightlu gripped on the steering wheel. Liz suddenly remembered Maria and turned around to see the Jetta follwoing about fifteen yards behind. Liz turned around slowly and caught Max looking at her. As soon as she saw him he jerked his head forward and continued looking at the road. They continued on, still not speaking.

They had been driving for what seemed hours when Liz finally broke the silence.

"Max," she said softly. He didn't turn around, or even say anything, but Liz knew he was listening. "Are you scared?"

"Yes," Max replied calmly. Liz sat in awe of him. She hadn't seen it before but now it seemed so apparent. He was their leader. Liz knew he was scared; that's how Max was. But here he was, holding it together, and staying so strong.

Liz turned her eyes to the endless desert that surrounded. She couldn't help but think that maybe these were qualities that he had aquired because of what Liz had done. The thoughts made Liz want to cry, but in a small way, there was relief in them. Maybe she hadn't suffered in vain...

Part 9 | Index | Part 11
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.