FanFic - Max/Liz
"By Your Side"
Part 16
by RoswellBeliever
Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing having to do with anything Roswell or the WB. I wish I owned Jason Behr though...that would be nice... :oP Also, I did not write, nor do I own the song "By Your Side" by Sade. I'm just borrowing it! :o)
Summary: This is a story for anyone who is a true Roswell believer and die hard supporter of Max and Liz!!! I don't want to give anything away so that's all I'm going to say!!! However, my story takes place after the episode "Max in the City".
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Authors Note: If anyone has any comments about this story, PLEASE E-MAIL ME!!! Even if you hate my story and just want to tell me everything that is wrong with it, please do so! I would love to hear any feedback at all!!! I need to know if this story totally sux or if it is good!!! Thanks so much guys!!!
Max felt every muscle in his body tense. His mind kept repeating what Kyle had said. 'This is about Liz, isn't it?' Surely he didn't have the nerve...

Max turned around slowly and looked at him. Kyle was standing there, with his arms crossed and an arrogant look on his face, knowing that what he had just said had utterly shocked Max.

"What did you say?" Max unsuccessfully tried to disguise the anger is his voice.

"This is about Liz! Of course! Why didn't I see it before?" Kyle threw his hands up as if he had just made the discovery of a lifetime.

"Don't you even bring her into this!" Max lunged for Kyle but Michael caught his arm before he could even touch Kyle.

"Just admit it, Max! This is purely about Liz!" Kyle continued his taunting. Max could feel the anger ready to explode out of his body. "This has nothing to do with me! It's her!" Kyle shook his head.

"Stop it!" Max yelled as he attempted to free his arm from Michael's grasp.

"Get over it! It was months ago! She obviously doesn't want you! Let it go!" Max finally jerked his arm away from Michael and lunged at Kyle.

Grabbing his shirt collar again, Max threw Kyle against the nearest wall.

"Ow!" Kyle yelled as his head thudded against the stone wall. Max was alive with anger. Max threw him against the wall again.

"God! Stop!!!" Max was throwing him against the wall so hard Kyle was expecting to be knocked unconscious any minute.

Max stopped but continued holding Kyle against the wall.

"Don't you ever, ever, speak to me about Liz again. You don't know anything about what goes on with me and Liz," Max was just beginning to calm himself down and loosen his grip on Kyle, when Kyle couldn't help himself and spoke again.

"Max, nothing personal, but I think me and Liz have more going on than you and Liz," as soon as the words escaped Kyle's mouth, he was sorry for them.

Max exploded. He had planned on holding it together, he couldn't just beat everyone up who spoke to him about Liz. But Kyle had gone too far, and all the anger he had been feeling over Kyle and the whole situation exploded right then.

Max began punching Kyle furiously against the wall with all the force his arms had until Kyle threw his arms up and Michael pulled Max away. Max struggled to free his arms from Michael's grasp but his attempts were futile.

"Max! Stop!" Michael yelled, trying to calm him.

"Damn! I think you broke my nose!" Kyle's nose was bleeding profusely as he bent his head back to stop the blood flow. "Jesus Christ, nothing even happened..." Kyle mumbled as he continued to try and nurse his wound.

Max stopped moving. Had Kyle just said what he thought he said? Or was he just hearing wrong? No...it couldn't be.

"What did you say?" Max questioned a now pissed Kyle.

"I said nothing happened!" Kyle yelled back at Max. "Damn! Liz should have told me there would be a death threat put on my life for even going near her. Jesus..."

"What are you talking about???" Max took a step to Kyle but Michael grabbed his arm again.

Kyle huffed and looked at Max. "Nothing happened. Liz told me she needed a favor. She wanted to make it look like we slept together, but she wouldn't tell me why. She said there was a good reason."

"And I am so sick of keeping her stupid little secret! For God's sake, leave me out of your twisted little relationship!" Kyle continued complaining but Max was no longer listening.

His mind was reeling. This was impossible. It had to be. How could nothing have happened? He saw them... Max thought back to that God awful night and what exactly he had seen. He had seen Liz and Kyle lying there, talking and laughing. But nothing was happening. Oh God, what if Kyle was telling the truth? What if nothing had happened? Why would Liz do something like that? Why did it matter! Liz hadn't slept with Kyle! Nothing had happened.

Max couldn't even think straight. Somewhere in the back of his mind he could hear Kyle still complaining about keeping the secret and the wounds he had suffered because of it, but nothing mattered or even made sense now. He had almost forgotten why they were at the complex at all until Michael finally shook him.

"Max! Snap out of it!" Max shook his thoughts for a moment and looked at Michael who had a confused look on his face.

"Look, I don't what you guys are talking about, but we have bigger things to do now. We still have to get Liz and others out of here and find Agent Smith," Michael tried to get Max to re-focus.

"Right..." Max mumbled, remembering their purpose for being there.

"Okay," Michael looked over to Kyle, "You okay?"

"Oh yeah, I need surgery and a restraining order but other than that I'm great!" Kyle said sarcastically as Tess ventured over to help him.

Michael was about to speak when Max took the opportunity.

"Let's go get Liz," he turned and began walking down the hallway.

Part 15 | Index | Part 17
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.