Fanfic - Max/Liz
"Can You Feel The Love Tonight"
Part 6
by Anna
Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with Roswell, it belongs to Melinda Metz, Jason Katims, UPN..
Summary: This is an AU fan fic, Liz is raised as Max's sister by the Evans' since her parents death when she was eight, but slowly, Liz and Max relationship will be turned upside down. Max, Isabel, Michael and Tess are aliens.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: As you can see, I am not an English speaker. This is my first fan fiction, moreover in English! I would like to thanks Beth, Liz, Kazza and Kim who helped me with my English and gave me direction to improve it. I really wouldn't have been able to continue without their help! Also, I would like to say thank you to all the writers who gave me the want to write as ShellSueD, Jasper711, Linda, Anne, Fanatic101. I would really appreciate all feed back.
The ride was pretty quite. Both had the feeling that something terrible was about to happen and they wanted to enjoy each other and get strength from each other's company.

When they arrived at Michael's the sight of all the cars told them that everybody was already waiting for them.

Liz' heart rate was worryingly increasing as the feeling she was about to lose Max was getting stronger.

***

Isabel was getting really worried, Max and Liz hadn't arrived yet. From the tone of Liz' voice they had something important to talk about.

She looked around her in the room filled with everyone she knew and cared about. Light chatter and Tess's complaining was all she could hear. Her eyes fell on her new boyfriend. The word itself filled her with happiness. They hadn't told anyone yet. It happened out of nowhere and she didn't feel like she was ready to share their secret.

They heard the bell and the room went quiet. Tess jumped up in an exaggerated fashion and ran to the door.

***

Liz couldn't bring herself to look at Max while he opened the door of the jeep, nor when he led her to Michael's.

Max felt his heart being ripped away, although he didn't know that his heart hadn't been ripped away yet, it would come later.

Even if she told him it didn't matter, it did. He was another species, he wasn't a man. He had always dreaded the moment she would understand that. Anyway, he couldn't regret her seeing the sample of his cells. She had the right to know. To know that he was nothing more than a monster.

She should never have told him she loved him, it was a huge mistake. How could she be disappointed that he didn't say it back? Of course he didn't love her. He was in love with Tess, his destined mate, his wife. She. she was at most his sister.no, she wasn't even his sister. She was his parents' best friends' human pain in the ass orphan daughter whom he had to take care of. She was just an annoyance to him.

She felt like crying until all the water in her body would be out, but she couldn't do that to him, he didn't deserve a crying annoyance. That's why she couldn't bring herself to look up; she knew she wouldn't be able to hold her sobbing in if she took one look at his rejecting eyes.

They were at the door; he wanted to take her in his arm so badly, to tell her he loved her, that everything would be ok. Only, he knew that even if she didn't show it, she would be disgusted by him touching her, now that she understood who he really was.

***

Liz sat on the floor as everybody was settling down by couple. Max had opened the door making sure he wouldn't touch her a bit -it hurt so badly. She should have known he would hate her now, how could she have been so stupid- and the instant the door was open Tess was in Max's arms kissing him as if they haven't seen each other for days. Now she was on his lap.

Maria was also on Michael lap while Isabel sat very close to Alex. Liz suspected that something was up with those two, she really hoped so. She was a little hurt that Isabel wouldn't tell her anything, but she understood. She was the human pain in the ass.

All eyes were on Max, he looked so uncomfortable. She couldn't help but speak up " Don't look at Max, today I'll do the talking, if my fearless leader doesn't mind."

Everybody gave a little laugh at that while Liz was mentally kicking her self for the my as Max's heart was continuing to tighten.

She explained their discovery. The three aliens seemed pretty happy to know more about themselves. Well, Michael and Isabel were the only ones. Their significant others showed it was ok with them.

Tess was delighted with the news. She had a good reason to make a show in front of Liz. She thought Max and her were way too close, and she had every intention of changing that. She began to kiss Max breathlessly, and then she told him how great it was that they were different from other people, that it was normal because they were royalty. So superior to the human being.

Max was so absorbed in his self-pity that he didn't really notice Tess's attempt of seduction, or Liz's exit of the room. Only once she was gone did he realize. He understood how hard it might be for her to be so close to him.

***

Once safely in Michael's bathroom, Liz let the tears fall freely, before slapping herself for being so stupid. She would have time for that once she was in her own room. She washed the tears and joined the others in the living room.

***

Max, Isabel, Tess and Liz were getting in the jeep to head home when suddenly all their nightmares became reality. They saw several cars surrounding them and heard:

"FBI! »

"Everybody out, hands up, slowly.. "

Part 5 | Index | Part 7
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.