Fanfic - Max/Liz
"Can You Feel The Love Tonight"
Part 7
by Anna
Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with Roswell, it belongs to Melinda Metz, Jason Katims, UPN..
Summary: This is an AU fan fic, Liz is raised as Max's sister by the Evans' since her parents death when she was eight, but slowly, Liz and Max relationship will be turned upside down. Max, Isabel, Michael and Tess are aliens.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: As you can see, I am not an English speaker. This is my first fan fiction, moreover in English! I would like to thanks Beth, Liz, Kazza and Kim who helped me with my English and gave me direction to improve it. I really wouldn't have been able to continue without their help! Also, I would like to say thank you to all the writers who gave me the want to write as ShellSueD, Jasper711, Linda, Anne, Fanatic101. I would really appreciate all feed back.
This couldn't be happening. It just wasn't possible. He didn't care about being caught, but Isabel . and Liz. Sweet Liz who was just about to go away from him, to be safe from him. And there they were. Trying to calm down a bit, he thought about what he could do, maybe if he went to the FBI agent without fighting and make them believe he was the only alien and that the others didn't know anything about him, it would be ok, they would be safe. Taking a deep breath he opened his mouth to speak.

This couldn't be happening. It just wasn't possible. It was her worst nightmare coming true. People taking Max from her. Ok he didn't love her, he may even hate her, but it wasn't important to Liz, she didn't him in her life, or at least to know that he was happy with his life, if her in his life wasn't making him happy. She had to make them understand that he would never do anything to harm anyone, that it was quite the opposite, she . wait a minute, how the hell did the FBI know about Max, Isabel and Tess? And if they knew why didn't they manage to take the four aliens together? Something was wrong. And if it was.why the hell Max was about to say something with an air of determination on his face?

In a quiet but authoritative tone she stated, "Max."

"Max." He didn't need his brain to know whom this voice belonged to. He looked at her and saw her glaring at him. How could he blame her, he was the one who put her in this mess. He was about to tell everything he thought he had to say so Liz would be safe when he heard from the inside of the car:

"I don't see anything."

"What do you mean you don't see anything?"

"There is nothing, no drugs, no guns, nothing. It can't be them."

The four teenagers watched in disbelief as the agents put down their guns and the one who they suspected was the chief, walked towards them, smiling.

"I can't express how sorry I am for this mistake, we must have scared the hell of you. I am really really sorry. We have been informed that Billy Bonjo, a well known man by our services was in NM and the car description we've been given is a lot like your car."

The four teenagers relaxed a bit.

"You should head back home soon, I heard it's going to rain cats and dogs tonight."

With that, all the agents returned to their cars.

"Sorry again."

With that, they pulled away.

Silence followed their departure, interrupted by Isabel's sobs. She had been so scared. Max rushed to his sister and let her cry in his arms. Soon Tess reached them in their hug.

Liz wrapped her arms around herself and cried silently so the others wouldn't notice until Isabel let go of Max and rushed toward her. Maybe at least one of the Evans children didn't hate her.

***

Max and Liz told their good-byes to Tess and Isabel. Max wasn't keen on letting Isabel sleep away from him that night but their parents knew about this sleep over and they didn't want to alarm their parents something had happen to change their plans.

When Liz saw that Max was reluctant to let Isabel go, she deduced that he didn't want to be alone with her in the jeep so she told him she would walk. Rejected, he couldn't help but agree, and her heart broke for the thousandth time of the evening with his acceptance of her leaving.

Max drove as slowly as he could so he could keep an eye on Liz without forcing her to be with him in the jeep. Only it was beginning to really rain, worried about her health he stopped and got out of the jeep.

Liz heard Max calling her name; he wanted her to get in the jeep. How could he be so sweet when she was such a pain in the ass?

"I am ok, I'll walk."

"Liz, it's out of question, you are coming in the jeep, if you want you drive and I walk."

"NO ! I mean what are you ."

He interrupted her; he didn't want to hear this.

"It's ok, just come."

With that they both headed to the jeep and drove back home without a word.

***

Four a few months life was pretty miserable for Max and Liz.

He hated himself for not being human.

She hated herself for being there.

Liz ceased having any contact with any member of the gang, as well as with food. Everybody was beyond worried for her but they didn't know what to do.

She was avoiding Max as much as he was avoiding her. She because she wanted to let him live his life without having to worrying about the brat she was, him because he didn't want her to have to live with a monster like him.

Liz knew little about school gossip, she didn't care. She had continued to be Maria's confident and was helping Isabel and Alex in their relationship. It made her feel better to help her friends with their love life, as she knew she would never have one.

Being so closed up, she didn't hear Pam Troy claiming to every one that now that Max Evans had dumped Tess Harding he would be her next target.

The weather continued to be strangely rainy in New Mexico as Liz's eighteenth birthday was getting closer and closer.

Part 6 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.