FanFic - Max/Liz
"Captured"
Part 9
by JBluver
Disclaimer: I regret to admit this, but I do not own the show Roswell, its characters, or anything else (sniff, sniff), though I get first dibs on Jason Behr when he goes on sale!
Summary: Liz started dating someone new during the summer after Destiny, but he has a secret that could harm the ones she loves . . .
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
“Damn, Max, when I think I’ve got you figured out, you rip indestructible chains out of walls,” Alex said, laughing.

It was three days after they defeated the evil alien, David. After Max knocked out David, and the others beat the soldiers, Nasedo stayed behind to clean up the mess, saying that they wouldn’t be a threat anymore. They got a message from Nasedo the next day saying that he found out from David where all the other evil aliens were, and that he would be exterminating them as well.

“David didn’t have a chance. Max here would gladly flatten any guy that even so much as looks at Liz. The whole evil alien thing was just an excuse,” Michael said matter-of-factly. The guys were sitting in the aliens’ favorite booth at the Crashdown, teasing Max mercilessly. They enjoyed to see Max squirm.

“Yeah, you really have jealousy problems, Max. I pity the next guy that flirts with Liz,” Kyle added.

“There won’t be a next guy,” Liz declared as she placed their drinks down. She grinned at Max and pecked his lips. She turned to Michael, Alex, and Kyle to take their orders, but Max pulled her down into his lap. She giggled. “Excuse me sir, there are paying customers I have to attend to,” she pointed to the rest of the guys at the table.

“I’m a paying customer, and I need your attendance,” Max declared.

“There are other waitresses you can get attendance from,” she teased. She tried to get up, but he held her in place.

“But you’re my favorite,” he complained. Then he started to tickle her, which is just as much a weakness to her as jealousy is to Max.

“Stop, stop, stop, okay, Okay, OKAY!” she squealed. He stopped, giving her his infamous “Ha ha I won” look. “I’ll get you for that,” she pointed her finger at him. “Now, may I take your order?”

“I’ll have an Alien Blast,” he spoke, a devilish look in his eye.

“Me too,” Liz murmured, while dropping her gaze to his lips. Max leaned in for a kiss, and at the very last moment, Liz hopped out of his lap.

“Hey,” he pouted.

She smiled. “Got you back.” The guys laughed while Max sulked. Liz overlooked Max’s frown and got the rest of the table’s order.

“What’s so funny?” Maria, Isabel, and Tess walked up to the table.

“Nothing. Just the usual Public Displays of Affection from Max and Liz,” Michael answered.

“Oh,” Tess replied. She was still at little jealous of Liz, but she was over Max and onto someone new. “Kyle, ready to go?”

“As ready as I can be,” he said as he hopped out of the booth. They were having their first official date tonight.

“Have fun, kids,” Alex playfully shouted after them.

“Shut up, Whitman!” Kyle retorted, smiling.

“They are cute, aren’t they?” Maria cooed.

Isabel chuckled. “I’m just glad that Tess got over Max, Kyle got over Liz, and Tess shut up about that other destiny.”

Everyone had to agree with that. Liz got Isabel and Maria’s orders as well, and went to put them up. Then she went to the backroom.

Max smiled mischievously and said to Michael and Alex, “I’m gonna go get that kiss Liz owes me.”

Alex and Michael rolled their eyes. “Go for it, loverboy. Please, go,” Alex responded, and Michael cracked up. Max headed for the backroom.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Max walked into the backroom. “Wow. I didn’t expect you to come this early. I had about, two more minutes. Coming for that kiss?” Liz teased, looking at her watch.

“You know me so well,” Max growled. He plopped down on the couch and brought Liz down with him. He leaned in and claimed the kiss she refused to give him before. When they came up for air, they looked deep into each others eyes.

“I always knew you were my destiny. I didn’t need David to clarify it,” Max mumbled, cringing a bit at his enemy’s name. This didn’t go unnoticed by Liz.

“Don’t worry. There never was, is, or will be any man for me except you,” she comforted. Liz knew she hurt him when she was with David. She intended to make up for it.

Max smiled. He realized what Liz was doing, and it did help him a lot. “I love you, Liz,” Max spoke quietly, as he gently kissed her forehead.

“I love you too, Max,” Liz replied, delighted and content.

No words were needed to express their feelings, because they could see it in each other’s eyes. The love, the happiness, the commitment. They knew they would be together, and nothing (or no one) could ever break them apart again.

THE END

Part 8 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.