FanFic - Max/Liz
"Dangerous Minds"
Part 2
by Camille
Disclaimer: I don't own any part of Roswell. But I'd like to rent Jason Behr or Brendan Fehr for a little while.
Summary: Before the shooting, dangers lurked and made themselves known.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is a "Before I Knew You" fic. And my first one. Be honest, but not brutal.
Max frowned at Liz's hasty departure. His frown deepened when he saw the reason that she ran away. Those jerks from school that were always bothering Liz were here. He saw the time that Tristan shoved Liz into that locker. He had never wanted to hit someone so much in his entire life. In Biology class he also saw the bruise that she got on her wrist. Max so desprately wanted to be her protector against all of the Tristans of this world, but by her knowing everything about him, he would probably put her in more danger. Plus he had to think about Isabel and Michael, and what kind of danger he would put them in. But what harm would come in them being friends. He would be able to be close enough to keep Tristan and his gang away from her, and he would get a chance to really get to know Liz Parker.

Max would torn out of his thoughts when Liz set down his plate in front of him. He noticed her mumbling something about Teflon and being strong.

"Talking to yourself?" he asked innocently. Her head shot up and she looked at the teasing glint in his eyes. "Actually, I was giving myself a little pep talk before I go talk to the mutant spawns," she stated matter-of-factly motioning to Tristan and his goons behind her.

"They're real jerks aren't they?" he stated more than asked.

"They bother you too?" she asked curiously.

"No, but I've seen what they've done to you," he said solemly.

She looked surprised. He seemed like he really cared about her. "Um, Max, can I ask you a favor?"

"Anything," he said confidently.

Liz was taken aback. He would do anything for her. "Um, can you wait around her til closing time? I really don't wanna be left alone with them. Please?" she begged him.

"Of course. I was going to whether you asked me to or not. I don't trust them any more than you do," he told her honestly.

She breathed a sigh of relief. "Thanks," she whispered before she went over to Tristan's table.

"Hi guys," she said hesitantly to get their attention. "Um, what can I get for you?" she asked. She didn't notice that she was trembling.

Tristan gave her a once over and then got out of the booth. Liz backed up so he wasn't in her personal space. "Well, Parker, what I wanted isn't on the menu," he said as he advanced towards her.

She backed up some more. "Tristan please, if you don't want to order than will you please leave?" she begged more than suggested.

Tristan pretended to pout. "But if I leave, then I can't have what I want," he said.

"Back off pal," a low voice said. Actually, he more like growled.

Liz looked over Tristan's shoulder and saw Max, giving Tristan death looks.

Tristan was actually caught off guard. He turned around to face Max. "And if I don't?" he challenged.

"Then no one's going to stop me when I come after you," Max threatened.

Liz squeezed out from between Tristan and the counter and tried to make her way to the door. She walked backwards to make sure that Tristan wasn't watching her. Suddenly, a hand came around her shoulders and the other snaked around her waist. Liz yelped. It was Jacob. She struggled to get out of his grasp.

"Let go of me," she shrieked.

Max whipped his head around to see Liz struggling with another one of the guys. He started toward them, but Eric grabbed him and effectively pinned his arms behind him.

Tristan let out a whistle. "Now Max, you seem like the kind of guy that takes other people's pain, and makes it yours, am I right? So we'll have to use someone else's pain to make you suffer. You seem to be really fond of my little Lizzie here don't you?"

Max was angrier than he had ever been in his life. "Tristan I swear to god if you touch her in any way, I'll make you die a slow agonizing death," he threatened between gritted teeth.

"Hmm," Tristan pretended to think about what to do when all of a sudden he punched Liz as hard as he could in the stomach. She doubled over onto the floor, gasping for air.

"You son of a bitch," Max yelled. He broke free of Eric's hands, and gave him a right hook to the nose.

Eric fell to the ground holding his nose. "You bastard, you broke my nose."

Max charged towards Tristan and threw him to the floor near Eric. And lastly, he literally threw himself at Jacob, knocking them both to the ground, beating him senseless.

Liz was on her knees, with her forehead pressed into the floor, groaning. Max rushed to her side helping her up. "Jesus Christ Liz are you okay?" he asked. He lifted her off the floor and steadied her against a stool at the counter.

"I think he broke my rib," she croaked.

"Oh god," Max said. Some protector he was. "I'll take you to the hospital. Where are you parents?" he asked.

"They're out doing some stargazing somewhere in the desert," she whispered.

"Okay come on." He looked over to where the guys were and noticed that they had left. Probably out the back door he thought to himself. Who cares anyway. His main concern right now was the dark haired angel quietly sobbing in his arms. He led her to his car, helped her in, and they started on their way to the hospital.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.