FanFic - Max/Liz
"Dangerous Minds"
Part 8
by Camille
Disclaimer: I don't own any part of Roswell. But I'd like to rent Jason Behr or Brendan Fehr for a little while.
Summary: Before the shooting, dangers lurked and made themselves known.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is a "Before I Knew You" fic. And my first one. Be honest, but not brutal.
11:25 pm

At the old soap factory. Liz was tied to a chair, and she had a gag in her mouth. She hasn't regained consciousness yet.

Agent Stevens and Agent Pierce are both there. "I told you to get evidence on him, not kidnap the small town waitress that happened to look cute," Pierce fumed. This was the last time Agent Stevens messed up like this. "Now we can't let her go, because she knows too much. I can't believe you dragged her into this, she had nothing to do with it." Pierce knew that he would have to kill her, and she wouldn't even know why.

"But sir," Agent Stevens argued, "she is the subject's weakness. If we have her, we can do anything to him, and he'll tell us everything."

Pierce pondered this for awhile. Maybe she wasn't as useless as he thought.

Both men were torn out of their conversation when a loud moan interrupted them. Liz was starting to wake up.

Liz woke up with a killer headache. The last thing she remembered was being held captive at the Crashdown, Max and Michael were there, and then she blacked out. "Oh my god," she whimpered.

Suddenly two figures in the shadows started to come towards her. She shrank as close to the chair as she could. She saw the man that attacked her earlier, and another guy. "What do you want from me?" she whispered. He headache was making it almost impossible to concentrate, let alone speak with a normal voice.

"Don't worry Miss. Parker, we're just using you for bait. What we really want is Max Evans."

Liz felt her stomach drop. Whoever these guys were, they were dangerous, and she knew that if Max did come for her, he was in serious danger too.

"What do you want with Max, he never did anything to you," she moaned. The ropes that tied her hands behind her back were cutting into her wrists, as she tried to pull out of them.

"Well, since you won't live to tell anyone, I guess we can tell you, Max Evans is an alien."

Liz looked at the two of them like they grew another head. "Seriously guys, if my headache wasn't so bad, I'd laugh at you, until my sides hurt."

Agent Stevens advanced on her menacingly. "Well if you want your sides to hurt, I guess we can manage that."

Liz looked him straight in the eyes. "Bring it on," she said simply.

Outraged, Stevens stalked behind her, and untied her ropes. "What are you doing?" Liz asked nervously. She pulled her hands out from behind her and rubbed her wrists.

"Well since you insist on being such a smartass, I've decided to teach you a lesson." Stevens shoved her out of the chair and she landed on her hands and knees. She tried to stand up, but it seemed like the higher she got, the worse her headache got.

She tried to look towards Stevens, but she was seeing double, and everything was fuzzy. Instead of facing off with him, she made a run for the door, that surprisingly was open. Stevens pounced on her from behind, tackling her before she even got within ten feet of the door.

She screamed as she was sandwiched between the floor and Stevens. Pierce watched this all amused by the courage of this woman. Stevens got off of her, and backhanded her across the face for trying to escape. Then he yanked her up off the ground and roughly shoved her in a corner.

"Still think you're little miss tough?" he asked as he ran his fingers up and down her leg.

She slapped his fingers off of her. "Still think you are?" she shot back.

Pierce snorted. The girl had guts.

Stevens let out a cry of frustration, and punched her in the face, knocking her unconscious again.

11:35 pm

Max, Michael, and Isabel, are in Max's room. "What are we gonna do Max?" Isabel asked. She was so pale she was trembling. They just got a taste of what the FBI would do to innocent bistanders. There was no telling what they would do to the enemy. And frankly, Isabel didn't want to find out.

"What do you mean what are we gonna do, we gotta go save her," Michael said.

After the past few week of getting to know Liz, he'd gotten kind of fond of her. Not that he would ever admit it to anyone. And it was their fault that she was kidnapped. And it's not like they could just leave her.

"I know we've gotta go get her, but aren't we going to at least come up with a plan?" Isabel snapped back.

She was also worried about her brother. He hadn't spoken two words since they got him into the house. And when he did speak, he said one word, that was filled with love and tenderness, but also guilt and pain. "Liz," was all he said before he would curl into a ball and let the tears run endlessly down his face.

All of a sudden he jumped up from his position on the floor, and started spouting off orders. "First of all, Isabel, you're not coming." Isabel opened her mouth to object but Max cut her off, "We need you to cover for us with mom and dad."

Isabel knew Liz was a tough subject with Max, so whenever it came to her, she might as well just do what he said. So she slumped her shoulders in defeat and nodded.

Then he turned to Michael. "Michael, there's a back door to the old soap factory. You go in through there, and I'll go in through the front. I'll create a distraction long enough for you to get Liz out of there. Then when she's safe, you come back and create another distraction so I can get out of there." Michael nodded.

"Okay," he took a deep breath. "Let's go." They started out the door.

"Wait," Isabel cried suddenly.

Max and Michael both jumped. "What?" Max asked alarmed.

She went over to both of them and they had a group hug. "Come back safe," she whispered, "both of you."

11:55

They sat out in the jeep. "Are you ready Maxwell?" Michael asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Max replied.

"Okay, let's do this."

They got out the car and went their separate ways.

Max banged on the front door. It opened immediately. The guy that kidnapped Liz was the one who answered it. "Oh Mr. Evans, how nice to see you. We weren't expecting you for another five minutes," Stevens said sarcastically.

"Bite me," Max sneered.

"Oh I'm quite full off of Miss. Parker," Stevens shot back.

Max stiffened. He didn't know what he would do if anything happened to Liz. "If she's hurt," Max threatened, "in any way, I'll kill you."

"Now we wouldn't want an all out brawl here now would we. Not in front of the lady," Pierce smirked as he stood in front of Max.

"Where is she?" Max growled.

"No need to be mean about it," Pierce said. "Right there." He motioned to a figure behind him.

Max moved closer. He could see her tiny frame in the shadows. Suddenly a light snapped on, brightening up the entire room.

Liz was standing, but only because her hands were tied to a pipe overhead. She was unconscious again, and there was blood coming out of her nose and mouth. She had bruises all over her face, arms, and legs. "Oh god Liz," Max moaned. He knew that Michael couldn't go through with their plan, so he altered it.

Max quickly untied her hands and slid her to the floor, still in his arms. He gently smoothed the hair away from her face. "Liz," he whispered. "Come on Liz wake up."

She started to stir in his arms. "Max," she murmured. "I'm right here, just come back to me." She finally opened her eyes and focused on him.

"Shouldn't we... you know?" Agent Stevens motioned to the couple. "Nah, let em' have their moment. It'll be the last time they see each other anyway."

"Max we have to get out of here. They're crazy. They think that you're an alien." She started to panic.

"Liz I am an alien," Max whispered. "But you have to promise that you won't tell," he started.

Liz silenced him by putting a finger on his lips. "I would never ever betray you like that Max," she said confidently.

Max gently helped her up. When she was standing, he snaked his arm around her waist, to keep her steady. He faced the agents. "I told you, that if you hurt her, I would kill you," he said slowly to Agent Stevens. "But now, I'm going to kill both of you."

"I don't think so," Agent Stevens said as he pulled out his gun. All of a sudden, a loud crashing sound was heard, and a cluster of pipes and boxes fell on the agents.

When the dust settled, Max saw Michael on the second floor looking smug. "Nice one Michael," Max yelled so he could hear. Michael saluted to him and went out the back door to wait in the jeep.

Liz was starting to get dizzy again and see double. "Max, I can't see straight," she said as her knees buckled. Max caught her and pulled her to him. "Come on, let's go home and I'll see what I can do." They started towards the door.

Suddenly, the loud clanging of pipes could be heard, and Stevens emerged from the pile, gun in hand. He aimed directly for Max. "Die you son of a bitch," he screamed.

"Max," Liz screamed as she pushed him out of the way.

BAAM!!

"LIIIZZZZ!!!!!"

Part 7 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.