FanFic - Max/Liz
"Darkness & Light"
Part 6b
by Mattia
Disclaimer: I do not own them in any way or form! They are the property of The WB, Melinda Metz and Jason Katims.
Summary: The story begins a couple days after Crazy. It would probably help to read the previous parts of this fanfic first!
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Max slid behind some bushes and pulled open the book, uncapping the pen that was clipped to the side of the page. Quickly, he scrawled a message and through the text into the bush, so it was mostly hidden. Getting up, he began running again. He knew it was too late though. The two men had doubled to four, and more seemed to be appearing every minute. Feeling trapped, he looked around for a way out, but found none. The last of his hope pouring out of his heart, he felt several of the men grab him and throw him to the desert floor.

Max let out a grunt of pain and fear. He could feel his arms and legs being tied behind his back as if he were nothing more than an animal. Inside, his heart began pounding, almost ripping through his chest. For the first time since he had saved Liz, Max was scared. So frightened, that his body felt paralyzed. He heard voices above his head, but could not make out their words. A moment later, he felt the sharp sting of another needle enter his skin.

As his world began crumbling on top of him, Max looked over to see glossy shoes standing a few feet from him. Looking up past the legs, he saw a man in a dark colored suit with dark shades covering his eyes.

The man leaned down on one knee and pushed the glasses down on his nose to reveal malevolent, bottomless brown eyes. "Hello Max."

Those two words sent shudders through Max's body. He knew who the man was-Agent Pierce.

"Let the fun begin." Pierce said in a hushed voice that dripped with sarcasm.

Taking one last horrifying glance at him, Max's world began to get hazy. He welcomed the darkness, for anything at this point was better than the light.

Part 5 | Index | Part 7a
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.