Fanfic - Max/Liz
"Deceptive Image"
Part 1
by Jacqueline
Disclaimer: I wish I could take credit for the amazing characters, but I can't. They belong to UPN.
Summary: Max and Liz deals with the death of Alex and their love for one another.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Author's Note: Please let me know what you think. I've read a lot of Fan fictions, but this is the first time I've tried to write one myself.
Max sat on the ground next to Alex's grave. Taking a deep breath he ran his hands over his face. His head bend he stared at the moist dirt covering the brown casket Alex's body was laid to rest in. "Liz was right," Max murmured, his eyes filling with tears. "It's my fault. I'm responsible for your death. I'm sorry Alex." His body trembled with the emotions racing through him. "I"m sorry... so sorry." Standing a few feet away, Liz watched him. Her heart braking at the pain so evident in Max's voice. Turning away from the sight of his pain, pain she was partly responsible for Liz fought the tears that threaten to consume her. Taking a deep breath she went to him, stopping just behind his hunched form. "Max..." Turning swiftly Max wiped at the tears on his face. "I didn't know anyone was here." He said getting to his feet. "I'm sorry...if you want me to leave..." She turned to walk away when his voice stopped her. "You were right, you know." He looked down into her tear drenched eyes, eyes that mirrored his own pain. "It was my fault." "No, Max. I was wrong." Needing to comfort him she reached out and took his hand in hers. She closed her eyes against the familiar sensation, which consumed every cell of her body at the contact. Releasing him she stepped back, looking around the graveyard, looking away from the knowing flicker that flashed in his eyes. Max felt his anger simmer in his blood. How could she ignore the strong electrical current surging between them? How could she ignore the strength of their love when his heart was still beating erratically in his chest from just the touch of her hand. "Max...I was wrong. I never meant that you actually killed him. I just...I just..." "What Liz...you what?" Taking a deep breath Max ran his hand through his hair. "It doesn't matter anymore." He pinned her with his anger through his eyes. "All your hard work paid off. You proved that we were responsible for Alex's death. Isn't that what you wanted?" He yelled turning away from her. "No!" Liz cried. "Some King I turned out to be." He laughed. The humorless sound echoed through the cemetery. "Your a boy, Max. A kid. How can they expect you to be this dominant figure in a world you don't even remember?" "You don't understand, Liz. That's who I am. I have no choice." "Max..." "No!" he turned to look at her, his heart pounding in his chest. "I should have known what Tess was up to. I should have protected all of you better." "Max, be fare. None of us suspected Tess." "Not all of us." He whispered caressing her cheek with the back of his hand. "You never trusted her. You saw right through her, but we...I wouldn't listen." "No, Max...I didn't see anything different from the rest of you. I'm not going to lie, Max. I hated her. I hated her...." she repeated taking a deep breath as she ran her hands through her hair. "because I knew Max...I knew the moment we realized who she was that she was going to take you away from me. I knew." "Liz..." "No!" She pulled away from him. "and I was right. She took you away." "She didn't take me Liz. You didn't want me remember." He murmured his voice laced with the anger still running through him. Liz turned away from his piercing eyes. "You don't know what your talking about, Max." "Why...why would you sleep with him. I thought you loved me, I know you loved me, Liz. What did I do to make you hate me so much?" Grabbing her arm he turned her to face him, capturing her eyes with his. "What did I do to make you want to destroy me?" He demanded. "Oh God, Max..." She murmured, shaking her head no. "I never wanted to destroy you. How could you think such a thing?" Pushing her away, his chest heaving, tears pooling in his eyes, he roared. 'You slept with Kyle. How do you think it made me feel to walk in on the two of you? God, Liz.... how could you sleep with him?" "I...I had to end our relationship and I knew that you...you wouldn't just let me go." Liz wiped at the tears running down her face. "I had to make you hate me. Don't you see?" she yelled laughing hysterically. "It was the only way. You told me so." "What are you talking about, Liz?" He demanded. "You came to me Max, But it wasn't you. A older you from the future." She looked out at the dark cemetery. "You told me that if we stayed together it would destroy both our worlds. God, Max..." She turned to look at him. "You said that because of us Tess left and you, Michael and Isabel wasn't strong enough to fight the skins off. That just before you came to me you held Michael dead in your arms. Isabel died a few weeks before." She wiped at the tears on her cheeks. "You made me believe it Max, even though I didn't want to." "Liz..." He murmured confusion edged on his face. "No!" She cried wiping the tears from her face with the back of her hands. "You told me that you wouldn't just let me go that I had to make you hate me. And I did...you did." She cried. "So you slept with Kyle?" Him whispered staring into her eyes. "No." She shook her head from side to side. "I knew you were coming over so I made sure you found us in bed." She laughed softly. "Kyle was more then willing to help." "Why didn't you come to me at onces." He demanded. "We could have...we could have..."

"Could have what, Max?" She went to stand in front of him. "What could we have done?" Grabbing her Max pulled her to him, holding her to his heart, enfolding her in his love. "I love you, Liz. I tried so hold not to." Moving away a little he looked into her eyes. "Even though I saw you with him, I couldn't hate you. I tried. God how I tried, but I couldn't stop loving you." "I couldn't watch you get closer to Tess even though I knew she was your destiny." Her voice caught in her throat. "Even...even thought I knew you had to be together." "Liz." Cradling her face between his hands he drew her to him, kissing her lips softly. So softly and then when he felt her return the kiss he ate at her mouth wildly, as if he couldn't get enough of her, as if he were trying to make up for the lost time in that one kiss. "I missed you." he whispered on her lips, not braking contact. "I love you, Liz."

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.