Fanfic - Max/Liz
"Destined to be Forever"
Part 10
by Phoebe James
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell or any of the characters...if I did, boy would I be lucky!!
Summary: A few days after EOTW Liz is feeling horrible about the things she did to Max. Maria feels her friend's pain and tells Max the truth!
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
"Liz!" Max screamed. "No!" Max fell down beside Liz. He couldn't lose her now. Not after everything that had happened. He took her hand in his and tried desperately to connect with her. Nothing happened. Max thought about anything and everything that could help him to connect. When Max healed Liz. When he told her who he was. The first time they connected. Their first kiss. The eraser room. Liz telling him about Future Max. All the fond memories Max and Liz had shared. Max concentrated on how he felt about Liz, how she was his world. And he was in. He was one with Liz. He found that she had only been knocked out by Katswana's death, but he healed her anyway. Liz's eyes fluttered open.

"Max..." Max pulled Liz to him and she buried her head in his arms. Max could feel her tears, but he let her cry. After a few minutes she looked up at him.

"I'm sorry Max."

"For what?"

"For everything. I know nothing was going on between you and Tess, I over reacted it was all my fault."

"No Liz, nothing was your fault. I shouldn't have been with Tess that night. I should have been trying to make up my mistake to you. I'm sorry."

"I love you Max." Liz whispered.

"I love you too." he replied. Max wiped the tears off Liz's face and he kissed her. They both knew that destiny wasn't a conflict anymore. Max and Liz were soul mates; they had their own destiny. They were destined to be together, and they knew it. Nothing could come between them anymore. Max pulled Liz to her feet and they began the long walk down the corridor.

MEANWHILE...

Alex and Isabel continued their search. Isabel had been so upset about Tess, Alex didn't know what to do, but he comforted her, and that seemed like it was enough. All they had come across since then were empty white rooms like the ones Max had found earlier. After about half an hour they heard people coming down the corridor. They slipped into the nearest room to try and hide. When Alex and Isabel heard the footsteps pass they opened the door as carefully as possible. They supposed that the people were gone and they continued their search. They were just coming out of a room when they heard more footsteps. They didn't have time to hide again. Isabel grabbed Alex's hand and closed her eyes. It was only Michael, Maria, and Kyle.

"OMG! We were so afraid you guys were guards or something!" Isabel said, relieved.

"Nope, it's just us." Michael answered her. "Have you found anything yet? Any signs of where Liz is?"

"Well, we haven't found Liz yet, but we did find something else." Alex told them.

"What, what did you find?" Kyle asked.

"Umm, well...Tess." Alex answered.

"You found Tess?" Kyle asked.

"Well, we found her...body." Alex said.

"She's dead I mean, she's really dead?" Maria asked.

"Yeah." Alex replied. Kyle looked devastated. Maria buried herself in Michael's arms. Tess might not have been the best friend in the world, but she was still a part of her life.

"I'm sorry Kyle." Alex told him. Just then they heard a noise from one of the rooms, the door opened and Max and Liz walked out.

"Lizzie!" Maria cried. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Max healed me. What's wrong with you guys? You all look so..."

"It's Tess." Isabel said.

"What about her?" Liz asked.

"You didn't tell her?" Isabel asked glaring at Max.

"No, I...I guess I forgot." Max stammered.

"Tell me what? Where's Tess?" Liz demanded.

"She's dead." Kyle said.

"Dead?" Liz asked to no one in particular.

"Yeah, we ummmmmm...found her body about an hour ago." Alex said.

"Oh God. Poor Tess." Liz said. Max grabbed her hand and held it tightly.

"Well, we better get out of here before Katswana comes and finishes us all off." Michael said.

"Katswana is dead too." Liz told them.

"What exactly happened in there?" Maria asked.

"Katswana tried to kill Liz because I wouldn't tell her where the granilith was, but Liz reversed it so she killed herself, but first she connected to Liz, and Liz almost died because of it." Max explained.

"Wow, it's been a long day." Alex said.

"Yeah." Liz said. "There was something weird about the connection though. I could feel her dying; I could feel her powers leaving her. I don't know, it was just strange." Liz told them.

"You're not used to it, you've never felt anyone die before." Michael told her.

"No, it was...more than that." Liz said.

*The file! * Max thought. *I wonder if there is anything in there about what Liz felt. *

"Hey, I have an idea." Max said. "Follow me." The gang followed Max down the corridor and into an office. Max started searching through all the files again, looking for the one about Katswana. He found it and started looking through it. He found what he wanted and was amazed to read what it said. 'Certain shape shifters have the ability to take powers from their victims. They gain the knowledge of the power and how to use it from the victim as well. If one of these shape shifters should die, it is possible that the powers can be transmitted through a connection to another being.'

"OMG! Liz..." Max said.

"What?" The others asked.

"Liz has, I mean...it's possible she has...powers." Max told them.

"What?!?" Liz asked, taken aback.

"From what you said, and what I just read, Katswana transmitted her powers to you when she died." Max told her.

"OMG! I have powers..." Liz said.

"This is too cool! My best friend has alien powers!" Maria exclaimed. But Liz wasn't so sure.

THE END

SEQUEL COMING SOON!

Part 9 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.