FanFic - Max/Liz
"Destiny's Choice"
Part 3
by Michael
Disclaimer: For all to enjoy - none to own
Summary: Episode picks up right where the season ended and Max must choose between his destiny and the woman he loves.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
The jeep approaches the spot where Tess last saw Liz. Max has a worried look on his face and turns to Isabel.

Max: Isabel - I can't see her anymore - in my mind - I can't see Liz anymore.

Isabel puts her hand on Max's arm as they approach the figure on the ground. Everyone jumps out except Tess and the alien girl who is looking concerned at the missing campsite. Max is the first one to reach Liz. He looks down at her lifeless form on the ground and kneels down beside her.

Max: Liz? Liz?

Max lifts her head and tries to get her to look at him. He is met with a blank, empty, stare.

Max: Liz - what have they done to you? Liz!

Max sits on the ground and pulls Liz's lifeless body to him and starts to scream.

Max: No! No! Liz!

Max begins to cry as everyone looks on. No one dares to approach him. They exchange glances - thinking the worst. Maria grabs Alex and starts to cry. The alien girl looks on curiously at this uncommon display of emotion.

Max wraps his arms completely around Liz and holds her to himself. As he gently rocks back and forth a white glow begins to emerge from his chest and encompasses Liz. The light becomes brighter and more intense causing the onlookers to shield their eyes. Everyone stares in amazement as Liz begins to stir in Max's arms. The alien girl's eyes are by far the largest as she has never seen anyone healed before and it has a profound effect on her. She understands now that Max's powers were greatly underestimated and becomes somewhat frantic to free herself and escape. Tess grabs her neck again rendering her unconscious. Liz awakens to find herself in Max's arms. He is exhausted and weeping, but with a huge smile on his face.

Isabel: Max how did you do that? I mean - she had no brain function, no memories - nothing.

Max: I told you Isabel - we have a connection, a bond that can't be severed. I am part of her - I only gave her back what was already inside me.

Liz: Max? What happened? How did I get here? Why is everyone staring at me like that? Max?

Max can only smile, the healing has taken a lot out of him. Everyone approaches caustiously.

Maria: Liz, you were like, dead, … again.

Liz: (starting to remember) Oh no! Max - there's this girl who looks like me - but she's not- and these men - Max you have to hide!

Just then the jeep with Nsado drives up and comes to a halt beside them. Nsado jumps out.

Tess: Nsado! What happened? Did you catch them?

Nsado: My men are still chasing them. Some will escape - (he looks at the alien girl) and some will not.

Nsado gestures to the girl and two soldiers jump out and retrieve her from the jeep.

Tess:(trying to win Nsado's approval) I caught her. I stopped her before she took Max.

Nsado: Yes, I see - but you disobeyed my orders to stay put.

Max: I came for Liz. (Max rises to his feet and helps Liz up)

Nsado: Yes I see the liability is " all better now" (sarcastically). You risked everything for this,… this girl.

Max: Yes and I'd do it again. We're not like you - we're human too.

Nsado: So Max, does this mean you're abandoning your mission - your home and all your people?

Max: No. It just means that our lives are our own and we make our own decisions about who we're with and what we do.

Nsado: I question now your mother's judgement in making you part human - it has made you weak and vulnerable - but there's nothing we can do about that now. Remember Max - there's a lot more at stake here than your adolescent love affairs - there's a whole world waiting for your return and there is a lot to be done to prepare for it.

Max: I know.

Nsado: No you don't but you will. Be on your guards all of you. The enemy is out there all around you. You must be more cautious than ever. Because of her ( he nods towards Liz) there isn't much about you they don't know. We must make our next move very carefully.

Michael: What do you mean our next move?

Nsado: Now is not the time. I will be in contact with you soon.

Nsado returns to the jeep and they drive away. Max turns to Liz and cups her face in his hands.

Max: Liz, I know I have a destiny - one that I don't even quite understand yet - but I also know that part of it is you. We belong together Liz. We are a part of each other - that's not going to change or go away because of this. I have a purpose to fulfill, but I want to do it with you by my side Liz.

Liz: But what about Tess?

Max: Our destiny is our own Liz - and I choose you. I can't decide for you Liz, but I want to spend my life with you by my side. I love you Liz, say it - say you'll be mine.

Liz: Yes Max, how could I say no? You are all I've ever wanted. I love you too Max, I want to be with you too.

Max takes Liz in his arms and kisses her. Tess turns away hurt and humiliated and gets back into the jeep.

Michael: Okay now that that's settled, can we get outta here?

Maria: Actually - everything isn't settled Michael.( Maria looks at Isabel - who nods her okay and goes to stand by Alex) What about me? What about us?

Michael: Look you're just gonna have to give me some space to figure some stuff out okay?

Maria: How much space? Michael you told me you loved me, doesn't that count for anything?

Michael: Just stop it Maria - Okay? Look, I can't handle this right now. I need some time to think.

Maria: Alright, but just remember one thing while you're waiting.

Michael: What's that?

Maria: I love you too.

THE END (for now)

Part 2 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.