FanFic - Max/Liz
"Do All You Want"
Part 1
by Alysonic
Disclaimer: As they all say I own nil. All that is Roswell belongs to the Roswell people. Enough said.
Summary: When Max, Michael and Isobel leave Roswell for good to return home, it has a severe impact on the lives of those they left behind. A look ten years into the future.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
She stared intently at Max’s face. Here they stood on the brink of goodbye, yet neither could mutter the inevitable words. Max’s face alone revealed his true feelings. A look of not only fear, but also of anguish could be read in his eyes. Liz didn’t want the moment to end, for she knew that when it did, her life would be nothing. Not without Max.

“Liz” he whispered softly, and she smiled softly, but shakily at him. “It’s time for us to go. To go home.”

She nodded slowly, a tear beginning to form in the corner of her eye. “Max,” she paused, “I love you.” She looked directly into his eyes, and knew that the bond between them was still alive.

“I love you too Liz. So much.” He lifted his hand til his fingers brushed her face, and wiped the tear from her cheek. His index finger continued to trace the contours of her soft skin til they cam to rest of her lips, which quivered under his touch. She closed her eyes as she felt his touch upon her, knowing it would be the last thing of his she would ever feel. His fingers left her mouth, and fell down to her chin, lifting it up towards him. Without opening her eyes, she could feel his mouth close to hers, his breath quick and tight. Then she felt his lips on hers; brushing lightly in the most tragically exquisite kiss they had ever shared. Their mouths remained joined momentarily after the kiss, before Max pulled apart from her.

She opened her eyes and stared into Max’s own, with desire and loss filling her heart. His own eyes reciprocated the feelings that she felt pouring from her own. Max stepped back from her slowly, then continued to walk backwards, attempting to take in every last breath and movement he could savour for his life. The look between them never dwindled, even as he reached Isabel and Michael. His eyes remained solely on her own. As the bright light surrounded the three, all Max could see was Liz, and Liz’s last memory of him would be of a small smile that flicked across his face as the light engulfed him. Then they were gone and only the cool night air remained.

******

“Michael” Maria gasped as her only love disappeared into the blinding glow that emanated around the trio. And then he was gone, and only she remained where they had stood before.

It had been two weeks since Nasedo had come. Before that they had been living peacefully, going to College, and experiencing the most tender relationship they could have desired. But after he had come, everything had changed. Michael had become more withdrawn, as if he knew what was to come. By distancing himself from her, he had only increased the threshold of her love, achieving the opposite to what had been Michael’s original target. But Maria knew that nothing could have kept Michael from returning home, even his love for her. And the same went for Max and Liz.

Standing with Liz and Alex after the light she felt nothing but loneliness, although she was surrounded by her two best friends in the world. Although she and Michael had known each other a little over two years, the bond that had grown between them had been as strong as unshakeable as that between Max and Liz, although in a different context.

They had been complete opposites, which had been what had drawn her to Michael, and she supposed him to her. But whatever had started their relationship, it was not only desire, but love that kept it growing and strengthening. He needed her as much as she did him. But his desire to go home had been too strong to dissuade his love for Maria. When they had found their fourth, which seemed like months before, but had really only been days, the three decided to return with him. Just like that.

She couldn’t really blame him too much. If she had the chance that he had been given, to find out exactly who he was, and who his family was, she might have taken it too. But that didn’t stop her from feeling gut-wrenchingly miserable. Which she did.

******

The three of them just stood in silence after the light had gone. None knew what to do or what was to come. Honestly, none of them cared at that moment. All they remembered were the faces of their beloved as they had left them. Alone. The shock of the situation would continue to haunt them in the years to come.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.