Fanfic - Max/Liz
"Dreams Are Worth Waiting For"
Part 1
by Elizabeth
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. I keep on hoping that someday I will, but for now they belong to Melinda Metz, Jason Katims, and WB.
Summary: Liz has a dream. This takes place soon after the Pilot.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
I toss and turned in my bed having trouble falling asleep. It was impossible to get any rest when I was constantly thinking about Max Evans, and how just afew nights ago he healed me. If it wasn't for him, I would have died. I owed him so much. I owed him an apology for ignoring him my whole life. I owed him a thank you. I owed him my life. He needed so much from me right now, I just needed him to admit it. He was scared. Weren't we all?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was dressed in a red velvet dress. I looked around me realizing I was in some field filled with wild flowers. It was so pretty. I would have loved to frolic through it for hours, but I didn't have time.

I was on a mission. What my mission was, I wasn't quite sure. I looked up and spotted Max Evans smiling at me. "Hello, Liz." He smiled and held his hand out to me. I gladly accepted it and he began twirling me around. It was so romantic! "Oh, Max. Where are we?" I asked him afraid to hear the answer. "Where we are, is equal if not better than the most glorious place on earth. Where we are is beyond one's grasp. Where we are is in between dimensions. Where we are, Liz, is in your mind. We are acting out your fantasy." He whispered in my ear before he dipped me.

It felt so right..so natural to be swaying in his arms. I never wanted to let go. I wish this could last forever. Max pulled slightly away from me, causing me to pout. However he was ignoring my puppy dog face and instead looking intently at his watch. He tightened his grip on my arm and began to pull me along. "What are you doing?" I asked irritated. "No time. There is no time." He said not bothering to explain to me what that meant.

I began to blink. Had what I thought just happened? Did our surroundings magically alter? I now found myself standing next to a pond. Swans were swimming lazily in the sparkling blue water, and people were all around us relaxing and basically just having a good time. "H.h..how did that happen?" I asked Max tentively. "It's simple. This place isn't real therefore time and all other things on earth aren't real." He said as if it wouldn't come as a shock to me. "That's impossible," I whispered. "Just like aliens?" He asked grinning at me. "Things are different now, Liz. Everything is." He turned towards me and reached out grabbing my hands. "And now that you know the truth about me, I feel the need to share everything with you. I want to share my heart, my mind, my body, and my soul with you, Liz Parker." He said before he leaned in..getting ready to kiss me. I closed my eyes in anticipation...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat up in bed breathing hard. Sweat was covering my skin causing my pajamas to cling to me. I turned on my lamp and reached for the glass on my nightstand and took a gulp of what was now warm water. That dream was so real. It felt so real and natural. I couldn't believe it wasn't true. How couldn't it be true? I knew he loved me. I knew it! I felt like screaming at him and pounding him on the chest. Why couldn't he just get over himself and agree to be with me? Why? "Because he loves you.." A tiny voice inside my head whispered. I smiled at the thought.

Max Evans loved me. He loved me enough to sacrifice his life for me so why couldn't I sacrifice my happiness for him? Eventually he would come around, and when he did, I'd be waiting. I'd be waiting with open arms. Suddenly I couldn't wait to get back to sleep. I turned off my lamp knowing I'd be able to easily drift back to sleep. After all I'd be spending the whole time dreaming sweet Max and dreams, and for some reason I could so no reason to complain.

The End

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.