FanFic - Max/Liz
"Finding the Truth"
Part 2
by Liz
Disclaimer: I don’t own Roswell or any of its characters. I’m not getting any profits so don’t sue.
Summary: Liz has been reliving her betrayal of Max. When Isabel and Michael get nosy, Liz decides that she has to do something before Max finds out.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This takes place not long after “End of the World”. Just so you understand, things in italics are dreams and stars mean a change in scene or perspective on something that just happened. I want to dedicate this to all the authors who have inspired me to write a story of my own. Ash, Mavonne, Carol, and many more. Also I dedicate this to one of my best friends Heidi and of course the show and all the people who make the show possible.
The lunch bell rang at Roswell High. Liz grabbed her lunch and walked over to a familiar table. She sat down next to Maria who was already fighting with Michael. Across from her was Isabel telling Max something. To her left Alex just sat there staring at Isabel plotting whether or not to talk to her. Max. Just with his name, his face, his breath made knives hit her in the stomach. Liz wanted to just jump up from that table and lay a huge kiss on his face and explain everything. But that would be selfish. She had to remain strong. She started picking at her food. Alex noticed that she was upset about something so he decided to get everyone talking to spice things up.

“Hey guys…I’ve got a question for you, one of those what if kind of discussions. If you had to pack up and live somewhere else where would you live?”

“Vegas! The lights, gambling, and hey I could sing on stage!” Maria quickly answered

“Dream on. The only place you’ll be singing is in the shower.” Michael started to say as Maria hit him. “I personally would go to New York. After all I didn’t get to go last time there was the opportunity.”

“Los Angeles is where I’d live. Sun, beaches and tons of cute guys in only bathing suits.” Isabel remarked.

Alex looked hurt, but before Isabel could notice Maria jumped in “wait a minute in that case I change my answer to L.A. Who cares about singing when you got cute guys running around unaccompanied” Everyone chuckled except Michael who gave her an evil look. Liz’s laughter lasted only a moment and looked back down at her food when she realized that Max looked over at her.

Just then Tess sat down next to Max and started talking with him. Isabel, sensing something bothering Liz asked her where’d she’d go.

“Um…I don’t know. I guess San Francisco. I’ve been there once and it seemed nice.” Liz replied softly. Everyone except Tess and Max noticed that there was something wrong with Liz, but obviously was not going to share what it was. Liz was getting sick physically watching Tess and Max talk. She got up and told everyone that she had to go see a teacher. An obvious lie.

Liz darted over to the bathroom. Tears started streaming down her face. She whipped them away and looked at her now red face in the mirror. Tess and Max, that is what is supposed to happen. That is what she wanted; Max fulfilling his destiny.

********************************************************************

Max saw Liz bolt off somewhere, and he knew it was because of him. He wanted to get up and find out what was going on, not just why she left but to find out why she betrayed him. His eyes and head told him that she had slept with Kyle, but his heart told him that she hadn’t and that she was covering something up. Just as he started to get up he felt a hand pushing him back down. Tess.

“Don’t worry about her, she’s fine. Anyway so I was saying…” Tess said, but Max tuned her out. Max tried to believe Tess, that Liz was all right. Besides what was he going to do? Even if he ran after her to console her she would just shrug him off.

*********************************************************************

Isabel was surprised when Liz ran off. She knew things went sour with Max and Liz but no one (other than Max and Liz) knew why. What could make Romeo and Juliet separate like this? She didn’t like the idea of Liz and Max together, but although it was sickening she had to admit they were perfect for one another. And she had never seen Max so happy when he was with her. Isabel now knew her mission: Find out what the hell is going on between them.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.