Fanfic - Max/Liz
"For Then, For Now, Forever"
Part 7
by Selena Santiago
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or any of it's characters, however I love borrowing them whenever I come up with some insane ideas to write about! OH, and any songs are copyright of the respective owner.
Summary: While rummaging through one of Grandma Claudia's old boxes Liz finds a beautiful necklace. She finds herself being haunted with memories that are not her own. Could this necklace be the key to Max's past? Or is it the key to his future? Takes place mainly in the happenings of this season, but goes back and forth between events.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: I'd love feedback. Positive or otherwise... and let me know what I can do to improve or if you just liked it! Thanks!
"You can't stay."

"I realize that." Zan stared at Eliza with passion burning through his eyes. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a long beautiful necklace with a heart on it. He pulled it apart, handed her the side with the Earth and placed it softly on her neck as she gazed up at him in the mirror. They made eye contact, with intense, burning eyes and refused to look away. She looked intently at his reflection in the mirror, and he at hers. Finally, he grabbed her chin softly and turned her to face him. They simply stared into each other's souls, not wanting to turn away. As he began to near her, she turned her face away.

"What?" He kept his gaze on her and she looked at him looking at her through the mirror.

"You have to leave Zan. Now."

"Now?" He kept staring and she pulled her long brown hair over her shoulder.

"Yes now. I wouldn't want to get involved in another one of your political discussions." She turned to look up, straight into his eyes to prove her seriousness. Instead, she felt her knees go weak and the butterflies she simply couldn't avoid.

"You feel it too don't you?" The statement threw her off and she simply stared at him blankly.

"Feel it...?" He placed his hand softly on her cheek and pressed his lips firmly against hers. The shock between them was so strong it was almost physically straining. There was such a connection between them. Something beyond physical attraction.

"Zan..." Before she could finish her sentence they were involved in their own thoughts. He snapped his hands and the lights went out, as the candle lights went on. He kissed her and he felt himself losing all sense of reason.

"Why do you do this to me?" He ran his fingers through her hair trying to pull away from her, but finding himself wanting not to.

"Stop! Stop, just stop." Eliza pulled away abruptly, and reached for her necklace on her neck, nervously twirling it. He walked up to her back and wrapped his arms around her waist. He lay his head on her shoulder for a second, then he whispered into her ear.

"DO you really want me to leave?" She shivered at the warmth of his voice and the passion behind it. She spun around and stood face to face with his intense hazel eyes.

"No..."

"Then don't fight it. It's destiny..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max shot up in bed and looked around the room to make sure he was really awake. He breathed in deeply at the images that were still haunting his head so strongly. He got himself up and out of bed. He looked at the clock. It was still five o'clock in the morning. He lay on his back and looked up into the ceiling, thinking hard. He had to talk to Liz. He had to find out why she had that necklace. He had to find out why he remembered all of these things all of a sudden. And most of all he had to know why the woman in his dreams, Zan's destined lover, was Liz. It had to be. The depths of her eyes, the color of her hair, her scent. He stopped himself for an instant.

"Do I really remember what she smelled like?" He reached over into his night table drawer and pulled out a letter from Liz. He touched it softly and actually thought he could smell her vanilla scent. As he went to put it back, he saw the book Isabel had given him that afternoon. He thought of the dream he'd just had and pulled out the book. He looked through several of the pages. He read through the intricate details and images that were so simply placed in front of him. The bonding ceremony, the split up, the problems between countries, his rushed engagement to Ava, Eliza's return, his sudden realization of their attraction and connection, Vilandra and her secret meetings with Kivar, he and Eliza's secret rendezvous. There was so much. It was so clear and it all made so much sense. It was frightening how much seemed real. Or maybe it was. He began to write in the blank pages of the book. He wrote down everything he could remember in detail. From his entrance to the room, to every other detail that made his stomach knot. He had to do something, and he knew just the thing. He grabbed the book with the new chapter he'd added and after he dressed, he made his way to see Isabel. He quietly knocked on her window and he saw her jump.

"Max!"

"Shhhh..." She motioned to the front door and tied a robe on over her nightgown. Max ran to the front and she unlocked the door.

"What are you doing here?" She looked at him terrified, feeling uncomfortable that her brother saw her in bed with her husband, not that she was doing anything with him, but still.

"I wrote. I wrote about a chapter's worth. This Eliza you were talking about. I don't know who she is, yet. But I have a feeling. And it's a feeling that I just can't ignore. I had a dream tonight. A very, very vivid dream. And it was a familiar feeling that I got. So I need you to do me a favor. Can you do that for me?" Max looked at his sister pleadingly.

"What."

"Dream walk her. Dream walk Liz. I need to know what she's thinking right now." Isabel nodded in agreement. Max handed her a picture of Liz from his wallet. She looked at him and hesitated. Then she grabbed the picture, placed her finger on it, and closed her eyes. Max placed his hand on hers and he felt himself drift with her.

LIZ'S DREAM

"Grandma Claudia, please help me. I don't understand what's happening to me. Why am I seeing these things? Why am I feeling this way?" A bright light shone and Claudia stood in front of Liz, looking healthy and happy, as she had the few days before she'd died.

"Liz... you've forgotten everything I've told you."

"What... what did you tell me?"

"Never forget to follow your heart."

"Grandma Claudia that doesn't work. You go into places you just can't be..."

"Or don't want to be." Liz looked up at her grandmother who looked down lovingly.

"You know that Max fellow you spoke to me about. How you thought he might potentially be your soul mate? Did you ever figure that out?" Liz sighed loudly. She looked up at her grandmother with tears in her eyes.

"I love him so much... so much that it hurts. But it's not meant to be. He has to be with someone else. He has to."

"Does he love you."

"He says he does..."

"Do you think he does?"

"Yes." Liz began to cry and Max who sat in the corner with Isabel unnoticed wanted to run and take her in his arms and assure her that she was the one and only for him. But he couldn't. She had to get it out.

"Liz... Max is different, isn't he?"

"Yes."

"Like you?"

"What do you mean?" Liz looked at her grandmother's sparkling eyes curiously.

"You always had this... maturity. This essence I got from you that I never understood. You lived like there was no tomorrow, but like you've lived before and you were confident you'd live again. It was in complete contradiction to your over organized personality. And when I saw you after the shooting you looked so... alive. So in touch with a part of you that you'd been missing. A deeper part."

"A deeper part?"

"You were changing. And I could see it." Her grandmother grabbed her hands and placed them together. She looked at Liz, awaiting an action.

"What do you want me to do?" Liz looked at her hands in prayer position and stared blankly at her grandmother.

"Whatever comes naturally... there's something in you that's guiding you. Some destiny perhaps?" At the sound of the word she had so grown to loathe, Liz looked down at her hands and saw the blue glow between them. Her mouth fell slightly open and she immediately felt the rush of an image in her head. She and Max in a cave, awaiting instruction as they went to see River Dog, and Max had made a blue light glow out of his hands. She immediately let go of her hands in horror and fear.

"Oh God, I'm so confused! Grandma... Grandma???" Liz began to cry and Max looked on in complete astonishment. Liz was really upset.

"Liz?" She turned and saw Max.

"Max?" She tried to wipe away the tears and compose herself. Instead she hugged him and cried. And finally she fell into a dreamless sleep.

Part 6 | Index | Part 1
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.