Fanfic - Max/Liz
"For Then, For Now, Forever"
Part 1
by Selena Santiago
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or any of it's characters, however I love borrowing them whenever I come up with some insane ideas to write about! OH, and any songs are copyright of the respective owner.
Summary: While rummaging through one of Grandma Claudia's old boxes Liz finds a beautiful necklace. She finds herself being haunted with memories that are not her own. Could this necklace be the key to Max's past? Or is it the key to his future? Takes place mainly in the happenings of this season, but goes back and forth between events.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: I'd love feedback. Positive or otherwise... and let me know what I can do to improve or if you just liked it! Thanks!
"So I was thinking we should get together this weekend. We haven't had a real girl's night out in... well in forever and I think it's about time you give me some lovin' ok? 'Cause I don't appreciate Max getting all the attention." Maria smiled and Liz laughed as she walked over to her locker.

"We'll see Maria. Maybe this weekend we can go to a movie or something. If I get off of this punishment thing my dad thinks I'm on."

"And if not... then I'll rent movies and crash at your place. Geez Liz, you had to go and get caught robbing a convenience store." Maria rolled her eyes playfully and bid good bye to her friend. Liz laughed at the silliness of the entire situation when actually said out loud and began to turn the numbers of her combination for her locker. She reached down to get her books and as she went to put them in, she was completely shocked. Inside her locker stood a single white rose and a note.

I was thinking about you last night. There's something important I want to talk to you about. Meet me in the eraser room last period. If you can't make it, leave a note in my locker and instead we'll meet on your balcony right after school. I love you Liz. ~Max

She stared at the note, neatly written on the white paper and the beautiful single rose. Max had his ways of surprising her. She just hoped that what he had to say wasn't bad. She didn't think she could handle bad news now. She had too much going on mentally... and emotionally for that matter. She reached in, stood up the rose, and placed her books neatly in, making an extra effort so as not to crush the flower. She took out her Molecular Chemistry book and smiled once more at the note in her hand. She put it in her book and closed the locker. She turned to go to her last period class and saw Max go into the eraser room. She sighed loudly and looked around. She couldn't get spotted. Getting in trouble again would be suicide. Looking around and realizing that the coast was clear, Liz made her way into the eraser room.

"Hey." She stood looking like a young school girl, book in hand and a shy smile. Max looked back at her and smiled. He stared into her eyes, and without another word kissed her. She held the book tightly at the unexpected response and he slowly grabbed it from her and placed in on the book case. They kissed long and hard and finally Liz gave in. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back with just as much force. That's when they had the vision.

FLASH

"I have to leave. If I don't they will begin to suspect." Zan got up from the canopy bed with the dark blue velvet sheets. The dark blue curtains made the room look dark in itself, but it was evident that night was also approaching through the large window.

"I know." Eliza looked at him, her huge brown eyes intent on figuring out what happened between them.

"I'll be back for you." He placed his robe on and leaned in to kiss her. She pulled away before he could even get close.

"This is wrong Zan. We can't do this again. You're married..."

"By law yes."

"What's that supposed to mean?" She stared at him confused and frustrated. He sat next to her on the bed and ran his fingers through her hair.

"I mean that I don't love her. Not like I love you." He kissed her lips lightly and stepped out of the room as quietly as possible. Eliza lay back on the bed and looked up at the ceiling as she sighed loudly. She loved him. She had known that since the first time she'd laid eyes on him over ten years ago. She also knew it when she saw him this time around. A feeling that strong does not go away easily. But she never dreamed he'd still felt the same. All their teenage secret rendez-vous came back to her and she smiled to herself. Was it possible? Their destinies could still play out, Ava may in fact be their uniting force, rather than their enemy. She got up from the bed and headed for the wash room. She'd think it over with a long bubble bath.

END OF FLASH

Liz pulled away from Max. He stood staring at her, amazed at the power this small woman held. Liz was like a key to his past. Why it was that she knew all she knew... he wasn't sure yet. Who was this unknown Eliza? He wasn't sure of that either. But he knew that Liz held this amazing power to see things that he or the rest of them could not even remember.

"What?" He realized he was staring at her and went to hug her. She wrapped herself around him, comforting herself in the warmth of his hands. There was so much she just didn't understand. Max knew that, and decided he'd find someway to explain it to her. For her sake. She grabbed her book and with a shy smile bid Max goodbye. When she left, he told himself what to do. He'd have to show up at the Crashdown.

Prologue | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.