FanFic - Max/Liz
"Forgotten"
Part 2
by Jen
Disclaimer: The characters or events (relating to the episodes) of Roswell do not belong to me, etc. I did create Anni, Shawna, Kevin, and Howi however. But other than that, it's all Jason Katims and the rest of the Roswell staff.
Summary: Liz never came home after the events in the episode 'Destiny.' Aliens Rel and Anni come to Roswell, along with Max and Isabel's mother in search of the Royal 4. Instead, their lives become much more complicated as the evil alien Howi uses his second-in-command to brainwash Max....
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Thank you Linda for letting me use your idea on Tess. I don't know what this story would be if I didn't use it. This one's dedicated to you; you're one of my best friends ever. And thanks to all my friends and the people on the message board who encouraged me to finish this. Feedback is definitely appreciated, please!!!! Hope you like the story.
Present Day: June 28, 2002, Highland High, located in Albuquerque, New Mexico

"I am so glad today's the last day of school," Rel Kiltalpha told her best friend as they walked toward their lockers to empty them out. She brushed her slightly longer than shoulder length, straight brown hair out of her face.

"Rel," Anni Rigel complained, "How can you be saying that? You were valedictorian. You're the smartest in the class. You are supposed to like school." Anni's deep brown eyes sparkled with hidden laughter, amused that her pal was becoming annoyed. Her long, curly red hair was scooped up in a ponytail.

"Anni, you know I'm excited about the summer." Rel dropped her voice to a whisper, "Shawna and your parents promised us that we could go on the search with them this summer instead of staying with Kevin. And Shawna said she's heard rumors of paranormal activity in Roswell in the past. Meaning, that might be where our leaders are." A huge grin spread across Rel's face.

"Yeah. It will be fun going to Roswell for the UFO festival. It's so pointless. All the commotion humans make over aliens." Anni replied and then diverted her gaze. "Oh Rel," she said in a singsong voice, "look who's coming your way. Have fun," she said and headed towards her homeroom.

"Rel, it's nice to see you." Matt Webster, the former captain of the Highland High's football team greeted Rel. He leaned against the locker next to Rel's, placing his book bag on the floor. He tucked a strand of his shaggy blond hair behind his ear and his piercing blue eyes looked at the girl.

"Hi Matt," Rel replied while continuing to empty out her locker. "Looking forward to the summer?"

"Yeah. Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me this Friday. School will be over, so you won't have to worry about studying or anything."

"You mean a date?" Rel replied, not shocked but worried. "I'm so sorry Matt, but Shawna and I are leaving with the Rigels tomorrow for the summer vacation. Maybe when I come back, before I leave for Harvard," she quickly added in, not wanting to disappoint him.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"Roswell," Rel replied, leaving out the purpose of their visit.

"Oh, have fun with the aliens," Matt joked, "Make sure any don't abduct you."

"Bye," Rel replied tersely, not appreciating his humor on aliens. She headed inside homeroom to get her report card. "See ya later!" Matt shouted, standing in the hallway, "Hey, don't forget to send me a postcard!"

*~*~*~*~*

"Hi Shawna, I'm home," Rel shouted into the house that had been her home for the last two years, the only home that she could remember. As far as Rel knew, she had no family on Earth, since almost all the Aldaberanians were enslaved on their home world of Aldaberan. The Queen Shawna Rana Kiltalpha had come to Earth with her guard, and Anni's family, after a beacon was activated from the orbs Shawna sent to earth almost 60 years ago with her children. They had been trying to find them ever since arriving on this planet two years ago, unable to contact the leaders' guardian, Nasedo. Shawna and the Rigels feared the worse, but knew the leaders had to survive.

But while driving to her new home, Shawna had found an unconscious Rel on the side of the road. When Rel awoke at Shawna's house, Anni had immediately befriended her. Kevin, Shawna's human guard, kept claiming she looked familiar, but Rel could remember nothing of her life. Since then, Shawna had been raising Rel as her own child.

"Rel Talitha Kiltalpha!" Shawna shouted, "Come into the kitchen dear. I want to see your report card."

Rel entered the kitchen area and handed Shawna her grades. She then proceeded to the sink, where she grabbed a mug, and poured some water into it. Rel reached into the cupboard and took out a bottle of tobasco sauce and a tea pack. She placed both into her cup and waved her hand quickly over the top. Instantly, the tea had been boiled. "So, what do you think of it?"

"Excellent, dear. Excellent, of course. I wouldn't expect anything less." Shawna walked over towards Rel. "Are you ready for tomorrow? We leave early."

"Yeah, I just have to finish packing my bag." Rel replied when the door burst open.

"Rel! Rel! Rel! You have to see what I just found!" Anni came running in, excited. Only when she stopped to catch her breath did she notice Shawna in the room too. "Your majesty," Anni bowed.

"Hello to you too Anni Tania Rigel," Shawna greeted Anni by her full name. "I have told you before that here on earth I am just your friend Rel's mother and you are not, and I repeat, not to call me by my title. Shawna is fine," she chided the teen.

"Okay. Sorry," she mumbled. "Anyway, look what I've found out." Anni held up a piece of white typing paper.

"Okay, where did you hack into this time?" Rel asked, not surprised at her best friend's actions. Since she had known Anni a couple of days after waking up from the slight coma Shawna had placed her under in order for her wounds to heal, Rel knew Anni was trouble. She was constantly using her powers out in the open, or hacking into different important websites created by humans on the internet. Though Rel loved her, sometimes Anni was even too much for her to handle. But it was fun to have someone to share secrets with, to talk to, and just to be with. Rel often wondered if she had anyone like this back wherever she had come from.

"The FBI. Their codes were so easy. A child back home could solve them." Being born on Aldaberan, Anni viewed almost all humans as inferior. She missed her home dearly, but delighted being on earth, even if it was just to find their leaders who would retake their planet from the evil Subrarians. Growing up in the capital city of Prima Giedi, Anni had heard all of the numerous stories of the leaders and couldn't wait to finally find them.

"Anyway. This was a hard file to find, but you were correct about former paranormal activity in Roswell Shawna." Anni paused and looked down at her paper. "It says here that in September 1999, a 16 year old girl (Liz Parker) was shot while working in the Crashdown Café, owned by her parents."

"So?" Rel asked, not seeing the point.

"So, she survived." Anni retorted. "After a young man her age, a Max Evans, supposedly went up to her and healed her. And look, they have his picture on file."

Anni held up a picture of a young man with the deep brown eyes of the Aldaberanians and dark brown hair. He had a kind smile and sharp features. Rel inhaled sharply at the picture. She knew the guy. He was in her dreams every night. Intense dreams, accompanied by strong feelings, especially in the spring months. Dreams of them being together, even though she didn't know him. Dreams that scared her. But Rel had never told anyone about them, trying to forget them as the morning came, trying to dismiss them as hauntingly images from before.

"My son," Shawna whispered, her eyes filling up with tears. "He looks just like he should."

Anni looked stunned. "You mean this is Prince Allioth Naos Kiltalpha?" She dropped the picture as if it was on fire.

"Yes it is." Shawna looked amused. "What happened to the girl?"

"I don't know, but according to the Roswell Daily Record, the same Liz disappeared later that year. Most of her friends and family believe she is dead." Anni replied, quietly.

"Thank you Anni Tania. You have made our search much easier." Shawna turned to face Rel,

"Rel Talitha, is something wrong? You look very pale." Shawna asked concerned.

"No, I'm fine," she lied. Rel realized she had been dreaming about the Prince, Shawna's son, the one destined for someone else. She was suddenly confused. What Anni told them had sounded so familiar, but Rel couldn't remember from where. She forced a smile, "Come on Anni, you can help me finish packing."

"Bye Shawna," Anni called from the stairs, following Rel up to her room.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.