FanFic - Max/Liz
"Get In the Game"
Part 13
by FordOnBuffy44
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the writers, producers or cast of Roswell. I only wish I did.
Summary: Max's life begins to change more than Michael and Isabel would like as he becomes more and more frustrated with living in the background.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Authors Note: This is the follow up to my first story Not So Secret Admirer. You might want to read that one first although it's not absolutely necessary. Feedback Please!
Max's first three-pointer had sent shock-waves through the West Roswell gymnasium. Fans who had been heading out the door, stopped and turned around as on the Cowboys ensuing drive, Max swiped a pass away with his hand and broke down the court for an easy two.

"West Roswell basket, scored by number fifteen, Max Evans," the announcer sounded again and again Isabel and Liz leaped into the air, this time smiling at each other as they both glanced down at Max. Michael feigned disinterest, but Isabel knew he'd been surprised by Max's play. The players who had been slouching on the bench suddenly picked their heads up. Suddenly West Roswell wasn't so out of this game. 17-8 was no longer such an impossible margin to make up as they looked to Max on the floor as he grabbed a rebound and passed ahead to Ray Chavez. Ray didn't go for the easy two, instead he passed it back to Max for three points. 17-11 and the Cowboys called a time-out, sending the Comets' fans into an uproar. Kyle, Mack, Archie and Ray all gathered around Max, slapping him on the back excitedly, rejuvinated by his incredible play. The coach had nothing to say as the team stood by the bench for the thirty second time-out. He just looked towards Max in wonder. He was different from all the other players, the coach sensed. There was a quietness about him, a humbleness. And a mysteriousness. He'd never before heard of Max Evans and he knew no one in the crowd had either. Max had gotten his jersey only minutes before the game and so it did not read EVANS across the back as Kyle or Mack's did. All it had on it was his number. The crowd was mystified by the dark-haired basketball phenom. Except for those members of the student body, hardly anyone knew his name or even who he was.

"Son, why didn't you try out for the team last month?" Was all he could say and Archie and Kyle both just laughed at the comment and Max bowed his head. The players on the bench all jumped up and huddled around Max. "Awesome job, Evans", "Yeah Evans," they'd congratulate and Max just looked around the gym in awe. He was hardly registering anything and his eyes rested on Isabel and Liz cheering happily for him.

Isabel was happy for him. Isabel was smiling for him but more importantly, she was smiling for him next to Liz. As he and the four others walked back onto the court his eyes remained on the two. He saw Isabelle say something to Liz as the two sat back down, he saw Liz smile and Isabel laugh. And down on the court he smiled.

Part 12 | Index | Part 14
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.