Fanfic - Max/Liz
"Heir to the Granolith"
Part 4
by Adian
Disclaimer: Creation of Melinda Metz, Jason Katims, and now on the UPN!!!!!
Summary: Only through End of the World in season two happened. Selected events from the rest of the season will happen at some point. Alex went to Sweden but never came back. He decided to finish his education in Europe. Max getting Tess pregnant did happen and she had the baby. Please don't throw anything at me yet!!
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Khivar abruptly stops pacing and orders Tess to leave. She wants to argue but reconsiders after looking at his face. He begins calling for his chamberlain.

"Get me the High Priest!"

A few moments later the High Priest enters. Khivar looks at him consideringly, "Does the phrase 'recognizing the evil within' mean anything to you?"

The High Priest looks at Khivar quizically, "No Sire should it?"

"I'm not sure. While you are researching the Granolith see if that phrase comes up in association with it."

"Anything else Sire?"

"You've studied Earth's belief systems and burial customs. What can you tell me about the United States?"

"Most people are buried in a cemetery. A few are cremated, burned and their ashes are put into an urn. The ashes can be kept by family members, placed in a cemetery, or scattered over the Earth."

"How hard would it be to find the burial place of someone who died about 20 years ago?"

"I honestly don't know but we do have agents on Earth who I can put on the case. Who would you like them to find?"

Elizabeth Parker. She was in a relationship with Max Evans before Tess came along. Supposedly she died in a boating accident off the coast of Florida. I want the information confirmed."

"We will begin at once sire. Do you require anything else?"

"No that is all for now."

As the priest walks out the chamberlain walks in. "Sire, Prince Zannor has sent a few more messages requesting an audience."

Rolling his eyes, "What does he want?"

"I don't know Sire, he just says it is urgent."

Prince Zannor barges in complaining. "Yes father the matter is urgent. I've been tryng to see you all morning. Your chamberlain keeps putting me off. Are you avoiding me? Why aren't preparations going forward for the betrothal announcement? I've talked to the Master of Ceremonies and the food hasn't even been ordered! I'm going to be most upset if I can't have my favorite dish at my own betrothal party!"

Furious Khivar begins, "The urgent matter is about a party? What about the fact the Granolith hasn't confirmed you as HEIR? Aren't you the least bit concerned about that?"

Indignant Zannor states, "I'm your heir. You've been ruling with out that big chunck of rock why can't I?"

"Are you really that ignorant?"

"How dare you call me dumb! I have more right to rule than you do!"

" BOY, you better tread very carefully. I rule by Right of Conquest. I killed the last King Zan and I have his hybrid Max imprisoned. The only reason you are alive is to provide access to the Granolith. Your reason for existing is on very thin ice."

"Guards please escort Zannor to his chambers he is not feeling well. In fact I think he needs to be kept in seclusion for a few weeks. I wouldn't want anyone else to get ill."

While Zannor is being dragged off Khivar turns to his chamberlain. "I do not want to see anyone else today especially my wife!"

On Earth

"Serena we just received a message from one of our agents on Antar. Khivar wants them to look into Liz Parker's death. He wants to confirm that she is dead."

"How strange it's been so many years and now he wants to confirm it? Something happened to trigger this investigation but what?"

Part 3 | Index | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.