FanFic - Max/Liz
"Hidden Paths"
Part 19
by Mslayer713
Disclaimer: I don't own 'em.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Liz walked into the front of the café and sighed. Max was no where in sight.

"Maybe he's trying to talk Michael into coming," Alex suggested.

Liz looked at him. "Who said anything about Max?" Alex just smiled. "Oh…you're gonna pay for that one," Liz promised as she picked up an order and went to the elderly couple by the door.

"Here you go, can I get you anything else?" she asked as the door opened. She was tempted to see who it was, but forced her self to remain looking at her customers.

"No, that's all."

"Well, let me know if you need anything," Liz said while backing up.

Suddenly a pair of arms snaked around her waist. Liz took a deep breath and thought, Max?

"I need something," a voice whispered in her ear.

Liz felt her guilt rising at the sound of Kyle's voice. She pulled away a little and looked back at him. "Hey…what brings you here?"

Kyle shrugged. "I just got off practice…"

Liz was busy looking over his shoulder as Max and Isabel walked into the Crashdown. "Uh-huh," she said.

Kyle looked hard at her. "Liz…did you hear me?"

Liz watched as Max turned her way, but stopped when he saw Kyle. Max then went to the counter and sat down with his sister.

"Yes," Liz said, looking back at Kyle.

"What did I say?" he asked, crossing his arms.

Liz thought back. "Um…something along the lines of practice?" she asked. She then glanced back over his shoulder and watched as Maria walked up to them and Alex scooted over a few seats to be beside Isabel.

"What is so important behind me?" Kyle asked, looking over his shoulder.

"Um, Maria was calling me over. I really need to get back to work," Liz said suddenly.

Kyle shook his head. "Look, I just wanted to ask you where you were this afternoon."

Liz looked at him. "This afternoon? What-oh my god…I was supposed to watch your practice…"

Kyle nodded. "Yeah, that's what I thought."

Liz groaned and looked over at Max. He was talking to Alex, smiling at something. Liz shook her hand and took Kyle hand. "Ok…we need to talk." She led him into the back of the Crashdown.

***

Max watched as Liz and Kyle went into the back. He couldn't help but notice that she was holding his hand.

"Max…you ok?" Alex asked.

"What?" he asked. "I was just…"

"Having a staring contest with the door?" Maria asked.

Max nodded. "Yeah…"

Maria looked at it and sighed. "I wonder if Kyle wants a soda."

Alex grabbed her wrist as she headed toward the back. "Park it DeLuca," he ordered. "You're not gonna go barging back there."

"But-"

"He's right," Isabel said. "It's just gonna make her mad."

Alex cocked his head at Isabel. "Thank you, Isabel."

"You're welcome, Alex," she replied.

Maria sighed. "But maybe I could help."

Max sighed and let the conversation dwell in the background as he stared at the door.

*Into you, so far our words go
So much clearer then you hear
Into you, goes everything I know
No one else knows how I feel

Farther down, I'm desperate for you
Where you never have to know
Farther down, I'm still without a clue
Just something, something takes my pain away

Only chance can change my fortune
So I'm not sure why I try
As if I could swim the ocean
As if you could start to fly

Farther down, I'm desperate for you
Where you never have to know
Father down, I'm still without a clue
Just something, something takes my pain away
Something takes my pain away

Father down, I'm desperate for you
Where you never have to know
Father down, I'm still without a clue
Just something, something takes my pain away
Something takes my pain away
Something takes my pain away
Something takes my pain away
Something takes my pain away*

'Farther Down' by Matthew Sweet

Part 18 | Index | Part 20
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.