FanFic - Max/Liz
"Hidden Paths"
Part 42
by Mslayer713
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
The streetlights made the interior of the Crashdown café look dark, even ghostly. No lights were on, but the restaurant still contained one customer.

Liz Parker was sitting at the counter, looking down at the cover of her journal. As she opened to an empty page and shifted so it was in some light, she thought back on her day.

Max, Isabel, and Michael were different. After all six had come together, all of the 'actions' of late were spoken of and they all came to one conclusion. This had to be kept a secret. Liz smiled as she remembered how Michael grumbled that Maria would blab, prompting her to slap his arm. There was defiant chemistry there.

And even Isabel and Alex joked playfully. Although there was still stiffness to Liz's new friend, Isabel was handling her situation a little better now.

Then there was Max.

Liz could feel her smile widen as she thought about their shared dream, then about their conversation today. He seemed so worried that she would stop hanging with him now, that she would give up on him simply because he was different.

"And you're ok with this?" he had asked, giving her a shy glance.

"Yeah…" She knew she had been blushing, but it was hard not to when he was around.

"Ok…I'll se ya tomorrow?" Max asked, looking deep into her eyes.

"Yeah…tomorrow," she had replied, walking to her door and starting to go in. Chancing a glance, Liz had looked over her shoulder and found Max staring straight at her.

And that was just a mere hour ago. Pulling out her pen, Liz glanced down at her journal and started to write.

'It's January 3rd and I'm Liz Parker. A few days ago, I never thought I would be sitting here thinking about how compatible a human could be with someone who may not be from earth. But Max Evans has definitely changed my life. And with all that's happened, all I've learned, it was for the better.

I don't know how to explain the dynamics of our small group, except to say that we're bonded. One secret brought all 6 of us together, and to that, all I have to say is,

Thank you.'

Closing her journal, Liz slid down from her seat and walked up to her bedroom. Climbing out onto her balcony, she placed the journal behind a loose brick in the wall. Sighing as she stood up, Liz wrapped her arms around her self and smiled.

Her life had just got interesting.

Part 41 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.