FanFic - Max/Liz
"Hidden Paths"
Part 9
by Mslayer713
Disclaimer: I don't own the character's, just the plot.
Summary: Alternative reality fic.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Max watched as Michael inhaled a turkey sandwich. Michael showed no move of telling what had happened with him and Isabel, so Max decided to take the offensive. "What was all that about?"

Michael looked up. "What?"

"You and Isabel," Max replied.

Michael shrugged. "Nothing…you know how Isabel is." He went to go take another bite.

"Yeah," Max agreed, "but I also know how you are."

Michael stopped and sighed. "It was nothing Max. Nothing important any ways," he added.

Max eyed Michael. He was shifting back and forth in his seat and his eyes were looking everywhere but on him. Michael was lying. "Michael-"

"Max, let it go." Michael stood up and put his plate in the sink. Max sighed. He wasn't gonna tell.

"So," Michael started, "where'd you go earlier?"

Max shrugged. "Just walked, went by the Crashdown."

Michael smiled. "You got it bad, don't you?" he asked.

"Got what?"

Michael sat back down across from him. "The brunette, right?" then as an after thought Michael said, "It's not the blonde, is it?"

Max shook his head. "It's not Maria…she's more your type."

Michael nearly exploded. "My type? My type?! No way. She's nosey and stubborn and doesn't ever shut up-"

Max laughed. "Michael, give it up. Anyone who fights like you two do are into each other. Common second grade flirting tactics."

"I do not flirt with her," Michael said with conviction. "I argue. Besides, even if she flirts with me, she likes someone else. And I don't like her."

Max nodded. "Sure you do."

Michael shot him a look, but went on with the questioning. "What about you?"

Max shrugged. "There's something about her…I can't get her out of my head," he said softly.

"It's called hormones and it makes you obsess about anything with breasts," Michael replied.

Max shot him a look. "It's more then that. She's…I can't explain it."

"Well, I'll tell you this, you should've been here earlier."

Max eyed Michael. "Why?"

"She was here. In this very kitchen," Michael said while standing up again.

"What? Here?"

Michael nodded. "Yeah. I actually found all three of them in the middle of an ice cream fight. Then Maria hit me in the head," Michael mumbled.

Max looked at his shirt. "I was gonna ask about that."

"Yep. And you missed your chance to see Liz covered in ice cream."

Max smiled. Liz…her name was Liz. Max shook his head and got back to the problem at hand. "If all you were hit was in the head, why is your whole shirt covered?"

"Maria. I retaliated by dumping a whole bowl on her head, and then clumsy slips and we fall onto the floor."

Max had to smile. "So you two were on the floor together?"

Max grumbled something and left the room. Max laughed and followed him.

*************************************************************

Maria watched as Liz packed up the last of her things and sighed. "Did you bring enough?" Maria asked.

Liz shrugged. "I just wanted to be prepared."

Maria smiled. "Oh…so this has nothing to do with Isabel's brother?"

Liz averted Maria's eyes as she said, "No, it does not."

"No it does not," Maria mimicked. "Whatever Liz. Just admit it. You like him."

"I don't know him."

Maria shook her head. "Fine, I give up."

"Girls! Are we ready?!" Isabel called from downstairs. "We gotta go by the video store," she added.

Maria and Liz grabbed their stuff and headed down to meet her. "Why?" Liz asked.

Isabel smiled. "We need to pick up a movie."

Maria perked up. "Can we rent 'Dirty Dancing'? I love that movie!"

"Really? 'Cause I was gonna suggest that," Isabel said softly. "How weird is that?"

Liz nodded. It was kinda weird. And quite a few weird things have been happening lately. "So, we ready?"

"Lets go party!" Maria said happily as they started out to the front.

"And where are we going?"

All three girls looked to see Alex smiling at them. "Hey Alex!" Isabel said happily. "We are having a girls night."

Alex looked ecstatic that Isabel was even talking to him. Liz and Maria shared a look. "Really?! And can a guy join you?"

"Only if he wants his hair and make-up done; which is a no," Isabel said playfully.

"No just wait a minute," Maria said. "Alex has been trained in the art of a girls night out."

"That's true," Liz said suddenly. "Alex can paint nails like there's no tomorrow."

Alex nodded. "It works to have best friends who are girls."

Isabel shook her head. "Sorry, Romeo, but nada."

"Where's the little soiree being held?" Alex asked.

"Isabel's place," Maria said.

"And will your brother be in the house?"

"Will he?!" Liz asked in a high voice. Maria snickered, but stopped when Liz eyed her.

"Nah, he was out when I called home," Isabel said. "It's just us girls."

Maria noticed how Liz's face fell. "Um…we should all hang out tomorrow-the six of us," she suggested.

"All six of who?" Alex asked.

"Me, Liz, Isabel, you, Max, and Michael."

Isabel shifted. "I don't know…Michael's not that big into joining and Max is kinda shy."

"Listen, let's just have fun tonight and we can deal with tomorrow, tomorrow," Liz said.

"You're right," Isabel said. "Tonight is girls night. No boys allowed!"

"Discrimination is illegal," Alex muttered.

Liz and Isabel walked away, but Maria stayed behind. "Sorry buddy, but I can only work on one romance connection at a time."

Alex eyed her. "Who are you talking about?" "Liz and Max." Then Maria patted him on the shoulder and ran to catch up with the others, leaving Alex to stand there and stare.

Part 8 | Index | Part 10
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.