FanFic - Max/Liz
"Hungry Eyes"
Part 1
by Kat
Disclaimer: I don't know who the creator of Roswell is, I know it's 'developed' by Jason Katims. Anyway, the characters are not mine.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: I have absolutely *no* idea who sang or wrote this song, all I know is that it's called 'Hungry Eyes' and it's from the film 'Dirty Dancing' starring Patrick Swazye. Anyway, I love it and it totally suits the fic, if anyone could tell me who writes it though I'd be extremely grateful. Feedback: Please, I love it. sparkle300785@yahoo.com AN2: This is my first ever 'Roswell' fic I just wrote it on a wim. I was gonna do it with Buffy & Angel, but the song suits Max & Liz way better.
Liz Parker pushed open the door of the Crashdown Café and stepped inside.

It was pitch black inside and the brunette couldn't see a thing as she fumbled for the light, but her way was suddenly lit by the shimmering light of a mirror-ball hanging from the ceiling.

A stereo started up at the same time, playing the opening beats of a familiar song.

She walked further into the café, looking for the culprit of this romantic set-up.

Max stepped out in front of her.

She couldn't help but smile, he held a rose in his hand and wore smart black jeans with a tight black top. "Liz," he said softly as the first words of the song belted from the stereo.

//I've been meaning to tell you,
I've got this feeling that won't subside,
I look at you and I fantasize,
You're mine tonight.//

"Max, what are you doing? What is this?" she asked as he handed her the rose and kissed her hand.

He pulled her swiftly into his arms, she gasped.

"I'm just letting you know how I really feel," he answered cryptically.

//Now I've got you in my sights,
With these…
Hungry eyes
One look at you and I can't disguise,
I've got…
Hungry eyes,
I feel the magic between you and I.//

"Max, I…" she tried to protest as they danced.

"Not this time Liz, I'm not gonna let you get away from me," he moved his head so they were cheek to cheek and whispered in her ear, "I love you too much."

Her strong demeanour and no-max policy just melted away, as did her heart as he spun her around and around.

//I wanna hold you so hear me out
I wanna show what love's all about
Darling tonight//

Their dancing flowed in perfect rhythm, none of this was planned, but they knew exactly what each was doing. Taking each step together as they moved across the dance floor as one

They were both tingling all over, they're bodies heated up by each other's presence and closeness. They slid their arms around each, getting as close as possible, but still giving room to dance their dance of love, and passion.

//Now I've got you in my sights,
With these…
Hungry eyes,
One look at you and I can't disguise,
I've got…
Hungry eyes
I feel the magic between you and I,
I've got…
Hungry eyes,
Now I've got you in my sights,
With these…
Hungry eyes,
Not did I take you by surprise.//

"I love you Max," Liz admitted, "and I want you, more than I know." She blushed under his gaze. "I know I said it was over, but I can't, I can't be apart from you for that long, it's just too hard, my heart would've died alone without you."

"So you mean there's a chance that we can get back together?" Max asked, incredulous.

"We were never apart," she whispered as they slowed their movements down.

//I need you to see,
This love was meant to be.//

Max beamed inside and out, she was finally admitting her true feelings.

"What is it Max?" Liz asked.

"Nothing, I was just thinking how happy I am," he admitted.

"Me too," Liz agreed, leaning forward to kiss him.

He responded immediately and pulled her close to him, revelling in her scent, her aura, her being surrounding him, he was drowning in her as their lips devoured each other. Whispers of love passed between them as the kiss intensified even more.

"Max, I want you…" Liz mumbled as his lips pressed against hers once more.

The alien looked questioningly at her, "you mean…you want to…I mean…me too."

Liz smiled, "If we both agree," she slipped her hand into his and their fingers entwined.

Locking the door, Liz whispered, "My parents are away."

"I know," Max replied.

And with that, they entwined their hands once more and Liz lead Max upstairs as the final words of the song drowned out behind them…

//I've got…
Hungry eyes,
One look at you and I can't disguise,
I've got..
Hungry eyes,
I feel the magic between you and I,
I've got…
Hungry eyes,
Now I've got you in my sights
With those…
Hungry eyes,
Did I take you by surprise.
I need you,
Hungry eyes…//

~~~Finis~~~

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.