FanFic - Max/Liz
"I Try"
Part 1
by RoswellPrincess
Disclaimer: Roswell and all it’s character’s belong to Melinda Metz, Jason Katims and all the other wonderful creators of our favorite characters! I’m just borrowing them! Don’t worry I’ll put them back just the way I found them. "Yesterday’s Letter" is from 98 Degrees’s new album "Revelation" and the song belongs to 98 Degrees and their producers and whoever owns that. Please don’t sue! I’m a poor high school student who pays lots of money for Show Choir funds therefore I’m poor!
Summary: Songfic, Liz reflects. This is a companion piece to "Yesterday’s Letter" so please read that one too k!
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Authors Note: This story takes place the day after Destiny and it is in Liz’s POV. FEEDBACK PLEASE!!!!
Games, changes and fears
When will they go from here
When will they stop

I can’t believe that I had to leave him. It's not fair. She gets to have him now and I have to be the one to say it’s over. It’s not fair. I deserve him more than she does. She made him have visions about them together. At least he was attracted to me because of me and not because I tricked him into it.

I believe that fate has brought us here
And we should be together babe
But we're not
I play it off, but I'm dreaming of you
And I'll try to keep my cool, but I'm feelin'

I wonder if he’s thinking about me. Does he still love me or has he moved on to Tess already? Maybe I should go over there and tell him I’m sorry. When I’m sleeping I dream about him. He always comes to me and says "Liz I love you screw my destiny." Then I wake up and It’s a dream and I cry.

I try to say goodbye and I choke
Try to walk away and I stumble
Though I try to hide it, it's clear
My world crumbles when you are not here
Goodbye and I choke
I try to walk away and I stumble
Though I try to hide it, it's clear
My world crumbles when you are not here

It hurt so much to have to leave him. I though maybe he’d come after me. He didn’t. I hope he knows that I still love him more than life itself. He means so much to me. I’d die for Max. That’s why I walked away. Because being with Tess is supposed to be how it is. I try to be strong, I really do, but I can’t. I start to cry.

I may appear to be free
But I'm just a prisoner of your love

Max’s love has me trapped. For some reason I can’t not love him. All I think about is him. Ever since that day he saved my life in the CrashDown, he hasn’t left my mind. I don’t want him to either. I want to always remember what he did for me.

And I may seem all right and smile when you leave
But my smiles are just a front
Just a front, hey
I play it off, but I'm dreaming of you
And I'll try to keep my cool, but I'm feelin'

I hope he understands why I did what I did. It was all about him. It’s always going to be about him. I’ll always try to do what is in his best interest because his happiness is more important to me than mine. That is what unconditional love is. When you care so much about the other person that they mean more to you than you yourself.

I try to say goodbye and I choke
Try to walk away and I stumble
Though I try to hide it, it's clear
My world crumbles when you are not here
Goodbye and I choke
I try to walk away and I stumble
Though I try to hide it, it's clear
My world crumbles when you are not here

I think about what he said to me, "You mean everything to me." Maybe he would be happier if he was with me. Maybe I should listen to what he has to say. I know he loves me. Maybe I’m what’s best for him. Maybe I should just go to sleep.

Here is my confession
May I be your possession
Boy, I need your touch
Your love, kisses and such
With all my might I try
But this I can't deny
Deny

I know that when I go to sleep I will think of him and dream of him. I don’t care. In my dreams we are always happy. I’m not Liz Parker though. I’m always Liz Evans and me and Max have kids. The cutest kids and they have his cute ears. I wanted to be Liz Evans so bad.

I play it off, but I'm dreaming of you
(but I'm dreaming of you babe)
And I'll keep my cool, but I'm feelin'

I hope that someday my dream of being Liz Evans comes true. I hope Tess catches a ride home and leaves me and Max alone. In my dreams she’s always far away where she can’t hurt me or my family. That’s how it should be. I mean what kind of name is Tess Evans anyway?

I try to say goodbye and I choke (yeah)
Try to walk away and I stumble
Though I try to hide, it's clear
My world crumbles when you are not near
(when you are not near aahh)
Goodbye and I choke (yeah, yeah, yeah)
I try to walk away and I stumble (hey, hey, hey)
Though I try to hide it, it's clear (say it Lord)
My world crumbles when you are not here

Now I’ll go to sleep and dream my happy dreams. As I drift away I know that I’ll never stop loving Max no matter what happens. He’ll always be apart of me. He’s touched my life in so many ways that It be impossible to forget him. Maybe tomorrow I’ll tell him how I feel. Tomorrow it will all be better. Yeah tomorrow.

Goodbye and I choke (I'm choking)
I try to walk away and I stumble
Though I try to hide it, it's clear
My world crumbles when you are not near
(when you are not near, yeah, yeah yeah)
Yeah, yeah..

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.