Fanfic - Max/Liz
"I Was Meant For You"
Part 12
by Britt
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Roswell Characters, and the lyrics are by Jewel.
Summary: Liz's life 3 years after the aliens leave to go to Antar.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Now Maria sat here beside Liz, in the present. She thought about how good it was to be friends with them again, and be able to just talk with and see them again. But then she thought about everything they had to go through when they were on Antar, everything they learned, everything they couldn't do, and everything they had to do. It made Maria wish that she could go back and change everything after Max had healed Liz.

Maria thought about Max. She didn't know how he had to deal with everything that had been thrown onto him. It must have been really hard on him, but it was a good thing that he didn't have to go through it alone; he had Isabel and Michael to help him. And also Maria knew that Max also had another thing that had keep him going, and that was Liz. Even that had gone wrong. Maria couldn't help but feel sorry for him.

Just then Maria heard Liz give out a little whimper, and then she felt the bed move a little bit. She quickly looked at Liz. "You okay?" asked Maria.

"Yea, I think so. Maria, I just had the weirdest dream, I dreamed that Max had come back from Antar, and had just walked into Crashdown."

"Ummm, Liz. That isn't so weird after all." said Maria, as she got up to go get the others.

"It isn't? Maria what's going on?" asked Liz, a little scared.

"Just calm down, I'll be right back I promise."

****

"Ummm, Max. Can I talk to you?" asked Isabel, as they left Liz's bedroom.

"Yea sure." said Max, worried about Liz, but still walked over to a corner. "What's up?"

"Well, Michael, Maria and I think that it would be better if the four of us were the only ones there when Liz woke up, so that she wouldn't have a chance to say anything. I just wanted to run this by you just to make sure you're okay with it."

"Yea, I also think that would be a good idea. Is that why Maria offered to stay alone with Liz, and why you guys all exchanged looks with each other?'' asked Max.

"Yup, was it that noticeable? Oh and Maria is going to let us know when she wakes up, so that we can talk to her before he parents or Jeremy." replied Isabel, but she still noticed the little wince Max made when she said Jeremy.

"Thanks, Iz."

"No problem. Oh, Max. I am so sorry about Liz."

"Yea, me too." Max replied, softly.

"Are you two going to join us?" asked Nancy.

"Sorry, we're coming." said Isabel, as she and Max walked over to the couch, and sat down on it beside Michael.

"So how did the two of you meet?" asked Michael, as he looked at Jeremy.

Max shot Michael a dirty look as he asked Jeremy that particular question. Max couldn't believe that Michael had just asked that question. It was bad enough that they were engaged, but Max didn't want to know how they meet. Michael then shot Max a look that said, ' I'm sorry but I'm just curious'.

"Well, if Liz hadn't of moved from Harvard to UCBerkely then I never would have meet her. But because she did, we got a class together and I asked her out over a dozen of times, but every time she said no, until that one special day that she said yes. We went out for coffee, and one thing lead to another and now were engaged." said Jeremy, looking a long time at Max, before turning his attention back on Michael.

Wow, just like that?" asked Michael.

"Just like that." replied Jeremy.

Liz got into Harvard, and I wasn't there for her, thought Max, sadly. But what is this about her going to UCBerkely, Max wondered, and was just about to ask when Jeremy directed a question in his direction.

"So, Liz told me that you and her used to date, back in the day." said Jeremy.

"Yea, we did for a little bit." replied Max, looking straight at Jeremy.

"How did the two of you meet?" asked Jeremy.

Max shifted uncomfortably in his seat before answering Jeremy's question. "We went to school together ever since the 3rd grade."

"Oh okay. So you've had your eyes on her ever since the 3rd grade, Wow." said Jeremy, obviously using Max's uncomfortableness as a weakness.

"Yea, something like that." said Max, steadily, because he knew what Jeremy was doing.

"Liz also told me that you left before your senior year of high school to find your biological parents, because she said that you two were adopted. Did that work out?" asked Jeremy.

How much did she tell him? Would Liz tell him the secret about us? Liz knows the danger if she did tell him, plus if she had he would probably be a little freaked out right now. No, she wouldn't trust him with that...would she? Max didn't know how close the two of them were, so he didn't know. Max also had all of these thoughts running around in his head, that he didn't answer Jeremy's question.

"Yea, it did." said Isabel, for her brother, who obviously was not gonna answer.

"That's great. That's really great that you two found your real parents."

"Actually are real parents will always be the Evans', who found us and raised us up to be the people that we are now." said Isabel, defensively. Max just nodded his head in aggrement to Isabel.

Jeremy was getting ready to say something, just when Maria came out of Liz's bedroom.

"Is she awake?" asked Nancy.

Maria hated having to lie to Liz's parents, but it was for the best. "No, I'm sorry she not up, yet, but I do need to talk with Max, Isabel, and Michael."

"Excuse us." said Max.

"Of course, go right ahead." Nancy said, as she watched Maria, Isabel, Michael, and Max all go into Liz's bedroom.

Part 11 | Index | Part 13
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.