Fanfic - Max/Liz
"I Was Meant For You"
Part 13
by Britt
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Roswell Characters, and the lyrics are by Jewel.
Summary: Liz's life 3 years after the aliens leave to go to Antar.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
"You Were Meant For Me" by: Jewel

*Go about my business, I'm doing fine.
Besides what would I say if I had you on the line.
Same old story, not much to say.
Hearts are broken everyday.
Brush my teeth, put the cap back on.
I know you hate it when I leave the light on.
I pick up a book. Turn the sheets down.
Take a deep breath and a good look around.
Put on my p.j.'s and hop in the bed.
I'm half alive but I feel mostly dead.
I try and tell myself it will all be all right.
I shouldn't think anymore tonight. 'Cause.
Dreams last for so long.
Even after your gone.
I know that you loved me.
And soon you will see.
You were meant for me.
And I was meant for you.*

Max took a deep breath before entering Liz's bedroom, but what he saw made his already broken heart even more broken than before. It was the sight of Liz, and she was lying on her bed with a quilt on top of her. She was as pale as a ghost, and she looked so scared like she had just seen one. Right then Max forgot about everything, Jeremy, Liz's parents, and even Maria, Isabel, and Michael. He walked over to Liz's bed and sat on it, he then picked up the frail women and put her in his lap. Max stroked Liz's hair softly, while rocking Liz's raking form as she sat on his lap and cried into his warm shoulders.

Li couldn't believe what was happening right now. She was sitting in Max Evans lap crying her eyes out on his shoulders while he held her so close to him, like she was going to disappear at any moment.

"It's okay, Liz. Shhh, everything is fine." whispered Max in her hair, as she started to calm down alittle bit.

Finally Liz sat up, and wiped her eyes off. "Oh, my god." said Liz, as she finally looked up into Max's warm, beautiful, amber eyes. Liz and Max stayed like that for a little bit, and nobody dared enough to interrupted them. Liz was the first to break the silence. "I don't believe this, you're really here on Earth." Liz said, not wanting to get to far away from Max, and so she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him close to her so that she could feel his warmth mix in with her's, in a hugging jester.

"Yea, we're finally here." said Max, holding Liz close to him.

Liz pulled back alittle. "We're...ahhh." Liz turned around in Max's embrace and looked at Isabel, Michael, and Maria. She had been so caught up with Max being so near to her, that she hadn't even of noticed them standing there. "Hey, Isabel....Michael." finished Liz as she reluctantly got out of Max's strong arms and hugged both Michael and then Isabel. "It's really good to see you both."

After Liz gave Isabel a long hug, Isabel pulled back and wiped the tears off of Liz's face, and then wiped the tears off of her own face.

Liz then looked at Maria. "You knew about them being here?" asked Liz.

"Yea, I did. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, but you were busy...and you can't say I didn't try!" Maria said.

"It's okay." said Liz, as she gave Maria a hug, too. "Just don't do it again." replied Liz, teasingly.

"Yes, ma'am." replied Maria, as she saluted Liz like she was a general. Liz chuckled alittle. "But babe, I guess were even, now."

"What do you mean?"

"You scared the hell out of me with your little fainting fiasco, and don't YOU ever do that again."

"You scared all of us." said Max, as Isabel and Michael nodded their heads in agreement.

"Yea, like Maria said, don't you ever do that again." said Michael.

"Sorry, it was just so overwhelming seeing you again after 3 years." said Liz, looking at Max.

I can understand that." said Max, giving Liz one of his rare smiles.

"You know you have been gone for 3 years, what happened? Do you know that Tess was the one that killed Alex?" asked Liz, taking a moment to remember her other best friend, that she missed, dearly.

"Yea, we know. But I don't think we have enough time to get into details, because your parents and Jeremy are waiting on you to wake up." said Max, "but I promise we'll explain everything that happened to us on Antar, to you."

Liz nodded her head. "Well I guess you need to go tell my parents, and...umm...Jeremy that I'm up."

"Yea, I'll go do that." said Maria, as she stepped outside.

"You know about me and Jeremy, don't you?" asked Liz, as she walked back to her bed and got back under the quilt.

"Yea, your mom introduced us, it was very interesting." said Max.

"Did she tell you that were...umm...umm..engaged?" Liz asked, softly.

Max took a second to answer. "Yea, I know."

"It was very exhilarating to watch." said Michael, as Isabel slapped him on the arm. "What?"

"I'm so sorry, Max. I really am." said Liz as a single tear ran down her cheek.

"Shhh." said Max, as he wiped away the tear, and just as Liz's parents and Jeremy walked into the room.

Part 12 | Index | Part 14
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.