Fanfic - Max/Liz
"I Was Meant For You"
Part 5
by Britt
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Roswell characters.
Summary: Liz's life 3 years after the aliens left to go to Antar.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Liz pulled up next to the curb, a few blocks away from the Crashdown. This would be the first time Liz had seen her parents and friends in one and a half years. She got out of the Explorer slowly, taking in every detail of this small town. There was a couple of new shops that Liz didn't remember being there, but mostly everything was still as Liz remembered it even the UFO Museum that had always been right across from the Crashdown. Old memories flashed across her mind, as she and Jeremy walked the rest of the way to her parents restaurant.

When they finally got to the door, Jeremy looked inside the building and then he turned and looked at Liz.

"Are you ready?" he asked soothing, which made Liz feel a little bit better knowing that Jeremy would always be there beside her whenever she needed him, all through the way. Actually it comforted her more that she realized it had.

"Yea, I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

"Okay, well then lets go."

"Okay, lets go." said Liz, as she took Jeremy's hand in hers' and they both walked through the door.

The first thing that Liz saw was her mother, standing at the cash register counting and then giving a younger couple their change. It wasn't that busy in the restaurant, some people here and their, because the lunch rush had not yet started.

When Nancy Parker heard the door chime she quickly looked up after she gave a couple their change. What she saw made her heart stop beating for a few seconds. Then she finally got up enough courage, hopping that what she was seeing was right, and said one word that held so many memories and emotions.

"Lizzy." said Nancy hoarsely, trying to fight back the tears that were trying to spill out at that moment.

When Liz heard her mom say her name, she immediatly regretted not calling her parents more often on holidays and stuff over the past 2 years, while she was away. Liz had to keep swallowing so that she could get rid of the big lump in her throat that was forming.

"Yea, Mom. It's me." said Liz, as she jumped in her mother's open arms.

"Oh, my baby. My sweet little girl, you've come home. I missed you so much." said Nancy with tears in her eyes.

"I missed you too, Mom. I am so sorry I haven't called, it's just that it's been..."

"No need for excuses! You're here now, that is all that matters." said Nancy, as she looked down at her daughter. "Jeff, come here. Look and see who stopped by!" yelled Nancy, over Liz's head.

"Nancy, I'm working and I don't have time for company." said Jeff, as he walked in from the back room, where all of the lockers were held, but stopped abruptly when he saw his little girl, who was not so little anymore standing in her mother's arms, looking at him.

"Hi, Daddy." said Liz, as she stepped out of her mother's warm embrace and ran into her fathers'.

"My little girl, I missed you so much." said Jeff

"I missed you too, but I'm not so little anymore." said Liz

"I know, but you will always be my little girl, so don't ever forget that."

"I wont, I promise." said Liz, smiling at her father.

Jeremy was feeling very uncomfortable in this small town, that Liz had never told him about, and with the reunion of Liz and her parents. It also seemed for a moment that Liz had forgotten about him. It didn't bother him that much, because it was good seeing Liz truly so happy.

Liz must have heard his thoughts, because she quickly turned around with her hands covering her small mouth and looked at Jeremy apologetically.

"Oh my gosh...Mom, Dad I want you to meet someone that is very special to me." said Liz, still looking right at Jeremy.

Nancy and Jeff turned and also looked at Jeremy with surprise.

"This is Jeremy Bruce Highland, my fiance. Jeremy these are my parents."

"Your fiance?" asked Nancy, in complete shock.

Liz nodded her head, and went to stand beside Jeremy. "I should have called and told you, but ummm...I don't know why I didn't. Please forgive me." said Liz, pleadingly.

"Oh, Liz. I do.........We do." said Nancy, as she wrapped her arms around Liz in a big reassuring hug.

Jeremy then left Liz's side and walked up to Jeff. "I promise that I will never hurt your daughter, I love her with all of my heart, and I will always do what is in our best interest. I didn't get to ask you before so I want to ask you now. Can I please take your daughter's hand in marriage?" asked Jeremy, eagerly, while extending his hand out to Jeff, waiting patiently for him to take it in return.

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.