Fanfic - Max/Liz
"I Was Meant For You"
Part 9
by Britt
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Roswell Characters, and the lyrics are by Jewel.
Summary: Liz's life 3 years after the aliens leave to go to Antar.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
"You Were Meant For Me" By: Jewel

* I hear the clock at 6 a.m.
I feel so far from where I've been.
Got my eggs and my pancakes too.
Got my maple syrup, everything but you.
Break the yokes to make a smiley face.
I kind of like it in my brand new place.
I wipe the spots off of the mirror.
Don't leave the keys in the door.
Never put the towels in the floor anymore 'Cause.
Dreams last so long.
Even after your gone.
I know that you love me.
And soon you will see.
You were meant for me.
And I was meant for you.*

Max left his parent's house and started to walk to the Crashdown, because he keep telling him self that he was hungry, but deep down he knew that, that was not the reason.

He had been on planet Earth for almost 2 weeks now, and he had never felt like this before. All morning long he had been having a jittery and tingly feeling of excitement inside of him. It was almost like the way he felt when he was around Liz, but that is impossible. Max didn't know where Liz was, and even Maria didn't know where Liz was, if that was even remotely possible.

But it was Isabel who had picked up on his jitteriness and had told him that he needed to get out of the house for a while. So, what a better place to go than the Crashdown...nowhere, so that is where Max had decided to go.

Coming back to Roswell had been the hardest and easiest thing for Max, Isabel, and Michael had ever had to do. They had so many questions from their parents, when they had gotten back, that they had to tell them the truth about who they were. Max had thought that they had taken the news pretty well, considering that they had just found out that their children and Michael were aliens and this whole time had been on their other planet called Antar. While they were on Antar, Max, Isabel, and Michael had learned alot of hard stuff that they had to deal with, but for Max the one thing that kept him going was knowing that his parents and Liz would be waiting for him, when he came back to Earth. Right now, only half of that was true. He didn't want to admit it to himself, but he MISSED Liz...he missed Liz ALOT. He missed the way her silky brown hair fell over her shoulder when she laughed her Liz laugh, the way her whole face ALWAYS lit up when they saw him, and now he was here walking to the place were it all began, and wondering what Liz was doing right now.

Max finally got to the Crashdown. That did not take long, thought Max to himself. He reached out and was about to open the door, when he noticed that his hands were shaking, and he also noticed that the feeling in his stomach was growing bigger and bigger. He quickly grabbed the door handle, and opened it.

When he walked in the Cafe, he got that tingly feeling that he always got and felt when Liz was around. He looked around and noticed that there was a new waitress. Max did a double take, and his heart skipped a beat. The waitress had thick brown hair that was pulled back into a tight ponytail at the bottom of her neck. She quickly turned around from the table that she was cleaning, and what he saw took his breath away.

It was Liz, and she wearing her old Crashdown uniform, and she was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. He knew that she was looking at him, because her eyes got really big, and then the next thing that he knew, Liz's eyes had rolled up in the back of her head, and she started falling.

Max didn't even think about it, he picked up his feet and started running towards Liz. he caught her seconds before she hit the salty floor. He didn't even notice the salt on the floor, or Maria's screams, or Liz's parents, or even the man that looked at Liz, with concern in his eyes. All Max noticed was Liz. His Liz, laying unconscious in his arms.

"Oh my gosh, Lizzy!" screamed Nancy and Maria, at the same time.

"Come on let's take her upstairs to her room." said Jeff, a little to calmly, as Max nodded and gently picked her up into his loving arms in one quick movement, like he had been doing it for years, and followed Jeff up the stairs.

Jeremy did not know who this man was, who held his fiance so gently and caring. What he wanted was to rip this man off of Liz and take her upstairs himself, but right now that wouldn't be of any help to Liz and so with quite a bit of effort on his part, he stood back, and followed everybody to Liz's room.

I can't believe this is happening, I knew I should have stopped Liz while she was working and told her about all of this. This is all happening way to quickly, what do I do? Maria thought to herself of a few seconds and then it hit her she knew what she need to do. She also wanted to go upstairs, but she had to do some things first.

"Sorry for the interruption, but everything is fine now. You fine people can go back to eating your meals." said Maria, to all of the customers who were whispering concerns for the petite brunette who had just fainted in there watching eyes. She then asked Bridge to clean up the spilt salt, before she did the next thing.

Maria walked over to the phone, and called Isabel, and then she called Michael. She told them both to get over to the Crashdown, as fast as they could.

Maria waited less than ten minutes before Isabel and Michael both walked through the doors. She told them everything that happened with Liz, and was surprised that they both were very concerned about Liz right now.

The three of them decided it best for all four of them to be the only ones present when Liz wakes up, so that she doesn't have time to say anything not meaning to, about Max and the others going off to Antar, and then mysteriously reappearing, to her parents or worse to Jeremy. Once they decided that, they all went upstairs to go check on Liz, because they were all (especially Maria) were worried about her.

Part 8 | Index | Part 10
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.