Fanfic - Max/Liz
"I'll Be There"
PrologueAmbrosa
Disclaimer: Roswell, any songs I use, and all other stuff does NOT belong to me. No infringement intended.
Summary: A challenge by Lil Angel: 1) Sean tries to rape Liz and threatens to kill her if she doesn't leave town, 2) They all meet 10 years later, 3) Max- doctor, Liz- scientist, Maria- singer, Isabel- supermodel, Micheal-?, Kyle- Sheriff. 4) Liz is trying to adopt a 4 year old named Ashley (I think this turned out a little darker than the person who wrote the challenge wanted, but the 3 Doors Down lyrics I used put me in the mood.)
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
He spends his nights in California, watching
The stars on the big screen
Then he lies awake and he wonders, why
Can't that be me
Cause in his life he is filled with all these good intentions
He's left a lot of things he'd rather not
Mention right now
But just before he says goodnight, he looks
Up with a little smile at me and he says

If I could be like that, I would
Give anything
Just to live one day, in those shoes
If I could be like that, what would I do,
What would I do

Now and dreams we run
She spends her days up in the north park,
Watching the people as they pass
And all she wants is just a little piece of
This dream, is that too much to ask
With a safe home, and a warm bed, on a quiet little street
All she wants is just that something to
Hold onto, that's all she needs
Yeah!!

If I could be like that,
I would give anything
Just to live one day, in those shoes
If I could be like that, what would I do,
What would I do

I'm falling into this, in dreams
We run away

If I could be like that, I would
Give anything
Just to live one day, in those shoes
If I could be like that, what would I do,
What would I do
What would I do

If I could be like that, I would
Give anything
Just to live one day, in those shoes
If I could be like that, what would I do, what would I do
Falling in
I feel I am falling in, to this again

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Liz smiled as she sat down next to Sean. A big, fake smile. It was their first 'official' date. He had taken her to dinner at Senor Chow's. Liz had barely been able to step through the doors without bursting into tears. She was surprised she wasn't bawling right now.

"Hey," Sean said, obviously oblivious to the fact that she was miserable.

"Hi," she replied.

She managed to talk to him until the waitress came. He ordered Mexican. She ordered Chinese.

Then he started talking about sports, giving her an unwelcome recap of last night's football game. Liz pretended to listen, while playing her game, 'Don't think about Max'. She picked a random object and saw how long she could go without connecting it to Max somehow. She chose the clock on the wall. It was nice. The wood was a pretty color. The numbers were made of an amber medal that looked just like Max's eyes...

She checked the time. 15 seconds. A new record.

"And that touchdown in the last quarter, wow, Liz, it was- Liz? Liz, are you listening?"

Her head snapped up. "Oh, yeah. Touchdown. Great."

He continued his story while Liz launched into another round of her game.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Later, they were walking back to Liz's house. They had gone for ice cream, and Liz thought they must look sort of cute, walking together, holding hands. Sean had moved to baseball, Liz had moved to scouting for Max.

They climbed up onto Liz's roof to say goodnight.

"Thanks, Sean. I had fun," Liz lied.

"Me too." He moved to kiss her. Liz allowed him to, but didn't bother kissing him back. Sean didn't seem to notice. He urged her lips apart with his tongue and deepened the kiss.

She decided she would go along with this. Maybe it would take her mind off Max. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled closer. Sean seemed to taked this as some kind of signal. He picked her up and carried her over to her bed, never breaking the kiss. He sat them both down and continued kissing her.

Liz couldn't keep Max out of her mind. She wished this was Max here with her. Sean laid back and pulled her down on top of him. She wanted to stop him, but didn't know how. Then he slipped two fingers into the waistband of her skirt. She tried to push him away, but he just rolled over on top of her to keep her from moving.

"Sean. No."

"Come on, Parker. It'll be great."

He unzipped her skirt and pulled it off. Then he took off her thong and moved to unbutton his pants. When he moved one of his hands, she kicked him and pushed him away. She stood up, pulling on the sweatpants she had nearest her bed.

"Sean! What the fuck is wrong with you?"

He just moved to attack her again. Liz shifted out of his way, causing him to land with a hard thump on her floor.

"Liz, I'll kill you. Leave tonight and never come back or I'll kill you."

She turned white. Grabbing her purse, she turned and ran. She kept running all night. She couldn't believe what had happened. She didn't know where she'd go or what she'd do, but she couldn't stop. She kept moving all night on the rhythm of her steps. Clap, clap, clap, they went against the sidewalk. Clap, clap, clap...

TBC?

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.