FanFic - Max/Liz
"It's Not Fair"
Part 5
by RJ
Disclaimer: I do not own anything except my head, especially including, but not limited to, Roswell, all the characters, episodes, etc.
Summary: Max and Liz talk, a lot, set after Christmas Carol.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Max returned home at midnight, his parents didn’t even really notice he was gone. They were wrapped up in each other. Isabel had returned, but he evaded her. He got in his room, locked the door and called Maria again. *Here goes nothing. * he thought to himself.

“Hello?” Maria answered groggily.

Max started acting. “Maria, I’m sorry I woke you, but I have great news, you were so right!”

“Max? I was?” she was confused.

“Yeah, I thought about everything. And then I went and saw Liz, and I got her to tell me everything! It was great!” Max’s lie was flawless. His voice had the perfect combination, of dreaminess, happiness, and excitement. Maria ate it up.

“Oh my gosh, this is so cool. She told you how it was all a set up?” Maria squeaked. She was happy for her friend.

“Yeah, and we’re back together and everything!” he cried.

“Oh that totally makes sense! Since, you know, she never slept with Kyle and stuff,” Maria said.

“Right!” Max said, but his voice had lost some excitement because of the new realization. “And I have you to thank Maria. You were the one who inspired me! You were right about how she did it all for me.”

“In more ways than one,” Maria said, less enthused. She noticed Max’s falter.

“Um, yeah,” Max agreed, trying to hide his confusion.

He didn’t hide it well. “Max, did she tell you the part about how Tess put her up to all of it?” Maria asked coyly.

“Yeah,” Max answered, sure as ever.

“Nice try Maxy, didn’t happen,” Maria said. “And I don’t appreciate being lied to!”

Max mentally kicked himself. “Yeah, Maria, I’m sorry. I hate all this lying. But I have to know. I just have this feeling, despite what Liz says, if all this gets out, she and I can finally be together again.”

Maria sighed. “I know that’s your intention. That’s why I’m not going to kill you, even though Liz is going to get to both of us.”

“So, she didn’t sleep with Kyle?” Max asked excitedly.

“No, she didn’t,” Maria answered.

Max smiled, “Thank you Maria, for just that much.”

“Your welcome. Now I’m going back to bed. I’ll talk to you later. Bye,” Maria said.

“Bye,” Max said. He hung up the phone again, and went to sleep too, happy. He had some peace. Liz hadn’t betrayed him, and he could figure the details out later. Maybe it would turn out ok.

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.