Fanfic - Max/Liz
"Kiss The Rain & The Crying Game"
Part 1
by Najilia
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or anything affiliated with this spectacular show! I also do not own the lyrics to “Kiss the Rain” by Billie Myers, I believe they are either hers or her record companies.
Summary: A short, sweet, dreamy reunion! (Summer between Jr. and Senior year)
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: This is my first fan fic and feedback is greatly appreciated! Also, if anyone wants to write to me in Spanish, that would be awesome!!!!! I’m sorry if this gets a little sappy and/or I talk a bit too much about Max (mmmmm, he is sooooo hot!) but I’m at an all girls boarding school and I miss guys more than you can imagine! (Especially Brian and Gerald-lol Elfie and Sawa!) Lastly I wanted to extend my deepest thanks to my two best friends in the whole world, Emily and Sarah (AKA Elfie and Sawa), for all of their support and assistance throughout this entire process. (And many sleepless sleepovers working on my other three soon-to-be-finished fan fics!) I Luv you guys (IATNSW!!!!) Fristers Forever!!!!!! ENJOY!!!! Oh and one more thing! If you either have the song “Kiss the Rain” or have the ability to download it….do it, the fan fic works better with the music!!!
I looked glumly out of the back door of the Crash Down and sighed. I was glad in a way to see that the café was packed but I was also disappointed because I had wanted to get in some time for myself. I hadn’t had a spare second to think of all of the newly aroused dilemmas in my life at this point in the last four days, so they had been eating away at my stomach like a heavily acidic food. Checking the clock, which read 8:25, I gave a tiny frown, realizing that I had to get back to work in five minutes, but I did however decide to devote those five moments to thinking about my various problems. Being as scientific as I am, I took out my order book and a pen and made a list, leaving a few lines space to jot down a solution or two.

Problems and Why

1. Max- He loves me, but we’re not together officially. But we have kissed three times passionately since Tess’s departure.

2. Shawn – We’ve made out several times ands though I LOVE Max, I don’t want to hurt Shawn. But on the other token, I still want to be friends with him.

3. Stress- EVERYTHING is stressing me out! I’m about ready to pull my hair out of my scalp and flush it down the toilet! Nothing I seem to do goes right and I have just about had it!

4. Life- I am so confused! I’m pulled one way one day, another way the next, and yet a different direction the day after that! I’m not very sure where I’m going or where I belong though I know that I will definitely be with Max (Which solves the Shawn and Max problems! For now at least.) One way or the other, but I don’t know which other direction is right!

I sat back and read my list silently to myself, shaking my head at my pathetic problems. Well, it’s not to say that they were miniscule or unimportant, considering the fact that they all tied into the whole “Max, Isabel and Michael are aliens and Tess, who was a friend of the groups and is pregnant with Max’s child, but is actually evil and killed Alex, then she went back to their home planet and tried to bring Max, Izzy and Michael with her because the evil leader of their planet wanted to kill three of the royal four and turn the baby to the dark side.” bit, but they still were a small fragment of the whole big picture. As I continued to stare at the list in front of me, I heard the faint but distinct sound of thunder in the distance, and the light thud of rain pelting down upon Roswell. At the same time, I felt a presences enter the room and sit down next to me. Without even looking, I realized that it was my best friend, Maria, who had come to get me so I could begin my shift.

“Liz, why are you sitting there looking so depressed that I’m tempted to call a doctor and get you a major prescription for Paxel?” Maria asked me, placing both of her hands on my shoulders, concerned.

“Huh? Oh, I’m fine, just deep in thought,” I responded nonchalantly, still gazing blankly at my list.

“Let me see that,” Maria insisted, pulling my order pad out of my slack hands. As she did that, I put the back of my pen up to my mouth and began to chew on it for lack of anything better to do.

“Liz, Liz, Liz. You’re not suppose to tell a pad of paper your problems, that’s what a best friend is for. Now, tell me what’s wrong, and I’ll see what I can do . . .” Maria was cut off by my father bellowing from the kitchen.

“Elizabeth! Maria! If the two of you don’t get your butts back in here, you’ll both be looking for new jobs!”

“I think that we better get going, because my father is the type of guy who sticks to his promises, if you know what I mean!” I said hurriedly as I hopped up from the worn out sofa in the lounge area.

Maria trailed after me as I pushed the swinging door out and stepped into the packed café.

“I can see why we’re needed,” Maria mumbled, a hint of tiredness creeping into her voice as she spoke.

As I dove back into “perfect waitress mode” and walked toward my section with a tray of steaming chili perched on one hand and one of drinks on the other, I noticed Max and Isabel walk through the front door of the Crash Down. I offered the two a quick smile and motioned for them to sit in my section so I could talk to Max. He automatically did so and his sister followed easily behind him. I laughed quietly and quickly as I watched Isabel pull out her make-up mirror and open it. As she glanced at her face, a look of horror spread across it, succeeded by en “ewwww”. Max chuckled and shook his head as Isabel got up poignantly and walked suavely to the restroom to fix her hair and face. As she passed me she gave a small wave and a “go talk to Max, he’s been whining about you all day again” look so I did just as she suggested. I strolled casually over to the both in which Max was situated and pulled my order book out of my silver, “alien” head shaped apron. However, instead of taking his order, I engaged him in casual conversation.

“Hey, weird weather for the dry season, isn’t it?” I asked in a voice that was way to phony to be talking to Max in.

“Yeah. I don’t know about you, but I think things have gotten stranger between us since Tess left, don’t you agree?” Max asked, hitting the nail on the head about what I had really been wanting to say.

“I’d have to concur with you on that matter,” I said quietly as I glanced around the restaurant before sliding into the booth next to Max.

Max took my face into his hands, his thumbs softly caressing my cheeks. “I love you more then anything that has ever or will ever exist. Anywhere. I know you know that, Liz. But I also know that things are going to continue to be weird between us until we resolve this entire mess. If I could have it my way, you would still be my girlfriend and we never would have broken up and Tess would not be pregnant. But the fact of the matter is that we did break up and Tess is pregnant, and because of that, this isn’t in my hands, Lizzybeth, it’s in yours. And you need to know that whatever your final decision might be, that I want to know right away. However, if your final decision is to just be friends, we will never go back to the way we were. Ever.” Max finished, my chin still cupped in his hands.

He let go of my face and looked me square in the eye. His honey-hazel stargazing soul windows glistened with unshed tears and his lips were gently parted, waiting for my response.

“Max I . . .” I began as Isabel slid back into the booth across from us.

She started to get up again as she spoke “Maybe I should, um, go talk to Maria, because you two seem to be talking about something really important.”

“Oh, no, I was just about to get up and take your orders, so what do the two of you want?” I asked, attempting to sound casual again.

“Um, I think that I’m all set, Max?” Isabel answered and asked, noticing the intense look on her brother’s face.

“Yeah, I’m okay too, so I think that we’ll just leave,” he responded, avoiding eye contact with me.

“Alright, that’s fine. I’ll talk to you guys tomorrow?” I asked of the both of them.

“Kay.” They answered in unison.

As they began to walk away, I went back to my job, trying to do my best to get my mind off Max.

After another hour, the restaurant had emptied out and the rain was falling harder. I took the last bill from the last customer and turned the “Yes, we’re open” sign to the “Sorry, we’re closed” side and sighed. Maria walked up behind me and put her hands on my shoulders and her head on top of her right hand.

“Long day, Liz?” She asked in her “I already know the answer but I’m asking anyway” voice.

“Hmm, oh, yeah,” I answered, not paying much attention to my best friend.

“I’ve got to go home now, or my mom’ll have a cow, ‘cause I’m still grounded from that night she caught me when I was trying to sneak out to visit Michael.” Maria said as she grabbed her purse from the table that she had dropped it on just moments before.

I gave her a hug, we said our good-byes and I watched her step into the rain and begin to run to her car.

I pushed myself up off the counter that I was leaning on and walked slowly towards the back of the Crash Down so I could haul myself upstairs and onto my balcony. I always thought better sitting in the rain. After I got up to my room, I pulled off my uniform and tossed it on the floor with no intentions of picking it up until the morning. I yanked on a pair of Joe Boxers and a plain white tank top . I turned on my stereo, which was usually on WROZ, a mostly alternative and punk rock station, yet instead, it was on KISS 107.9, and a song by a women named Billie Myers was floating through my otherwise silent room.

Hello?

Can you hear me?

Am I getting through to you?

Hello?

Is it late there?

There’s laughter on the line,

Are you sure you’re there alone?

‘Cause I’m trying to explain,

Something’s wrong,

You just don’t sound the same.

Why don’t you (why don’t you)

Go outside (go outside)

Kiss the Rain!

Whenever you need me.

Kiss the Rain!

Whenever I’m gone too long.

If your lips feel lonely and thirsty

Kiss the Rain!

And wait for the dawn

Keep it mine!

We’re under the same skies

And the nights

Are as empty for me as for you

If you feel

You can’t wait till morning

Kiss the Rain!

Kiss the Rain!

Kiss the Rain!

Hello?

Do you miss me?

I hear you say you do,

But not the way I’m missing you

What’s new?

How’s the weather?

Is it stormy where you are?

‘Cause I’m so close,

But it feels like you’re so far

Oh would it mean anything?

If you knew what I’m left imagining?

In my mind (in my mind)

Would you go? (would you go?)

Kiss the Rain?

As you fall,

Over me

Think of me!

Think of me!

Think of me!

Only me!

Kiss the rain!

Whenever you need me

Kiss the Rain!

Whenever I’m gone too long

If your lips

Feel hungry and tempted

Kiss the rain!

And wait for the dawn

Keep it mine!

We’re under the same skies

And the nights

Are as empty for me as for you

If you feel

You can’t wait till morning

Kiss the Rain!

Kiss the Rain!

Kiss the Rain!

Kiss the Rain!

Kiss the Rain!

Kiss the Rain!

Kiss the Rain!

Hello?

Can you hear me?

Can you hear me?

Can you hear me?

I turned up my radio, climbed through my open window and into the pouring rain. I sat down upon my lawn chair and let the song and the rain seep into every part of my body and felt them both penetrate straight through to my bones. It was cold, but I only responded to my intense shivering by pulling my knees to my chest and interlocking my arms, still thinking about what Max had said to me. I looked up to the rain, silently wishing that it could speak, that the cool water droplets could be my mentors, my guiding rivers of truth, bringing me back from sanity and out of the clutches of this sick cycle carousel that my life had been unwillingly thrown atop. And then, as if someone of a higher power heard my pleadings, Max’s face appeared over the lip of my balcony where my latter sat. He continued to climb upward, stepping cautiously from one rung to the next, until he was able to hoist himself over the ledge and onto solid ground again. I didn’t move from my semi-fetal position, but I only turned my head to allow my eyes to meet his. He walked wordlessly towards me, looking deep into my eyes, exposing his soul, as well as mine. He knew the truth about everything; he had known it since the day Tess left, making me even more vulnerable to his deep russet pools. I began to shiver even harder, not because of the persistent wind and rain, but because of his intense presence, his eyes sinking hard into my soul and his love searing my heart with feelings of deep passion and remorse for my actions. Without a word, he carefully sat beside me on my white lawn chair and with his amazingly strong and well-toned arms, he pulled me into his arms and cradled me like a small babe.

“Max, I . . . I,” my voice cracked and stumbled as I sought out the right words through my tear-soaked mind.

He looked down at my face and shook his head, silently putting my mind at ease and my heart into the heavens. “I know. You don’t need to say a word. It’s going to be you and me forever, no matter what.” He murmured with intense passion, placing a loving kiss on my turned up cheek. “Liz, baby, you’re shaking! And you’re burning up, but the rest of you is so cold and wet,” he whispered, tender concern seeping out of his melodic and gentle voice. “I’m taking you inside and getting you into some dry clothes, okay?”

I nodded the best I could, because for some reason I had lost every ounce of strength that was left in my body. He stood and cautiously walked across the slippery cement rooftop to my open window and climbed through with extreme care. Placing me on my bed, he proceeded to pass his hand over my body until every inch of me was warm and dry. He then retrieved a heavy fleece from my closet and assisted me in pulling it over my head. Once he was also dry, he took off his shoes and placed them by my bedside, and then situated himself next to me.

“I’m sorry, Max” I choked out, fighting back the ever-present tears.

“What are you sorry for, sweetheart? You haven’t done a thing!” He exclaimed as I curled into his lap.

“For everything. For lying to you, for forcing you to be with Tess, for perpetuating this entire mess, for almost falling for Sean, for hurting you . . .” I managed to choke out before the sobs racked my body again. I laughed inwardly when I had realized that this had become a regular thing within the last six months, all I had been doing was playing a painful crying game, and the solution to the entire thing had been wrapped around my little finger and I didn’t even realize.

“Oh, baby, my baby, my Liz. There is no reason to apologize for anything. I love you and you me. That is all that matters. This is a bond forever, and the past was the past. Remember, ‘follow your heart’, it is always right. So no ‘I’m sorrys” anymore.” Max spoke softly, drying my tears with his thumb.

“I love you, Max. I love you more then life it self. I just want you to know that,” I say as I look up at his face, a smile playing on my lips through my saline rivers.

“That’s all that I wanted to hear,” he answers, bringing his warm, luscious lips to mine.

The kiss we share is one of insane desire and passion, but also strong love and sensuality. Our lips part and I crawl under the covers, motioning for him to join me. He eagerly does so, and soon I am so wrapped up in him, I don’t know where my body ends and his begins.

“Please stay the night,” I beg into his toned chest.

“I wouldn’t have it any other way, Liz. No more tears? It hurts me so much to see you cry.”

I shake my head against his pectorals, “no more tears, I promise.”

ed in her “I already know the answer but I’m asking anyway” voice.

“Hmm, oh, yeah,” I answered, not paying much attention to my best friend.

“I’ve got to go home now, or my mom’ll have a cow, ‘cause I’m still grounded from that night she caught me when I was trying to sneak out to visit Michael.” Maria said as she grabbed her purse from the table that she had dropped it on just moments before.

I gave her a hug, we said our good-byes and I watched her step into the rain and begin to run to her car.

I pushed myself up off the counter that I was leaning on and walked slowly towards the back of the Crash Down so I could haul myself upstairs and onto my balcony. I always thought better sitting in the rain. After I got up to my room, I pulled off my uniform and tossed it on the floor with no intentions of picking it up until the morning. I yanked on a pair of Joe Boxers and a plain white tank top . I turned on my stereo, which was usually on WROZ, a mostly alternative and punk rock station, yet instead, it was on KISS 107.9, and a song by a women named Billie Myers was floating through my otherwise silent room.

Hello?

Can you hear me?

Am I getting through to you?

Hello?

Is it late there?

There’s laughter on the line,

Are you sure you’re there alone?

‘Cause I’m trying to explain,

Something’s wrong,

You just don’t sound the same.

Why don’t you (why don’t you)

Go outside (go outside)

Kiss the Rain!

Whenever you need me.

Kiss the Rain!

Whenever I’m gone too long.

If your lips feel lonely and thirsty

Kiss the Rain!

And wait for the dawn

Keep it mine!

We’re under the same skies

And the nights

Are as empty for me as for you

If you feel

You can’t wait till morning

Kiss the Rain!

Kiss the Rain!

Kiss the Rain!

Hello?

Do you miss me?

I hear you say you do,

But not the way I’m missing you

What’s new?

How’s the weather?

Is it stormy where you are?

‘Cause I’m so close,

But it feels like you’re so far

Oh would it mean anything?

If you knew what I’m left imagining?

In my mind (in my mind)

Would you go? (would you go?)

Kiss the Rain?

As you fall,

Over me

Think of me!

Think of me!

Think of me!

Only me!

Kiss the rain!

Whenever you need me

Kiss the Rain!

Whenever I’m gone too long

If your lips

Feel hungry and tempted

Kiss the rain!

And wait for the dawn

Keep it mine!

We’re under the same skies

And the nights

Are as empty for me as for you

If you feel

You can’t wait till morning

Kiss the Rain!

Kiss the Rain!

Kiss the Rain!

Kiss the Rain!

Kiss the Rain!

Kiss the Rain!

Kiss the Rain!

Hello?

Can you hear me?

Can you hear me?

Can you hear me?

I turned up my radio, climbed through my open window and into the pouring rain. I sat down upon my lawn chair and let the song and the rain seep into every part of my body and felt them both penetrate straight through to my bones. It was cold, but I only responded to my intense shivering by pulling my knees to my chest and interlocking my arms, still thinking about what Max had said to me. I looked up to the rain, silently wishing that it could speak, that the cool water droplets could be my mentors, my guiding rivers of truth, bringing me back from sanity and out of the clutches of this sick cycle carousel that my life had been unwillingly thrown atop. And then, as if someone of a higher power heard my pleadings, Max’s face appeared over the lip of my balcony where my latter sat. He continued to climb upward, stepping cautiously from one rung to the next, until he was able to hoist himself over the ledge and onto solid ground again. I didn’t move from my semi-fetal position, but I only turned my head to allow my eyes to meet his. He walked wordlessly towards me, looking deep into my eyes, exposing his soul, as well as mine. He knew the truth about everything; he had known it since the day Tess left, making me even more vulnerable to his deep russet pools. I began to shiver even harder, not because of the persistent wind and rain, but because of his intense presence, his eyes sinking hard into my soul and his love searing my heart with feelings of deep passion and remorse for my actions. Without a word, he carefully sat beside me on my white lawn chair and with his amazingly strong and well-toned arms, he pulled me into his arms and cradled me like a small babe.

“Max, I . . . I,” my voice cracked and stumbled as I sought out the right words through my tear-soaked mind.

He looked down at my face and shook his head, silently putting my mind at ease and my heart into the heavens. “I know. You don’t need to say a word. It’s going to be you and me forever, no matter what.” He murmured with intense passion, placing a loving kiss on my turned up cheek. “Liz, baby, you’re shaking! And you’re burning up, but the rest of you is so cold and wet,” he whispered, tender concern seeping out of his melodic and gentle voice. “I’m taking you inside and getting you into some dry clothes, okay?”

I nodded the best I could, because for some reason I had lost every ounce of strength that was left in my body. He stood and cautiously walked across the slippery cement rooftop to my open window and climbed through with extreme care. Placing me on my bed, he proceeded to pass his hand over my body until every inch of me was warm and dry. He then retrieved a heavy fleece from my closet and assisted me in pulling it over my head. Once he was also dry, he took off his shoes and placed them by my bedside, and then situated himself next to me.

“I’m sorry, Max” I choked out, fighting back the ever-present tears.

“What are you sorry for, sweetheart? You haven’t done a thing!” He exclaimed as I curled into his lap.

“For everything. For lying to you, for forcing you to be with Tess, for perpetuating this entire mess, for almost falling for Sean, for hurting you . . .” I managed to choke out before the sobs racked my body again. I laughed inwardly when I had realized that this had become a regular thing within the last six months, all I had been doing was playing a painful crying game, and the solution to the entire thing had been wrapped around my little finger and I didn’t even realize.

“Oh, baby, my baby, my Liz. There is no reason to apologize for anything. I love you and you me. That is all that matters. This is a bond forever, and the past was the past. Remember, ‘follow your heart’, it is always right. So no ‘I’m sorrys” anymore.” Max spoke softly, drying my tears with his thumb.

“I love you, Max. I love you more then life it self. I just want you to know that,” I say as I look up at his face, a smile playing on my lips through my saline rivers.

“That’s all that I wanted to hear,” he answers, bringing his warm, luscious lips to mine.

The kiss we share is one of insane desire and passion, but also strong love and sensuality. Our lips part and I crawl under the covers, motioning for him to join me. He eagerly does so, and soon I am so wrapped up in him, I don’t know where my body ends and his begins.

“Please stay the night,” I beg into his toned chest.

“I wouldn’t have it any other way, Liz. No more tears? It hurts me so much to see you cry.”

I shake my head against his pectorals, “no more tears, I promise.”

“I love you, I always have and I always will,” Max reiterated, as he kissed the top of my head and freeing me of my fever.

“I love you, too. I love you too,” were the last words to flow from my mouth before I fell into a deep slumber listing to the rain falling upon our little town, and the beating of a heart that will love me forever.

THE END

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.