FanFic - Max/Liz
"Last Beautiful Girl"
Part 2
by Girl_Interrupte
Disclaimer: I, in no way, am associated with the actors, writers, producers, etc. of Roswell. The rights to the show belong to: 20th Century Fox, Jason Katims, and the WB.
Summary: Takes place after “End of the World.” It contains spoilers (if you haven‘t seen EOTW), so be warned. A turning a point in the Max/Liz relationship.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is the sequel to, “Returning to Normal.” If you haven’t read that, it’s highly suggested that you read it. If you don’t you may not get this story.
“Okay, your turn!” I laughed.

Madison and I were sitting on my bedroom floor eating brownies, and playing the “Tell Your Story” game. We invented it when we first became friends, it was our way of getting to know each other better.

“Okay, the topic is love. Have you ever been in it?” She asked.

I had avoided this topic for as long as possible. Every time she asked about my love life, I had managed to change the subject. I had used every excuse possible, now I was drawing a blank.

“And this time, let’s be honest. Don’t change the subject like you’ve done the past million times I’ve asked.”

Damn. I thought it hadn’t been noticeable, but I guess I was wrong. “I thought you wouldn’t notice.” I said, honestly.

“Look, you can tell me anything. I love you, and I’ll be here for you no matter what.” She pulled me into a hug.

I couldn’t tell her everything, obviously. But I guess it wouldn’t hurt for her to know some of the story.

“Where to start.” It was a statement, not a question, “At the beginning of sophomore year, I met this boy. He was the most amazing, incredible, charming person I’ve ever met.”

“Wow.” She smiled, dreamily.

“Yeah, major wow. His eyes, he had the most beautiful, deep eyes. I could stare in them forever. At first, he thought it’d be better if we were just friends. Eventually, though, we became more than just friends. Then, this girl came to town, and she became good friends with his sister. Well, one thing led to another, and they kissed. I forgave him, because I knew he knew that it was wrong. But in the end, I couldn’t handle the situation that was going on. Things just got too complicated. So I went to my Aunt and Uncle’s for the summer. When I got back, I wanted to make a fresh start, but I saw him and all of that fell away.”

I took a few deep breathes to collect myself.

“In the end, I knew that I had to leave. So, I decided to move here with Aunt Sandra.” I finished.

“See, now don’t you feel better?” She smiled.

The amazing thing was, that I felt so much better.

“Yeah, I do.”

---------------------------------------------------

This had to be the lamest movie ever made. Literally. I could barely keep my eyes open. But it wouldn’t be polite if I did sleep, plus there’s that snoring problem.

“Yeah, so this movie sucks.” Tess whispered into my ear.

“Thank God you said that, I couldn’t take another minute.” I whispered back.

“I’m ready to stab myself in the eye with my straw. You wanna get out of here?”

“Yeah, let’s go. We can stop by the Crashdown and get something to eat.” We started toward the exit of the theater.

Tess and I had become incredibly close since Liz left. Not boyfriend/girlfriend close, just really good friends. It felt good to have someone to talk to about everything.

We took a seat at one of the booths, not needing to open the menus. I glanced around to see who was working, and saw Maria heading toward us.

“Welcome to the Crashdown, what can I get for you?” She said, with false cheeriness.

“Um, Maria. Are you feeling okay?” Tess asked.

“Mr. Parker is evaluating us tonight, and so, hence the greeting.” She replied through her smile.

“Oh, okay. We’ll just have the usual.” It wasn’t really necessary that I said that, she already knew what we were going to order.

“I’ll be back in a moment with your drinks.” She walked away, and Mr. Parker came up to the booth.

“Hey kids. Having fun?”

Mr. Parker always seemed to be in a good mood, no matter what. I didn’t know how he managed it with all the stress of the restaurant.

“We’re doing good Mr. Parker, and yourself?” I asked, politely.

“Good, good. Business is really doing well. In fact, I’m going to have to hire some new waitresses soon.” He scratched his head.

“Here you go.” Maria set down our drinks.

“You don’t have to be Ms. Perfect Employee around your friends, Maria.” Mr. Parker laughed.

“Thank you!” She giggled.

“I have some good news for you guys.” His eyes got wide.

Last time he had “good news” it was that the new milkshake machine had come in. I could only imagine what he was going to say.

“Guess who’s coming to Roswell!”

“Uh, some really big UFOlogist?” Tess spoke up.

“The dude that inspects the greasers?” Maria said, seriously.

“Nope, neither of them. You kids are going to love this.”

“Come on Mr. Parker, tell us. You’re getting us all anxious.” Maria whined.

“Liz is coming home.”

I spit out the cola that was in my mouth.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.