FanFic - Max/Liz
"Last Chance"
Part 1
by Rika
Disclaimer: I do not ownany of the Roswell charactres, sadly....
Summary: Liz presses Max to make the final desition about their love.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Liz Parker was cleaning up at the Crashdown cafe, looking around nervously. When would Maxget here? What do I say?, she wondered.

Max Evans had been the love of her life, ever since the fated night at the Crashdown, when Liz had gotten shot, & Max healed her. Liz thought to herself. I though we had something special. But it's been up and down, like a roller coaster, between me and Max.

I never know what to feel!

Max Evans softly rapps on the door to the restaurant. Liz lets him in. "Hey." says Max. "Hey", Liz repeats. "So..what is it that you wanted to talk about, Liz?" asked Max, although in his heart he knew the answer.

"Max, you know." Liz said softly. "I love you. You know that, right?" "I'd do anything for you, right?"

"Yes, Liz, I believe you would." said Max solemly.

"Then why won't you do this for me, Max? Why?" Liz burst out angrily. She loked startled, as if she was surprised is came from her.

"Sorry, I'm..sorry." " Liz,"Max said quietly, stepping towards her, caressing her face with his gentle hand, "you know why we can't do this."

"Tell me Max, remind me again." Liz persisted. "liz, it's to dangerous! You know that and so do I!! Do you know how hard this is for me?"shouted Max!

"No, Max I don't.", Liz told him, backing up a little. "You have the power to make the hurting stop, Max, for both of us." Liz reminded him.

Max moved towards her again, slowly. "No, Liz, I don't. We both agreed not to 'be together', both of us. It hurts so much, but it's right, Liz, it is!"

"Max, I don't think it is. How can you say that? I thought you loved me, Max!" Liz's eyes showed the pain she was feeling,started to water.

At That moment, Max wanted to run to her, but he knew he couldn't. "Can't you see, this is killing me!" Liz cried out. She put her hands to her face, to hide what was left of her dignity, and ran sobbing out the door, and down the street.

Max ran after her." Liz!!! Wait!" he yelled, but she kept running, and she was out of sight.

How could I have done this? Max wondered. To the person who means the most to me? But this is the way it has to be, isn't it? Of course, he hurridly asnwered himself, started the walk home.

End of part one

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.