FanFic - Max/Liz
"Last Chance"
Part 2
by Rika
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Roswell characters, sadly....
Summary: Liz presses Max to make the final decision about their love.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This story stemmed from an epiphany that struck me while I was going pee. It's my first attempt at fanfic so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Just go easy on me. Also many thanks to all the talented Roswell porn writers that have given me more Michael Guerin fantasy material than I ever could have dreamed up on my own in my lonely little bedroom. That said, I hope you enjoy this.
8:30 the next morning----------------------

Liz Parker heard her alarm go off, for the 13th time. "Damn," she thought to herself, and turned it off.

Suddenly, memories came flooding back to her of last night. The fight she'd had with Max, and how she'd ran off, after he'd said they couldn't be together.

She even admitted she loved him, and.......he didn't even care. Tears started to well up in her eyes, so Liz sharply told herself "Pull yourself together!" and slowly rolled over to look at the clock. "Damn!" she cursed loudly. It was 8:30! School had started an hour ago! Liz threw some clothes on, grabbed her bag, and ran out the door of her house to her car. She got in, slammed the door, and sped off, towards Roswell High.

Same time, @ Max's house-------------------

Max Evans awoke with a start to the earsplitting scream of his alarm, or at least it was loud to him. He stood up quickly, looking around, trying to remember last night's events. Oh my God! Max thought to himself, what did I do to Liz! We had that fight, and she said...she said she loved me! and I was too scared to open-up to her, once again, and she ran! I made her so upset that she ran away! What is wrong with me? Max wondered.

He looked in the mirror to realize he was still wearing his clothes from yesterday. I must've feel asleep, I was thinking about our fight last night so much, he concluded. Max slowly returned to his bed, and sat down on the edge of it, thinking. No matter how much it hurts, no matter how much I want Liz, and want to hold her, does that make it right? he asked himself. Does wanting something so badly that it hurts you make it the right choice?

And this is a big choice! If I choose to ignore my feelings for Liz, then I hurt her, and if I let myself keep being in love with her, then what? Max then realized the true danger he was in.

What if Valenti or Kyle, or anyone found-out that Liz and I were together? If Valenti even threatens to touch one hair on Liz's head, I swear.... but, at the same time, he could threaten me so easily! If Liz was in danger at all...I'd sacrifice myself for her. My secret is so easily found out, and so hard to protect! Is the love of my life really worth my life? Max forced himself to think long and hard about this.

@ Roswell High--------------------------

As soon as Liz pulled up into the parking lot, she knew there was something wrong. "What the....." Liz trailed off as she got a full view of the lot. There were about 4 cars in it, all together. "This is not good!" Liz whispered to herself. Maybe it's just a late start day.... Liz struggled to think.......and I'm the only one coming? She finished her thought realizing just how stupid it was. As she slowly surveyed the lot, her eyes started to water once more. Liz got really mad, as she thought. "If Max Evans thinks he can treat me like ..... a toy he can play with," Liz announced to the parking lot, "then he has another thing coming!" she yelled, flooring the gas, and speeding out of the lot, heading who knows where.

Liz returned to the Crashdown, and walked upstairs, to her room. She slammed the door, and sat down on her bed, looking to the answering machine. She pushed message, and the machine beeped "You have 37 new messages."

What? Liz wondered, shocked. She listened in anger, still mad @ Max. The first 3 calls were hang ups. The next few were pretty normal. "Hey Liz, its me, ....I mean Max. Call me." "Hey Liz, its Max, you know, Evans. So can you call me?" "Liz, we need to talk. Call me." "That message before, it was...me. It was I mean, me like....damnit." Stuff like that.

The final 20 were pretty much along the lines of pathetic. "Liz, you don't have to talk to me, but don't ignore me! Well.. I mean, we need to talk, that's if you want to though." "Please just talk to me." "I know you're there Liz, stop it. Pick up the phone." "Please, Liz, please. Pick up the...-Max pauses in an effort to control himself- just pick up the phone, please." The last message broke Liz's heart. "Liz, I'm sorry. But I can't stand it anymore, having to put you through all this pain. I'm ...going. I'm leaving Roswell. So please forgive me, for everything" - Max breaks down, sobbing- "I.....I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you."

Liz sat on her bed, stunned. She played the message over several times, listening in horror. Max...what was he..what? Leaving Roswell? He called 37 times, why did....? Why........oh god. He must've been thinking about yesterday, and.... oh my god! Liz jumped up. "No!!!" she screamed. "I have to stop him!!" was the only thing that raced through her mind as she ran downstairs.

She skidded on the gravel driveway, but re-gained her ballance, didn't fall, and reached her car. She threw open the door and practically dove in, starting the car, and drove at top speeds. I have to find Max! she panicked. Find him before before he does something drastic. Before it's too late to save him.

End to Part 2!

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Max - Liz
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.