FanFic - Max/Liz
"Lost and Found"
"Lost"
Part 1
by Emma Whitfield
Disclaimer: I do not intend to infringe on any of the people truly involved in the production of Roswell, the TV series and the books. I am neither affiliated with the WB or Melinda Metz, but I am a crazed fan who needs to write pretend stories to keep from going mad during the week. For this story, the only things I own are the characters Audra Cristiensen, James Conway, Anna Lisa Evans, and Ben Thomas.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Some of the things I have in here all have a purpose. In other words, if there is something you think I should have explained, there is a very valid reason why I have chosen not to include it, or done the opposite of what you may think should happen. Anyway, you’ll understand more as this story comes along. For once, I actually know how this story will play out, and will end. So, the time it takes for me to get this done will be relatively short -- I just need the time to actually type it up. Also, I understand the season finale has aired, so my advice to you is to forget the past two months of episodes. I know it will be hard. But otherwise, many of the points discussed in this fic will not make sense. I just have a second comment. Have you noticed that my rambling at the top always manages to be a fic in itself? If you have read up until this far, you deserve my commendation. In fact, I bestow upon on you an Emma star. Alright, alright. I can take a hint. I’m done. :)
Audra Cristiensen sighed, and leaned back in her chair. She had been working on her research paper for days now, and nothing seemed to be working right. She glanced at the clock. It was nearly 3 am in the morning. It was due the following day.

Audra heard a dull murmur. She looked over to see her fiancé, James Conway, turn over in their bed.

“Audra, honey? I think you need to sleep.”

“I know. I’ll be there… eventually.”

“No,” he said, firmly but gently. “You need to sleep. Now. You haven’t slept in days. I haven’t slept in days.”

“I’m sorry, James, but -- ”

“No ‘buts.’ Just come to sleep.”

Audra sighed, and closed her notebooks. “Okay,” she sighed.

Audra slipped under the covers, as James wrapped his arms around her.

A few minutes passed.

“Audra? Are you still up?”

“Yeah…”

“What are you thinking about?”

Audra kept silent. She wasn’t really in the mood to talk to James about what she had really been thinking about. “The wedding…” she lied.

“Oh.” She heard something strange in James’ voice, but she couldn’t trace it. Was it fear? Uncertainty? Resentment?

“Well, I should start planning things soon,” she began.

“Do you want me to get a planner or something?”

“No. I can do it.”

“Okay.”

“Okay.”

Soon, James was off to sleep. Audra wasn’t sure what was going on. It was like something was waking up inside of her. She was feeling things she hadn’t felt, but yet they seemed so familiar. Something seemed wrong, but she couldn’t place it.

She mulled over her troubling thoughts, and finally fell to sleep.

*****

Max Evans stared out the window. It was as if the pain had hit him just today. It never diminished.

Ever since he lost his wife, Liz, things had never been the same. It wasn’t as if they had been “normal,” and “typical” before. But he didn’t think it was possible to love someone so much -- and yet, he had loved Liz even more than that. And she had loved him that much too.

Ever since the fateful day she had been taken away from him, he hadn’t been the same. He hadn’t slept well, ate well… lived well. Every day was pure torture.

The only reason he was able to live was for their daughter, Anna Lisa. She was a living and breathing reminder of Liz. She was only two, but the resemblance was uncanny. She was a beautiful child -- dark, silky chestnut-colored hair, big, shy eyes and the most endearing smile… All Anna Lisa had to do was smile, and Max was cheered at the sight.

Max didn’t know yet if Anna had his powers, but he was guessing she wouldn’t be completely without them. He was glad he was there to care for her. He wouldn’t know what to do if she was all alone. He didn’t want to think about her ever being alone.

Max hadn’t been in contact with anyone from Roswell in years. Even his sister. The last he’d heard, she was working second rate acting jobs in Hollywood. He’d only talked to Michael, once, and that was just after Anna was born. At that time, Michael was a starving artist in New York. He had broken things off with Maria early -- way back in high school. Max had no idea what she was doing, and he had guessed Alex had gone to college out east somewhere. But, Max had never been close to either Maria or Alex, so he didn’t really know.

He was all alone.

Max was currently in medical school, but being a single parent and trying to become a doctor, as well as working part time to pay for the rent, was one of the hardest things he could think of.

Max knew he should head to sleep. It was past midnight. He would have to get up early the next day.

Just as he was about to leave, he felt a flash. He hadn’t had one in years. He couldn’t see anything exactly, but what he felt shocked him. It was as if Liz had been there. That wasn’t uncommon -- he had hallucinations about Liz all the time. But, unlike before, it seemed that she was actually with him.

Max shook it off. He was obviously becoming delirious. He needed to sleep.

A tiny wail emerged from Anna Lisa’s room. Max sighed. It didn’t look like he’d be sleeping tonight.

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.