FanFic - Max/Liz
"Lost and Found"
"Lost"
Part 6
by Emma Whitfield
Disclaimer: I do not intend to infringe on any of the people truly involved in the production of Roswell, the TV series and the books. I am neither affiliated with the WB or Melinda Metz, but I am a crazed fan who needs to write pretend stories to keep from going mad during the week. For this story, the only things I own are the characters Audra Cristiensen, James Conway, Anna Lisa Evans, and Ben Thomas.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Some of the things I have in here all have a purpose. In other words, if there is something you think I should have explained, there is a very valid reason why I have chosen not to include it, or done the opposite of what you may think should happen. Anyway, you’ll understand more as this story comes along. For once, I actually know how this story will play out, and will end. So, the time it takes for me to get this done will be relatively short -- I just need the time to actually type it up. Also, I understand the season finale has aired, so my advice to you is to forget the past two months of episodes. I know it will be hard. But otherwise, many of the points discussed in this fic will not make sense. I just have a second comment. Have you noticed that my rambling at the top always manages to be a fic in itself? If you have read up until this far, you deserve my commendation. In fact, I bestow upon on you an Emma star. Alright, alright. I can take a hint. I’m done. :)
Max checked his watch. It was almost 8:00 in the morning. Isabel should be arriving any minute now. The fact that Max had a total of no sleep in the past few days didn’t even seem to register in his brain.

He carried Anna Lisa in one arm. Regardless of her uncontrolled powers, she still managed to bring a smile to his face. She was fascinated by the sky. He figured it was something that they all had been born with -- himself, Michael and Isabel included. But, like any other baby, she also loved watching the takeoff and landing of planes.

Max brought Anna close to a window. He was careful that she didn’t do anything that was noticeable, and made sure too many people weren’t around him. Anna gently touched the glass and looked up at the vast sky. Her mother’s eyes widened, and were completely enchanted by all she saw. Max’s heart broke just looking at her. He still couldn’t believe that this beautiful creature was his own flesh and blood.

It seemed so unfair that Liz didn’t even get to experience Anna Lisa.

Gently prying Anna Lisa away from the window, Max walked to check the overhead computer screen for information about Isabel’s arrival. He was anxious to see her. He hadn’t seen her in years. Would she be accepting, angry, sad? She had sounded so distant on the phone after he had told her the things that had happened. Was she still mad about Liz?

Anna Lisa started fussing in Max’s arms.

“Do you want me to put you down, Annie?”

Anna Lisa just made her typical noises, and he reluctantly set her down.

“Don’t run away, now, Anna Lisa. I can’t lose you.”

Max looked up to the gate. People had started entering the airport. He searched for Isabel. Amidst the crowd of people, she still managed to stand out. She was wearing a knee-length dress coat, leather pants, leopard-print sunglasses, and her was done up. She had left her house at 4 in the morning, and still managed to dress like a model. Max shook his head, but had to smile. Always Isabel.

As she removed her sunglasses, he caught her eyes. She slowly smiled. Max felt himself smile himself. Regardless of what she had ever said to him before, it was good to see his sister. He hadn’t even realized how much he had missed her.

“Max… hi.” Isabel said, coming up to him.

“Hi Isabel.”

The two just stood, unsure of what to say.

Suddenly, Isabel’s eyes narrowed in concern. “Did you bring Anna Lisa with you?”

“Yeah, she’s right here-- ” Max blinked a few times. He frantically searched the area. Horrible thoughts crossed his mind. What if someone had kidnapped her? What if she was lost? What is she used her powers? “Where is she?!” Max said, panicked. Leaving Isabel standing, he moved around the terminal, calling his daughter’s name.

“Anna! Anna Lisa! Where are you, honey?”

Max turned to one part of the terminal he hadn’t searched before. He finally caught sight of Anna Lisa’s tiny frame. He breathed a sigh of relief.

Isabel had caught up with him, and pointed at Anna Lisa. “Is that her?”

“Yeah,” Max said, quickly moving forward to get Anna before she ran off again.

“She’s beautiful.” Isabel said quietly, not wanting to mention how much she resembled Liz.

“She looks like her mother,” Max said simply.

As she came more into view, Max and Isabel slowed down. Anna looked as if she was talking to someone else. But who?

As they took a better look at who Anna was ‘conversing’ with, Isabel gasped. Max was frozen in shock.

Their minds could not believe what their eyes were telling them.

Part 5 | Index | Part 7
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.