Fanfic - Max/Liz
"Night City"
Part 3
by Jill Finegold
Disclaimer: I wish I owned them. Then maybe we'd have some M/L good plots.
Summary: Max's 21st birthday. They're in their senior year of college, and that's all I'm sayin'.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: R
Author's Note: Feedback is a must. Whatever you think; I'm all ears. Also, anything like *word* or **word** is an italic thingee. The latter is a memory.
Max felt like he had been sucker-punched. Standing in the middle of the stage was the girl he had been obsessing over for the past four years. And she was about to strip to their song, in a wholly un-romantic, un-wedding-night-bliss kind of way. Max swallowed his tonsils and fought back the memories building up in his mind's eye. But the force behind them said a kind of 'screw-you-asshole-deal-with-me' thing, and started up again.

**Senior Prom night. Three magical words that ended up changing his life forever. They were all going, all of them who were left. Michael and Maria, Max and Liz, and Isabel and Kyle. Kyle hadn't had a date, so Jesse let him borrow Isabel. Things hadn't been to good between Izzy and Jesse, and they had divorced soon afterwards.

Max remembered how Liz had looked. A long, emerald green dress had enveloped her in velvety folds, the bodice clinging to her, and the skirt sweeping out in a bell shape. Her beautiful, shiny hair was swept up on her head in a soft bun, and a few tendrils had escaped to frame her face. Her lips were as crimson as cherries, and her skin was soft and creamy. Her dark eyes sparkled under the lights in the hotel ballroom as he looked into them. Before leaning down to kiss her, she softly sang the lyrics of the song playing.

"I'm falling even more in love with you/Letting go of all I've held onto/I'm standing here until you make me move/I'm hanging by a moment here with you… "**

Ever since then it had been their song. Well…in the few weeks following, at least. He was thrust forcefully back into the present to find Liz skillfully removing the long, white habit she was wearing. Underneath she had a creamy white negligee on, with studded pearls and sequins over the breasts. She looked like a Victoria's Secret model. Max felt his mouth go dry.

"Forgetting all I'm lacking/Completely incomplete/I'll take your invitation/You take all of me/"

Liz maneuvered competently around the stage, twisting gracefully to the music. She had not yet caught sight of Max or Michael; in fact, she seemed very absorbed in her dancing. Liz seemed to not hear the men crying out to her, or feel their hands as she floated past them. She obviously knew they were there, because she adeptly twisted out of the range of their greedy hands. But she was definitely focused on nothing else but the music. Max felt the bottom of his stomach drop out. And just when he was getting used to actually seeing her again, much less at close range, she stepped onto his table. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

Liz was feeling bold tonight. The energy coursed through her veins. There wasn't any rational reason for it, but she felt like she could do anything. From lifting four tons of bricks to re-building an entire relationship, she could do just about anything. So why not dance on a table or two?

As she stepped onto the platform and waited for the song to kick up, she let the adrenaline course through her system, savoring the feeling. She normally felt shutdown, completely un-aware of anything but her misery. But tonight was different; every nerve was on fire, she was totally sensitive to every movement, every flicker of light. She felt truly alive for the first time in years.

As soon as the first spotlight hit her, she knew tonight was the night. Tonight she was going to be incredible, she was going to bring the house down and get out of this dead-end job. She would win the top title of the house, get the cash prize, and quit.

The speakers were blaring and she was fired up. Swaying rhythmically to the music, she adeptly maneuvered her way through the tangle of grasping hands and over to the runway. She decided to strike it up a notch. She stepped onto the nearest table.

Liz didn't see their faces for she was too absorbed in her dancing. She was twisting like a freaking contortionist. Liz decided it was time to lose the negligee. She twisted her arms out of the straps and let it float to her feet, revealing a satin, pearl-colored bra and thong.

Max's mind was completely blown. Liz was dancing on his table, and she had stripped even further. His mind absolutely refused to make a relevant coherent thought, other than 'Liz is here. Liz is here. So close, yet so far. Liz is here…' Liz spun softly in another circle, her wings making her seem like the most angelic thing in the universe. Her soft, creamy skin seemed to glow in the stage lights. That triggered yet another memory, and he was thrust into another memory.

**Liz's room. Her parents were out of Roswell, visiting Liz's aunt for the night. On prom night. Senior prom night. Foolish, foolish Parkers.

Tongues met; clothing was shed. Hot, open mouths trailed up and down exposed skin. Smooth, milky skin shuddered under the loving administrations of Max's mouth, tongue, and hands. Ragged breaths made their way to ears, sounding like the softest sonnets known to man. Warm, amber light illuminated two radiant bodies on the bed. Union. One. Finally, the sweetest feelings of all. Happiness, joy. Love.**

Overwhelmed with the most intense memory of his existence, Max nearly started choking. Liz was still on the table, doing a sort of lap dance kind of move. The last cords of the song began to chime, and Liz threw up her hands, much to the wild applause of the entire house, including the waitresses.

Chest heaving, Liz looked around the house and caught Maria's face. She looked positively stunned. Her face, behind the mask, was completely white, and she was looking like she was about to faint. Liz was slightly confused, but decided that it must be because she kicked ass.

Liz heard a large clapping down to her left. One occupant of the table was giving her a wolf whistle, the other sat there barely breathing. 'Oh yeah, I definitely kicked ass tonight!' She looked down at the stunned one, trying to see his facial expression. She wanted to relate that to Maria later, cheer in their dorm about it. She peered into his face, which was partially hidden in the shadows. What she saw stole her breath as his eyes pinned hers with their hazel depths.

*"MAX!?"*

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.