FanFic - Max/Liz
"Returning to Normal"
Part 2
by GirlInterrupted
Disclaimer: I, in no way, am associated with the actors, writers, producers, etc. of Roswell. The rights to the show belong to: 20th Century Fox, Jason Katims, the WB.
Summary: Takes place after ‘The End of the World.’ *Contains Spoilers* A turning point in Max and Liz’s relationship.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Authors Note: To all my Loners. Without your encouragement I wouldn’t have had the guts to submit this.
8 p.m.: The same night

“So, where do you want to eat?” I asked as I slid on my coat.

“Well, considering this is Roswell, the selection is limited. We have Senor Chow’s, McDonalds, and of course, here. But I refuse to eat here, so it’s a choice between the first two.”

“Well,” I started. “How about Senor Chow’s. I will not eat at McDonalds. Especially after that french fry fiasco.”

No, I wasn’t choosing it because that’s where Max and I had our first date. It was simply a process of elimination. Easy as that.

------------------------------------------------------

Considering the fact that Senor Chow’s was right down the road from the Crashdown, we walked. Which wasn’t a very wise thing to do, it raining and all.

“What was going through our minds as we were deciding to walk here?” Maria shrieked when we entered the restaurant.

“I think we were just enticed by the delicious burritos. All other thought had left our minds.” I giggled.

Maria always had that effect on me. She could make me smile no matter how crappy I was feeling.

“How many?” The hostess asked.

“Uh, two please.” I smiled, she was the same hostess that was always here.

We followed her to a booth by a window. Good, nowhere near the place where we had sat. I needed to remind myself that we weren’t a “we” anymore. I was Liz and he was Max. There was no “we” about us.

“Can I get you something to drink?” She questioned.

“Two cherry colas,” Maria answered.

The woman walked away.

“So, what shall we discuss? The fact that you’ve been completely ignoring me since you got back?” Well, no one said she was tactful.

“Maria, that’s why I asked you here. There’s some things I thought we needed to get out in the open,” I continued. “I know things haven’t been the same since I left for Florida. I miss our relationship. I want it back.”

She took a deep breath.

“Liz. I don’t know what exactly has been going on with you. I know things with Max haven’t been going well. I want you to know that I will always be here for you. No matter what happens.” She looked at me for a while before going on. “I need you to tell me what has happened. I need to know what you meant when you told Kyle that Max would never know.”

I put my head in my hands. I stayed like this for a few minutes. This was it. My moment of truth. Do I betray Max? Well, Max from the future anyway. This secret was destroying me. I wasn’t me anymore.

“This is important. Maria, what I’m about to tell you is not to be repeated to anyone. Especially Max. What I’m about to say could change everything. Has changed everything.” My eyes started watering up.

“Whatever it is, you can tell me.” She squeezed my shoulder.

The hostess set down our drinks, we ordered quickly. I wanted to get this out, Maria wanted to hear it.

“Do you remember the week when we went to the fortune teller?”

“Yeah why? Did something happen there? What did she tell you?” She was getting anxious.

“It’s not what she told me, it’s what happened afterwards,” I took a shaky breath. “Well, that night, something happened. Something that involves the granilith...”

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.