FanFic - Max/Liz
"Returning to Normal"
Part 8
by GirlInterrupted
Disclaimer: I, in no way, am associated with the actors, writers, producers, etc. of Roswell. The rights to the show belong to: 20th Century Fox, Jason Katims, the WB, etc.
Summary: Takes place after ‘End of the World.’ *Contains Spoilers* A turning point in Max and Liz’s relationship.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Authors Note: Thanks to everyone who has enjoyed reading my story. All types of feedback is appreciated!
“Did you want to take this with you?” Maria asked, holding up a red cardigan.

I can’t believe I was actually going through with this. Moving to Ohio. Leaving everyone behind. But I had to do this, I had to.

“Um, no. I’ll drop it off at the thrift store later.” I said, trying to keep from laughing.

Maria loved that cardigan. She had borrowed it countless times. I was going to give it to her before I left, but I thought I’d tease her a little.

“Really?” There was disappointment in her voice.

“Oh you know I’m joking. You knew I was going to give it to you, but you thought you’d try to be subtle about it.” She bit her lip to hold back the giggles.

Her face contorted even more, but then she burst out laughing. Then her laughter turned to sobs.

“God, Liz. I’m going to miss you so much.” She wiped away a tear.

I walked to where she was standing and wrapped my arms around her. She held me tightly, like she would never see me again. Then I realized that these moments, these days, could possibly be the last we’d ever spend together. I pulled her toward me tighter.

“Okay, oxygen becoming an issue.” She choked out.

“Sorry.” I said, stepping back from her.

“Let’s stop our blubbering for a while and finish packing your stuff. I never realized how much stuff you have.” She gestured toward the piles of boxes we had already packed.

I smiled at her. I was loading up some old stuffed animals into one of the boxes.

“Oh my God, Maria. Remember this!” I held up a raggedy teddy bear.

“It’s Mimo! I remember him. You got him on your 7th birthday.” She took the bear out of my hand.

“And you were jealous because he had a ribbon tied around his neck and yours didn’t.” I chuckled at the memory.

She set him on my bed then walked over to my desk. Or I should say, where my desk used to be.

“Does he know you’re leaving?” She asked, her back facing me.

Max. That’s who she was referring to. Had I talked to Max.

“No. We haven’t talked since, well, since he saw Kyle and I together that night. He just saw us, and then left.” I pressed my lips together tightly.

“Are you going to tell him?” She asked, casually.

“I don’t know. I mean, I think I kind of owe it to him to tell him. I can’t just leave things as they are right now.” I folded up a pair of jeans, and put them in a box.

“Oh.” Her voice sounded weird.

Oh no. She didn’t.

Part 7 | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.