FanFic - Max/Liz
"Solace"
Part 3
by Meredith
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Future fic. if you're basing it on "Destiny", it would be fifteen years later. Jordana, the baby born in "LOL", is now ten.
"EVAN MAXWELL GUERIN! GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW, BUDDY!" Maria Guerin screamed at the top of her lungs, clutching a small toy car in one hand and the small hand of her three-year-old daughter in the other. She then heard the footsteps of her eight-year-old son padding down the hallway into the living room.

"What, Mom?" The sandy blonde-haired boy said with his arms crossed and a pout on his face.

"You *know* what. Did you throw this at your sister?" Maria said sternly, thrusting the small car in his hand.

Evan smirked into the face he inherited from his father. "She's lying." He said calmly.

"Mommy, he HIT ME WITH THAT!" Parker Marie Guerin squealed at the top of her lungs, stomping her feet in frustration. Her wavy blonde hair bounced on top of her head in time with her movements.

"Mom, I didn't hit her! I swear!" Evan cried. "I've been in my room playing on the computer the whole time!"

Maria sighed as she looked from her son's shocked face to her daughter's angered one. She often found herself in this situation. Parker was at the age where she needed a lot of attention and it seemed between working a full time job and trying to take care of the house, Maria wasn't around enough to give it to her. "Parker, sweetie. I'm sorry you were hurt. Please stop crying, okay honey? Evan, you can go back to your room, okay? Just stay away from her." Parker sniffed back tears and wiped her wet face with the back of her hand.

Evan's eyes narrowed into an angered glance. "You always take her side!" He screamed, running into his room and slamming the door behind him.

"Evan! Wait!" She cried behind him. Maria sat with her face in her hands, trying hard not to cry. Parker wrapped her tiny arms around her mother and rubbed her arm.

"Mommy, don't cry. I'm sorry if I made you cry." She said quietly. Maria turned to her daughter and planted a big kiss on her cheek.

"Come on, shorty. You want to help me start dinner?" Maria said, grabbing her daughter's hand and leading her into the nearby kitchen.

"Okay, Mommy. When's Daddy coming home?" Parker said, taking a seat at the kitchen table while Maria began pulling items from the cabinets.

"In a little while, honey. He had to work late today." Michael had gotten a job working for an architect outside of Roswell. His art skills helped him land a job which allowed him to work with teams of other designers on houses and other buildings. He had plans to open up his own office in Roswell so he could be closer to his family. Maria and Isabel owned their own clothing and home furnishings store called Perfectly Alienated. It was on the main street of Roswell, right next to the Crashdown Cafe, which the Parker family still owned, and across from the UFO Center, where crazy Milton was still the manager. Michael had helped with the design of the store, which Maria and Isabel featured their own line of clothing which they call "Mimmal". It's a funny name for a line of clothing, but it was special to them. "Mimmal" stands for "Maria, Isabel, Max, Michael, Alex, and Liz." With Maria and Isabel each contributing their unique styles, their clothing is a hot seller in the store.

"I want my Daddy!" Parker cried, slamming her fists into the table and pouting. Maria sighed, a laugh escaping her lips. Parker was definitely Daddy's little girl. From the moment she was born, she had Michael wrapped around her tiny little finger. It was amazing to Maria how much a wife and kids had grounded her husband. He wasn't the same person he was when they were in high school.

"I told you, he'll be home in a little while. Don't be a silly girl. So what would you like for dinner?" Maria asked. "Pizza? Chicken? Hamburgers?"

"Pasketti." Parker said firmly, her arms crossed on her chest.

"Spaghetti? That sounds good." Maria said, pulling out a box of spaghetti noodles from the cupboard.

"Mama, when are we going to see the babies again? I want to see the babies." Parker said, opening up a coloring book on the table and reaching for some nearby crayons.

"Uncle Max and Aunt Liz work a lot. Maybe we can go visit Dylan and Matty this weekend when they're not working."

"I want to see them now!" Parker whined.

Maria sighed, resting her head in her hands. The terrible twos had grown into the terrible threes for her daughter. She wasn't sure if she was going to make it until Graduation Day with this one.

* * * * *

Theresa Bingham laid lesiurely in her bathtub, her pregnant belly stealing most of the mountain of bubbles from the rest of her body. She couldn't get her mind off her doctor's visit that day. Was Max on to her? Did he figure out the mystery that quickly?

She laughed. "He's smart. But he's not that smart. He's not expecting this." Just then, her relaxing bath was interrupted by a knock at the door. She rolled her eyes and sighed. "I told you NEVER to bother me when I'm in the tub! I need time alone to think!"

"I'm sorry..." A voice called from behind the door. "But I thought you'd want to hear about this..."

Theresa rolled her eyes. "Fine, come in."

A blonde-haired, blue-eyed woman walked into the bathroom, a newspaper clipping in her hand. "This was in the paper today." She thrust the paper towards Theresa.

"I can't read that when I'm in the BATHTUB! I'll get it all wet. You idiot!" Theresa said, her auburn waves cascading down from the pile of hair on top of her head. Her blue eyes pierced visciously into the woman hovering over her. "Read it to me."

"Okay." The woman said, clearing her throat. "Local architect Michael Guerin to open his own office in Roswell."

Theresa smirked. "The boy's doing well for himself. Keep reading."

" '...until recently, thirty-three-year-old Guerin had been working solely for The Rittenbauer and Sons firm in Los Topicos, fifty miles outside of Roswell. After designing several buildings on Main Street, including the clothing store Perfectly Alienated, owned by his wife, Maria, and friend, Isabel Whitman, Guerin has decided to open his own office and work on projects ranging from houses to other businesses right here in Roswell. Guerin has lived in Roswell his entire life and he and wife Maria have two children: eight-year-old Evan and three-year-old Parker.' "

"Awww...what a cute little family. But with Maria? She's such a tramp. Michael could do so much better." Theresa said, sucking her teeth in disgust. "Frankly, I'm disappointed that they ended up together."

Theresa's companion arched her eyebrow. "Well, you have been gone for a very long time, Tessa. What did you expect to happen?"

"Whatever. The stupid Guerin family is of no interest to me. If my brother wants to ruin his life, so be it." Theresa said, rolling her eyes.

The companion sighed. "Theresa. You can't keep calling him your brother. We have to keep a low profile, remember?"

"This is our home, Nasedo! Who is going to say or do anything? No one, okay! No one!"

"Quit calling me Nasedo. Call me Jessica, like we planned, okay? God knows who could be watching and listening right now! I've spent too much time recovering your body to screw things up now." Jessica said firmly.

"You are WAY to paranoid, you need to CALM yourself down. How much longer to I have to be in this ugly body anyway? I'm tired of being pregnant. My legs are swollen like two Christmas hams and my breasts hurt like hell." Theresa said, splashing her feet in the warm bath water.

"Give me a few more weeks. Just a few, the crystals aren't working as well as I hoped..."

"Well why NOT?" Theresa screamed.

"Why NOT, Tessa? Why NOT? Because we don't have Max, Michael, or Isabel to heal you, that's why not. It's clear they want nothing to do with us."

"When has that ever stopped us?" Theresa said, laughing.

"True... but we forcing them to help us isn't going to do us any good. In order for the crystals to work, we need your four complete energies..." Jessica said sincerely.

"Are you telling me I will never get back to my real body?" Theresa said with a terrified look in her eye.

Jessica paused. "No. It's just going to take a little while longer. Be patient. I've spent the last ten years of my life trying to get you back, Tess. I care about you like my own child. I mean, God, I almost killed myself trying to give you the power to shapeshift. So please, just trust me. You know you can."

Theresa paused, dunking her head under the water and coming back up quickly. "You promised me my son. If I don't get my son..."

"You'll get your family back. You have my word." Jessica said firmly.

"I know I can count on you, Nasedo." Theresa said, holding Jessica's hand and pressing it against the side of her face.

"Until then, keep doing what you're doing. Keep trying to get inside his head."

"It's been so long...I can't wait to hold him in my arms again and tell him how much I love him."

"Who? Adam-Michael or Max?" Jessica asked with a smirk.

Theresa laughed. "Both."

* * * * *

Liz carefully laid Matthew down in his crib as Max did the same for Dylan.

"Goodnight, angels." Liz said, kissing each baby's head and moving towards the hallway. Max flipped off the lights and he shut the door behind them. Making their way into their bedroom, Max sighed. "What was that sigh for?" Liz asked, smiling, as they pulled down the covers on their bed and snuggled down into the sheets together.

"Do you ever get the feeling, when you look into someone's eyes, that you know them...even if they are a complete stranger?"

"What, like another life or something?" Liz asked, caressing Max's chest lightly with her fingers.

Max paused. "Yeah. I mean, I had this patient today. I'd never seen her before in my life, I know that... but for a second, I thought..."

"You thought you knew her from somewhere?" Liz asked, staring off into space.

"Yeah. I know it sounds ridiculous." Max said.

"No, it isn't ridiculous, sweetie." She replied, resting her head on his chest and closing her eyes. There was a silence between them as they each relaxed more in each other's arms, trying to fall asleep.

"Liz."

"Yeah?" She asked quietly, her exhausted eyes fluttering closed.

"What happened to Adam-Michael last night?" He asked. Liz's eyes flew open.

She paused. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, this morning, when Jordana had her nightmare, Adam asked her if she'd thought she saw someone...what did he mean by that?" Max asked.

"I don't know honey, why are you asking me?"

"Well, after he asked her that, you gave him a look to try to make him be quiet."

Liz sat up. "Umm..."

"Are you hiding something from me?" Max asked her pointedly. Liz's expression told all. He pressed on further. "What is it? You don't ever keep secrets from me..."

"I just don't...want to upset you."

"Oh, baby, nothing you ever say would ever hurt me..." He ran his fingers through her long brown hair. "So just tell me. Please?"

Liz sighed. "Adam-Michael thought... he saw...Tess...last night."

Max gasped. "What?" He asked, choking on the words.

Liz nodded. "He was outside on the porch, he couldn't sleep. He got this...premonition, or something...she was there."

Max grabbed Liz and pulled her body close to his. "Oh my God." His eyes were wide open with fear. "But it was just that...a premonition...right?"

"Yes. But when I was feeding the twins, Adam came in from outside and sat with us for a while. When he was in there, he heard...her voice...in his head...speaking to him..."

Max fumed. "Dammit!"

"Max, please be quiet, you'll wake the kids... nothing's happened yet... just some scary coincidences...."

"Then Jordana had her nightmare...she thought she saw something or someone... it was Tess, wasn't it? God, Liz, why didn't you tell me?" Max screamed.

"I didn't tell you for *exactly* this reason! I knew you'd flip out! And I just can't deal with that right now." Liz said, her eyes filling with warm tears. Max looked deep into her eyes as his own eyes began brimming with tears of frustration. He pulled her close to him as they laid back down on the bed. He rubbed her hair with his hand and tried to sooth her.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you." He said softly.

"It's okay, it's not your fault. I should have told you sooner..."

"No, you were right not to tell me...I'm sorry...I'm not going to let anything happen to you...or the kids." Max said firmly, kissing the top of her head. "I love you."

"I love you too." She said as he lifted her chin with his hand and kissed her. She held onto him tightly, needing to feel protected from every fear bouncing around in her brain. She needed peace. She needed calm. She needed him. After a few quiet moments between them, she returned to his lips, and with every kiss, she felt herself and her fears slip away...

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.