FanFic - Max/Liz
"Tell Me You Didn't Say Goodbye"
Part 1
by Jamie
Disclaimer: Roswell belongs to the WB. I'm just using the characters for my own personal use. Oh, and the lyrics are property of Travis Tritt's record company (the title for the story is same as for the song). I just hope I won't get sued for using them.
Summary: Post Destiny--The Day After. In the form of an episode, so bear with me!!!
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
(Camera goes to Liz, who is waking up in bed)

When I woke up this morning
Wiped the sleep from my eyes

(Liz wipes her eyes and acts like she realized something)

Found a new day dawning
And suddenly I realize
You're gone

(**Flashback** Liz sees herself running away, Max calling after her and Michael telling Max to let her go. **End Flashback** Camera goes to Liz who falls back onto her bed and cries)

Tell me I was dreaming
That you didn't leave me here to cry
You didn't say you don't love me anymore
And it was just my imagination telling lies
Tell me that you didn't say goodbye

(The scene between Max, Michael, and Liz replays in mind. Liz throws her hands over her face and sobs more as she calls out Max's name.

"I shouldn't have run! I should have stayed!" Liz screams into nothing-ness.

(Camera fades out from Liz's room and fades into Max's bedroom)

I'm in a state of confusion
I hope things aren't what they seem

(Max pushes himself out of bed, and looks over his shoulder at his bed. **Flashback to his dream** Max pushes Michael's hand off his shoulder and runs after Liz, calling after her all the while. Lis stops, turns around, and runs towards Max. They meet each other, throw each other's arms around the other and meet in a passionate kiss (Think of their first kiss!). **End Flashback Dream** Max, realizing what he has done, throws his hands over his face and cries. **Camera fades** Max is getting dressed and thinking about Liz and what has been told to him.)

If this is really happening
Just let me go back to dream
You're home

(Max sits on his bed, puts his elbows on his knees and puts his head in his hands and sighs. He thinks again about his dream and lays down on his bed in hopes he will fall asleep and continue his dream. "Liz," he calls out softly. A lone tear comes down cheek as he slowly gets off of the bed, grabs his bookbag and heads to school.)

(Camera fades from Max and goes back to Liz)

Tell me I was dreaming
That you didn't leave me here to cry

(Liz smiles at the thought of her dream about her and Max. At how Max had come into school that next morning and begged her for forgiveness. And she and Max shared a passionate kiss (Again, think of their first kiss). She knew that since she had heard Max, Isabel, and Michael's destiny, she didn't want to stand in the way of it, but Max had told her that she was his destiny and that he still loved her. . .)

You didn't say you don't love me anymore
And it was just my imagination telling lies
Tell me that you didn't say goodbye

(Liz grabs her bookbag and heads for school. . .)

(Camera fades from Liz to the halls of West Roswell High. Camera goes to Liz first and she is scanning the halls for Max. She looks from left to right and back to the left. When she goes past Max's locker, a lone tear falls down onto her notebook. She waits a moment for Max, hoping her would turn the corner to his locker at any moment. But, soon she gives up and begins to walk to her locker.)

(Camera goes from Liz to Max, who is pushing open the doors to West Roswell High. He heads straight to Liz's locker, hoping she would be there, waiting--for him. When he reached her locker, she wasn't there. Another tear fell down his cheek. The tear falls to the tip of his shoe. He turns the corner to his locker and hits someone. "I'm sorry," he says.

"Excuse me," a female voice says. He knew that voice better than his own--it was Liz. He looked up as he saw her turn the corner to go to her locker. He continues to look at the corner, hoping for Liz to comeback around and throw her arms around him and have he would beg for her forgiveness. But that fantasy never came. The late bell for class rang and brought him back to reality.)

(softly) Darlin', tell me you didn't say goodbye. . .

He hung his head in defeat and turned toward his locker and he let the tears fall freely.)

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.